Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really? We'd come away with a fat wedge of cash for a player we've never needed to use in the PL previously. I think we'd be pretty happy to be honest.

It really is win-win for us whatever happens, that's what's so amusing about Leeds fans' impotent fury at being our feeder club.

Really? TBH, even if we signed VVD and Laporte I'd be really disappointed not to see Ben White playing for us.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don't know if it is true.

If it is, I don't have an answer to why Bielsa didn't at first feel the need for White, it will presumably have to do with how strong he felt the defence was at the time, with Cooper, Beradi and Pontus all actively playing, and doing well. He famously likes small, tightly knit squads.

What I do know is that having first started to work with him, he saw the potential. He told Cooper he would turn him into the best defender in the Championship and the transformation he made to him was extraordinary. But Cooper is far less naturally talented than White. So of course he did even better with Ben.

So you don’t think that the Brighton academy that have been working with Ben for years have had anything to do with his development ? The fact that he was your man of the match right at the beginning of last season is just an insignificant detail. It is so insulting to Ben and the academy here at Brighton. You have instantly proven the point I have just made in my previous reply.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I wanted to talk about the excitement there is at the club right now, what an interesting character Bielsa is, how wonderful the football is to watch, and what the prospects are for next season. Giving you a different perspective.

We get that, it wasn't that long ago we experienced the same thing when we got promoted. It is just the fact that the Premier League has a habit of crashing into reality. We've just completed our third season in it, and it's probably the first one that hasn't been a mind-numbing slog!

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
I like the deluded Leeds fans and this crazy horse Bielsa temperamental magician. Premier League needs more of this type of panto and less of Burnley..

Robbie Savage said that Leeds will bring "glamour" to the Premier League.

No doubt you will say that is is "deluded" for a Leeds fan to agree with him. :lol:

Leeds isn't a glamorous club actually, it is working class and gritty, but it is one brimming with character. It is a club that always evinces a big response, from both the media and fans of other clubs. It creates waves. If Bielsa stays, how well we do will be one of the media narratives of the season. Something for you to enjoy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No doubt you will say that is is "deluded" for a Leeds fan to agree with him. :lol:

Leeds isn't a glamorous club actually, it is working class and gritty, but it is one brimming with character. It is a club that always evinces a big response, from both the media and fans of other clubs. It creates waves. If Bielsa stays, how well we do will be one of the media narratives of the season. Something for you to enjoy.

You do realise Robbie Savage actually speaks in click-bait, don't you!
:lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Savage is a prick though so nothing he says should ever be repeated

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Robbie Savage’s tips for relegation 2019/20

Norwich
Sheffield United
Southampton

I wouldn’t hang too much on that shouty loudmouth’s predictions and opinions.

I think [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] may have put it more succinctly than me though

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

If it is, I don't have an answer to why Bielsa didn't at first feel the need for White, it will presumably have to do with how strong he felt the defence was at the time, with Cooper, Beradi and Pontus all actively playing, and doing well. He famously likes small, tightly knit squads.

What I do know is that having first started to work with him, he saw the potential. He told Cooper he would turn him into the best defender in the Championship and the transformation he made to him was extraordinary. But Cooper is far less naturally talented than White. So of course he did even better with Ben.

How is it that Ben White won all the plaudits in his FIRST game with you then if he was 'transformed' by Bielsa? I think that Leeds and Bielsa then saw what we already knew, that White was a prodigious talent, which is something most of the Leeds Twitter crew are unable to accept.

Edit: Just seen [MENTION=34242]Neville's Breakfast[/MENTION] got there first with the same point. It is true.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We get that, it wasn't that long ago we experienced the same thing when we got promoted. It is just the fact that the Premier League has a habit of crashing into reality. We've just completed our third season in it, and it's probably the first one that hasn't been a mind-numbing slog!

The thing is 'we', pretty much to a fan, entered the Premier League with a healthy dose of reality.

No posturing, no peacocking and no trashing the incumbents (Bournemouth aside, naturally)

You're right we've slogged through two seasons and nervily played out the third.

However next season, for the first time ever, I'm thinking 'bring it on'.

Even then I'm still 'Bring it on - bring on the top 10, no cups'.

I'm a long way from Villa/Leeds levels of expectation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The transformation was extraordinary? Absolute nonsense. He got MotM in his first game and Championship Player of the Month for August.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just be aware that when ourselves and Newcastle ran away with league (both with more points than you) I think both sets of fans thought we’d easily hold our own ,

Fulham came up and spend £150 mill and went down , Norwich ran away with the league and went down with a whimper playing the sort of football you do .

Villa , another deluded bunch of fans who thought they’d do a Wolves , spent £150 mill and should have gone down too .

Wolves went up with Prem quality players , you haven’t, you’re top Championship quality outfit , every team in the bottom 8 is better than you currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure that was true of us. I think we all accepted it would be a fight against relegation from the start.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Is it OK to point out that Pontus Jansson is completely shite. Funny that Leeds fans use him as some sort of barometer of quality. He's rubbish.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think he’s [MENTION=41536]Killer Whale[/MENTION] is referring to Cooper.

Yes, you are right. Sorry for misquoting you [MENTION=41536]Killer Whale[/MENTION]. It was easy to misread though as I have seen numerous Leeds fans tweets stating that Bielsa made Ben White the player he is etc.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure that was true of us. I think we all accepted it would be a fight against relegation from the start.

Even with the perceived step forward this coming season, anything better than avoiding relegation reasonably comfortably will be a big achievement imo. Top 10 is just a dream

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This is now starting to get annoying

You never know, when we got rid of jansson and bought in Ben white no one was filled with confidence! If bielsa turned Ben white into the player he is today then he can do it with anyone!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Oh my days!

Went from:
Now sell us Ben White, most of you hadn't heard of him before he went to leeds anyway so it'll be no loss.

To

Dear oh dear indeed, but at least i know he's not coming back to Leeds, you lot still think he's staying at your place!

With one tweet in the middle :lol:

He's got some pretty horrible racist and far right stuff on his Twitter feed as well. I made the mistake of scrolling down a bit. Just a nasty, thick scumbag who runs away when confronted with reasonable debate.

Seems to be a bit of a Leeds trait (the running away bit). Including our current guest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here