Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Zaha to Leeds and everyone's happy. He gets to go to a club challenging for a Champions League place (apparently) and Palace get tons of money from wealthy Leeds and a sulky player out of their dressing room.

Man United pocket a big chunk of the fee to really piss off the Leeds fans, Palace think they are loaded but the remainder of the money only just covers their losses on wages. Both get relegated.

I can't see a downside to this scenario.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Man United pocket a big chunk of the fee to really piss off the Leeds fans, Palace think they are loaded but the remainder of the money only just covers their losses on wages. All 3 get relegated.

I can't see a downside to this scenario.

FTFY

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He was especially impressed by Mr MUR71904709's Twatter bio: 'Leeds utd, England rugby and horse racing fan..Straight, white, meat eater, car and van driver, Tory voter and Brexiteer, just about as low as it gets.' :thumbsup:

At least he's got some self-awareness

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Dress it up how you like sweet cheeks. You're as deluded as the illiterate morons on Twitter.

Leaning back in your chaise lounge, Noel Coward smoking jacket and cravat, chunky crystal glass with Tanqueray No.10 and a dash of tonic, slice no ice. Using italics to make your laissez faire (mais, va tu faire enculer) points. You're still talking utter bollocks.

What you're doing there (and it's not even subtle) is laying down a bullshit marker whereby any success that Ben White has in the future will (in your head) all be down to Leeds. So you can sit there, rubbing your chin while listening to shit freeform jazz and thinking "Yes..... I was right all along...... nice" when he plays for England.

It was a one year loan. He played a huge part in getting you promoted. It was part of his development AS A BRIGHTON PLAYER. "Life changing" "underpin" "bedrock of a career". :lolol::lolol::lolol:

For all your flowery language, you still don't seem to be able to understand basic facts. He was already a very good player. He has flourished at every level. He then proved he could do it at Championship level and now he has the chance to try to prove he can do it at the top, for Brighton.

That is all, nothing more and nothing less. Your "genius" manager and your newly promoted club are as relevant to Ben White as we were to Fikayo Tomori or Villa were to Tammy Abraham or Derby were to Mason Mount. Or any number of other great young players who were loaned to Championship teams.

You might have started out with a few decent points but the mask has slipped. The title of this thread is, once again, completely correct.

Dear boy.. “I was providing you an argument, but I can’t give you an understanding”

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I still don’t get how he can be so literate and so au fait with Latin and yet be utterly confused by the loan system.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Dear boy.. “I was providing you an argument, but I can’t give you an understanding”

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I still don’t get how he can be so literate and so au fait with Latin and yet be utterly confused by the loan system.

To be fair, the loan system was rather different in Roman times. If you sent one of your local Christians off to get experience at a massive collosseum, they tended to come back a bit the worse for wear.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
[tweet]1288770165522477058[/tweet]

It tells us that you’ve got no idea what position Veltman plays, and that counting isn’t really a strong point. There does seems to be a collective thought in Leeds that defender automatically equals same place that Ben White plays so that means he’s joining.

They don’t even need counting skills to process the fee is 900k and not 20m.
Keep going Leeds twitterati. Very entertaining.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They don’t even need counting skills to process the fee is 900k and not 20m.
Keep going Leeds twitterati. Very entertaining.

One of them has just told me that we need to be "sensible and realistic". This was when I pointed out that he was wrong about us not knowing who Ben White was before this season.

They are as beyond parody as Donald Trump.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Can’t help but notice that Ben White appears to be on holiday with......Aaron Connolly.

Hehe. Go on, post that on a Leeds forum. I dare you! :whistle:

Yes they would be annoyed, but only because it means Agent White has guaranteed Connolly will sign for them too. Toys well and truly out of the pram because there’s NO WAY he’s good enough for their top 4 side and it puts their move for CAVANI in doubt.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
Wonder child, actually. But then of course you knew that. Pretending you didn't is all part of your rhetorical box of tricks, like Chaucer's Franklin who "sleep nevere on the Mount of Parnaso." Confounding us knuckle-draggers who get annoyed with anyone using dirty foreign words and phrases on this British website again, you clever boy.

I love Chaucer but am ashamed to admit I don't know the Franklin's Prologue and Tale.

I got round to the Decameron a little while ago, have you read it? As I am sure you know Boccaccio was a huge influence on Chaucer, and the work is very relevant in our days of Covid. Extremely sexy too! Full of stupid villagers with pretty wives getting cuckolded by clever Friars, and Monks deflowering Nuns. Highly entertaining if you don't know it. It hasn't got Chaucer's beautiful poetry in translation of course, but the tales are actually even better I think. Or the best of them are, not all.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bradley? Not a bad footballer but don't think he's a doctor

Annoying, gimp haired get. He was always crocked / rubbish but would crawl out of his sick bed to bang a goal or two in against us before going back to being crocked / rubbish for the rest of the season. :rant:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I love Chaucer but am ashamed to admit I don't know the Franklin's Prologue and Tale.

I got round to the Decameron a little while ago, have you read it? As I am sure you know Boccaccio was a huge influence on Chaucer, and the work is very relevant in our days of Covid. Extremely sexy too! Full of stupid villagers with pretty wives getting cuckolded by clever Friars, and Monks deflowering Nuns. Highly entertaining if you don't know it. It hasn't got Chaucer's beautiful poetry in translation of course, but the tales are actually even better I think. Or the best of them are, not all.

Jeez KW, don't bother!

We are from BRIGHTON. Land of the out-of-work actor and aromatherapy entrepreneur. Where everybody is writing a novel (or something...'the structure is more free-form really, ya').

In a 'who's got the most pretentious fans' competition there is only ever going to be one winner.

There will be some that try to persuade you otherwise. That we're actually quite uncouth and have 'been a bit tasty in our day'

But ne quid dicis innit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here