Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is now starting to get annoying

You never know, when we got rid of jansson and bought in Ben white no one was filled with confidence! If bielsa turned Ben white into the player he is today then he can do it with anyone!

The reply to that quote, from another Leeds fan, was reasonable but it was ignored for some reason:

'Ben White was a player Brighton fans already rated highly and had done very well out on loan albiet at a lower level.'

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

b5d69bcf6577ccd40fa32b71b819b93a.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Really? We'd come away with a fat wedge of cash for a player we've never needed to use in the PL previously. I think we'd be pretty happy to be honest.

It really is win-win for us whatever happens, that's what's so amusing about Leeds fans' impotent fury at being our feeder club.

I don't know. Some people can't seem to see any logic in selling him. I don't know if it's this thread or the Ben White one, but there was a whole discussion early this week where people couldn't even conceive of selling him. Big teams, teams with the aim of moving up the table don't sell their players, apparently. Especially not youngsters who did well on loan.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Any thoughts on this pickle of a situaiton [MENTION=41536]Killer Whale[/MENTION]?

Or do you also feel a large percentage of Leeds fans are getting a little carried away?

They lost two nil, at home........to Sheffield Wednesday?! :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

That's absolutely brilliant. But apparently Leeds will effortlessly finish above #teamslikebrighton and Bielsa will only be happy to stay if they are challenging for the title (without having to sign anyone of course).

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They lost two nil, at home........to Sheffield Wednesday?! :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

That's absolutely brilliant. But apparently Leeds will effortlessly finish above #teamslikebrighton and Bielsa will only be happy to stay if they are challenging for the title (without having to sign anyone of course).

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY :lolol:

We lost 2-1 at home to Sheffield Wednesday.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Ben is undeniably a great player, he'll always be a part of Leeds legend as part of the team that finally got us promoted back to the premiership. It seems a shame to not have him for the Premiership campaign but I think we need to realise that under perfect circumstances we've turned a promising CB into a huge asset for Brighton.

An asset that is unfortunately out of our price range, so unless Ben wants to run his contract out we're out of the race realistically.

Looking to the future we can't risk it all in the first season, we can't be big headed enough to just expect to stay up, but in developing Ben to such an extent we've announced to every top team just what we can do with Bielsa at the helm, turn that player you're sending out on loan into potentially a £20 million player within a season. I don't think we/Bielsa will be short of talented young players being thrown at him by bigger clubs than Brighton. Even if it's loans with no option to buy, would I take being a development team for some of the best clubs in the world whilst we stabilised ourselves in the Premiership? Absolutely.

So thanks Ben, I doubt we'd have done it without you, you'll always be welcomed in Leeds no matter where you end up, but we move on.

More "we made him" rubbish but with the added, delicious acceptance that they are now a feeder club for #teamslikebrighton and those above us.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The day our season fell apart for a few months too

I presume I am being WHOOSHED here.

We did the double over Wednesday the season we were promoted. Beating them at Hillsborough for the first time EVER was the moment I was convinced we were going up. Then we beat them at home with the Stockdale penalty (and rebound) save and AK's last minute winner.

As they are now lower league also rans we haven't played them in the league since, the only match being the dire 0-1 loss in the cup when we clearly couldn't be bothered to turn up.

What was this 1-2 when the season fell apart?!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
FA. Cup third round, this year.
It was very much a second 11, but, it was an awful display.

Terrible performance I agree, but was only 1-0, not 2-1.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

The average level of stupidity on that forum is outstanding. They thought he was talking about White, then realised it was Bielsa and then argued about it......... and apparently he's a Brighton fan pretending to be Leeds............. :lol:

We all have our fair share of thickos (we have ppf etc) but wow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I presume I am being WHOOSHED here.

We did the double over Wednesday the season we were promoted. Beating them at Hillsborough for the first time EVER was the moment I was convinced we were going up. Then we beat them at home with the Stockdale penalty (and rebound) save and AK's last minute winner.

As they are now lower league also rans we haven't played them in the league since, the only match being the dire 0-1 loss in the cup when we clearly couldn't be bothered to turn up.

What was this 1-2 when the season fell apart?!

It was actually 0-1 and we went on a wobble for a month

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not sure that was true of us. I think we all accepted it would be a fight against relegation from the start.

Well personally I knew Hughton set us well without the ball plus knew we could score

And in the end we did hold our own

However I soon realised the shit Prem teams were pretty good

I think most fans of clubs who romp the Championship think they’ve got something special

Reality soon sets in , and it will for Leeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

There ya go - they are lurking. Seeing those stats where BW was basically proved their best player last season by a mile, I’d like them to read this and think about joining to say thank you for us as we’ve basically got them promoted by lending them one of our prospects we’ve been clever enough to pick up...

Can see the obsession - we have everything they want to be. Amazing stadium, the most loyal, loud and passionate fans in the country, an infrastructure they can only dream of, full attendances in our huge stadium even when we were bottom end of the Championship... Maybe they can send their old boy coach over to Lancing and he can pick up some tips and do like a training course with Potter, Barber etc? I know we’ve helped them to £200mil already without thanks but I don’t mind helping them again...? We can get Ben White to sort it lads - he’s a prospect now we’re likely to have a look at for the first team :thumbsup: Oh, and well done on winning the 2nd division - I feel like we should get a trophy ourselves for helping though? Something we could put in the club shop unsupervised...

Really hoping Leeds can climb the all important table and achieve their goal of the biggest club in their County but there’s a long way to go - all the best.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I don't know if it is true.

If it is, I don't have an answer to why Bielsa didn't at first feel the need for White, it will presumably have to do with how strong he felt the defence was at the time, with Cooper, Beradi and Pontus all actively playing, and doing well. He famously likes small, tightly knit squads.

What I do know is that having first started to work with him, he saw the potential. He told Cooper he would turn him into the best defender in the Championship and the transformation he made to him was extraordinary. But Cooper is far less naturally talented than White. So of course he did even better with Ben.

3 years ago Michael Flynn (the then Newport manager) said that Ben White would be a regular in the Premier League and will play for Egnland.

He did not say Ben White would be a regular in the Premier League and will play for Egnland only if he was guided by the football genius of Bielsa.

Anyone who has bothered to follow the development of Ben White knew he was destined for the top. Leeds Utd was used to gain some experience at a lower level than BHA are used to playing at these days.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
There ya go - they are lurking. Seeing those stats where BW was basically proved their best player last season by a mile, I’d like them to read this and think about joining to say thank you for us as we’ve basically got them promoted by lending them one of our prospects we’ve been clever enough to pick up...

Can see the obsession - we have everything they want to be. Amazing stadium, the most loyal, loud and passionate fans in the country, an infrastructure they can only dream of, full attendances in our huge stadium even when we were bottom end of the Championship... Maybe they can send their old boy coach over to Lancing and he can pick up some tips and do like a training course with Potter, Barber etc? I know we’ve helped them to £200mil already without thanks but I don’t mind helping them again...? We can get Ben White to sort it lads - he’s a prospect now we’re likely to have a look at for the first team :thumbsup: Oh, and well done on winning the 2nd division - I feel like we should get a trophy ourselves for helping though? Something we could put in the club shop unsupervised...

Really hoping Leeds can climb the all important table and achieve their goal of the biggest club in their County but there’s a long way to go - all the best.

Superb baiting :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here