Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
An easy way to drive the price up for signing Ben White would be to keep banging on about how good he is & how much your team is desperate to sign him.. So keep going Leeds.

Ive said it before... There's only a couple of certainties in all of this. Ben White will either be playing for Brighton next season or someone (probably bigger than Leeds) will be paying a LOT of money to take him.

Last year we paid £20-25million for centre back Adam Webster from Bristol City who didnt even make the play offs. Ben White is 3 years younger than him, looks likely a better player, and has just played every game of a league winning season. Starting realistic bids would need to be around £30-35million, but seeing as both our owner and manager have said they dont want to lose him, and he very much part of our plans im sure Tony wouldnt even respond to less than £40million. Its silly money for a player that has yet to play in the Prem but thats just the nature of the market. Every transfer window for the last 4 or 5 years we've had exactly the same talk about Lewis Dunk & every time Tony has told other clubs to **** off..

I'll stick me head out and say nobody will pay that for a player untried at the highest level. It would break the record, which I think is held by us for Webster.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why is them two being friends an issue to Leeds fans?
Because a central plank of their case that he'll hand in a transfer request is that he is best buddies with Kalvin Phillips.

They make out that White was a Billy No Mates Lonesome Pine at Brighton who lived out of suitcase going from loan to loan. Unappreciated and dejected.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sheffield Uniteds fans were great at the Amex, and in the pubs around the station before and after! Big difference to Wednesday. Huddersfield fans very down to earth and knowledgeable from experience, too
Yeah that's mostly been my experience as well.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Because a central plank of their case that he'll hand in a transfer request is that he is best buddies with Kalvin Phillips.

They make out that White was a Billy No Mates Lonesome Pine at Brighton who lived out of suitcase going from loan to loan. Unappreciated and dejected.
They've created a lovely little fantasy world for themselves. Unfortunately for them, reality is about to make a rude interruption to their wet dream.......

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'll stick me head out and say nobody will pay that for a player untried at the highest level. It would break the record, which I think is held by us for Webster.

I'll counter that by giving you Jude Bellingham, aged 17, with far less experience of first team football than White, for £25M.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’ve found Leeds fans misled sense of superiority and entitlement infuriating and baffling but the Marching on Together forum made interesting reading. The Leeds fans on there are actually resigned to losing him.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
An easy way to drive the price up for signing Ben White would be to keep banging on about how good he is & how much your team is desperate to sign him.. So keep going Leeds.

Ive said it before... There's only a couple of certainties in all of this. Ben White will either be playing for Brighton next season or someone (probably bigger than Leeds) will be paying a LOT of money to take him.

Last year we paid £20-25million for centre back Adam Webster from Bristol City who didnt even make the play offs. Ben White is 3 years younger than him, looks likely a better player, and has just played every game of a league winning season. Starting realistic bids would need to be around £30-35million, but seeing as both our owner and manager have said they dont want to lose him, and he very much part of our plans im sure Tony wouldnt even respond to less than £40million. Its silly money for a player that has yet to play in the Prem but thats just the nature of the market. Every transfer window for the last 4 or 5 years we've had exactly the same talk about Lewis Dunk & every time Tony has told other clubs to **** off..

Obviously I'd love to keep him, but it would be very entertaining to see the meltdown from Leeds fans if a bigger club swooped in and paid big money for him

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Obviously I'd love to keep him, but it would be very entertaining to see the meltdown from Leeds fans if a bigger club swooped in and paid big money for him
No it wouldn't - it would just reinforce their belief that they were right and he's far too good for little tinpot Brighton. Next to them getting him for themselves, it would be the next best outcome.

Nothing short of getting tonked 5-0 at both the the Amex and Elland Road would even begin to shake their belief in their own rightness!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
B61217D6-AF8E-4BD2-BA2B-2A337DB1E6D5.png

:laugh:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No it wouldn't - it would just reinforce their belief that they were right and he's far too good for little tinpot Brighton. Next to them getting him for themselves, it would be the next best outcome.

Nothing short of getting tonked 5-0 at both the the Amex and Elland Road would even begin to shake their belief in their own rightness!

Yeah, but it would also show that he's also too good for Leeds and that there are teams much bigger than them, believe it or not.

Not like to happen anyway!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just had a look at the Marching on together website (can't get on to the precious Waccoe site ("can't even look unless you register" .. :facepalm: ................ tinpot)) and there's a lot of reasonable, intelligent Leeds fans on there (with one or two dishonourable exceptions!)
They'd like to keep White (and fair enough) but realise it's not likely. I wonder if the WACCOE lot realise they're supporting the same team?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I have genuinely been astounded by the arrogance, narcissism even, of Leeds fans. The club, the team and the manager certainly deserve credit for winning the Championship, but they are the most self aggrandising and deluded football fans I have ever seen.

I know they have a bit of a reputation for it, but the level of ego they have is crazy. The are likely going to be a) disappointed, and b) hated by everyone next season.

Zero class.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I have genuinely been astounded by the arrogance, narcissism even, of Leeds fans. The club, the team and the manager certainly deserve credit for winning the Championship, but they are the most self aggrandising and deluded football fans I have ever seen.

I know they have a bit of a reputation for it, but the level of ego they have is crazy. The are likely going to be a) disappointed, and b) hated by everyone next season.

Zero class.

Its funny, I've generally had no issue with Leeds fans when we've played them. They definitely have a big chav element, but not had any issues when I've seen us play them, home or away. But on social media, I don't think I've seen anything quite like it in terms of arrogance and egotism, especially considering they've been out of the top division for 16 (sixteen) years

Starting to see why no-one likes them

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Only just went on Waccoe and oh my god have they got a complex.

Great reading if anyone is bored, first few posts about how good he is (prior to signing on loan), last few pages all about how good they made him and how we have no idea about our youth players and only MB has made him that good.

The video of his Newport loan shows how good he was then, Leeds continued his development for sure but they seem to believe they unearthed and moulded this great player in a one year loan.

Not to mention the disrespect shown to Brighton from a few of their fans.

I’ll enjoy next year even more now if they struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

For years we lost decent players to bigger clubs, now it's nice that we are in the driving seat.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

I think it disrespectful to refer to The Champions of Europe by anything other than this correct title.

Could you not do that rightful The Complete And Utter Shyster thingy every time someone calls them 'Leeds' ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here