Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If Bielsa goes then their fixation with Ben White will soon evaporate. They’ll have very little time in finding a replacement.
Bielsa hasn’t signed a new contract yet. Apparently he rents a modest apartment near the Leeds United training ground, so there are no ties to keep him.
At 65 will he want the stress of a season or two in the Premier League or will he favour Barcelona, before he retires back to Argentina?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If that muppet was correct then he is immediately ruling out a swoop for Ben White. I don't think he's thought that one through.

Probably thinks we're trying to buy him off them.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
Is it because Leeds fans are stunningly stupid?

I have just read more than 60 pages about the iniquities of we poor stupid saps who support Leeds and would like the right to reply, if I may?

You can't judge an entire fan base on a few internet blowhards. Most of whom sound as though they are at school. This is the internet, it means nothing.

Leeds fans know that Ben White is a Brighton player, no argument about that, we might put in an offer, but I doubt it. Why does it so irritate you that he has done so well with us? You should be pleased?

And whilst you might be annoyed that some Leeds fans don't accord Brighton the respect you feel you deserve once again it isn't everyone. I remember going to the Withdean in the Third Division in 2007, we won a dreadful match through a Kandol goal. The transformation of your club since then has been stunning. A good team, an ambitious, rich owner, a splendid (if small) stadium. A great youth system, as we can see with White.

You don't like Leeds, I get that. Few clubs do. But surely we are a breath of fresh air in the Premier League? An exciting young team, mostly British, costing little and paid a pittance. A world class manager. A fanbase which will proved a ground as passionate and noisy as any in England. In a bland landscape of identikit stadia, overpaid foreign players and bored, spoilt crowds aren't we a throwback to how top flight football used to be.

A proper football club?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
After all this crap from these self entitled, deluded Muppets, next season will be the first where Palace are not my most wished for relegation candidate.

To be honest I don't believe you need to wish for Palace to be a regulation candidate I think it will be a given if they can't find some money and quick, added to which they probably will need a new manager.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If you want an entertaining read have a look at the 'Leeds Live' online site. Today they are quoting Eddie Gray saying that Leeds ' are doing everything they can to keep White'. Elsewhere, they say that Leeds have been put off him by our £40m valuation.
Also, they are a little down in the dumps as Cavani has turned them down in favour of Benfica. They also give a few odds on their transfer targets. White is 7/4. Zaha is 16/1. Now the latter would be a match made in heaven!!
Eddie Gray also talks about how unfair it is to say that it is down to White that Leeds got promotion.
The local 'The Athletic ' journo is quoted as rubbishing the Bielsa to Barcelona link etc.
It's great fun if you want a few minutes away from NSC.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Meanwhile in la la land

b035f4d9c56e35548f7b604467375243.jpg

Wtf is this s*** [emoji1787]

I predict it won’t be long until we hear #bielsaout next season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have just read more than 60 pages about the iniquities of we poor stupid saps who support Leeds and would like the right to reply, if I may?

You can't judge an entire fan base on a few internet blowhards. Most of whom sound as though they are at school. This is the internet, it means nothing.

Leeds fans know that Ben White is a Brighton player, no argument about that, we might put in an offer, but I doubt it. Why does it so irritate you that he has done so well with us? You should be pleased?

And whilst you might be annoyed that some Leeds fans don't accord Brighton the respect you feel you deserve once again it isn't everyone. I remember going to the Withdean in the Third Division in 2007, we won a dreadful match through a Kandol goal. The transformation of your club since then has been stunning. A good team, an ambitious, rich owner, a splendid (if small) stadium. A great youth system, as we can see with White.

You don't like Leeds, I get that. Few clubs do. But surely we are a breath of fresh air in the Premier League? An exciting young team, mostly British, costing little and paid a pittance. A world class manager. A fanbase which will proved a ground as passionate and noisy as any in England. In a bland landscape of identikit stadia, overpaid foreign players and bored, spoilt crowds aren't we a throwback to how top flight football used to be.

A proper football club?

A decent contribution - thanks!

(I'm largely replying because your post has only just appeared as it was stuck in our moderating queue, because I'd not checked for a while - sorry)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

A proper football club?

A good post but one thing you’ve missed, what you say about the Internet is exactly true for this site also. It’s just people spouting nonsense. There is no real bad blood between our clubs, just keyboard warriors.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

A proper football club?

A proper football club? Yes. Flawed at times, but still yes.

Your Twitterati Thickerati internet warriors have given us endless amusement. Blame them, not us! I'm sure you would like to sign White - you apparently wanted a loan to buy deal after all - and I can't blame you for that. It's just the idiots that think he's yours already, or will inevitably be yours because ............ well, because you are Leeds United ......... that have generated all this internet flummery.
He's helped you; you've helped him. That's why we loaned him to you - it's worked out very well for us;thanks to you and Bielsa for a job well done.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...

A proper football club?
Good post and thanks for the contribution. I like Leeds, they have won me a fair few quid over the past two seasons and its a great city with genuine people.

Im genuinely excited to see what happens with them next year if Bielsa stays. From the outside in, El loco has been a revelation. I still dont think Bamford is premiership class so interested to see what the transfer activity looks like.

More than anything, I am hopeful that they survive and dont over-reach for the sake of all their fans.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I think what you will find is the Brighton internet blowhards are the ones with the problem. Most of us realise this and know Leeds fans are not all like the few idiots who scream loudest on social media. It is the same here: the NSC idiots who scream loudest do not represent us all.

One point: I would not call the Amex small, isn't it only 7 or 8k smaller than Elland road? It is smallER than yours, but not small.

Exactly, strange comment, as though he/she had to get a dig in somewhere, in an otherwise decent post. Elland Road is currently 37,800, which is small by big six club standards. Once Leeds move into an 80,000 stadium befitting their stature then come back and call the Amex small.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

A proper football club?

Decent post. One thing though; you read 60 pages of a NSC thread !!! Go and have a lie down....

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

A proper football club?

Key sentence is in your own post. This is the Internet, it means nothing.

Most Albion fans recognise what you said in your post about your club, and Ben White.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

A proper football club?
Proper football club or not your still going straight back down next season!!

Empty vessels make the most sound

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is no real bad blood between our clubs, just keyboard warriors.

You say that, but you weren't punched in the face by a Leeds fan outside The Old Fish Market pub in Bristol after the dramatic Friday night 3-3 draw in 2011.

Leeds went 2 up, we then went 3-2 ahead before Ross McCormack got a stoppage time equaliser.

Now, it may have been the case that I'd been somewhat mouthy towards the Leeds fans in the pub when we took the lead, and that may have been the reason for the punch, and the one that [MENTION=394]nail-Z[/MENTION] also received.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Exactly, strange comment, as though he/she had to get a dig in somewhere, in an otherwise decent post. Elland Road is currently 37,800, which is small by big six club standards. Once Leeds move into an 80,000 stadium befitting their stature then come back and call the Amex small.

We also went 5 seasons in the Championship with higher average attendances than Leeds (doesn't mean we're a bigger club fan base wise overall, but does say we're not as small as some Leeds fans seem to think)

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

A proper football club?

All fair enough. I do cringe at the rubbish that opposing football fans spout at each other, mainly on twitter. It's mainly kids, or people who act like kids, and it's hopefully not genuinely representative of any of the clubs involved.

I have to admit I've kind of enjoyed Leeds' exile from the big league, just as with Sheff Wed or Villa or any other team with a history of being a big club. It's nothing personal, it's probably how you'd feel if the same thing happened to Liverpool or Man Utd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here