Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've made the mistake of engaging with a couple of them and whilst some are decent and willing to have a chat, some are literal idiots. They will absolutely not countenance the fact the loans are a key part of our clubs approach to development. Whenever I (or anyone else) brings it up, you just get "Yeah mate, you keep telling yourself that" or "Whatever, as if you know anything about Ben White". It's the impenetrable belief that they know more about our club's development pathways the Brighton fans do. It'd actually be a bit embarrassing if any of them had a single drop of self-awareness.

I did enjoy that White has already started referring to Leeds as "they" rather than "we". It's almost, almost as if he knew that the loan was all planned and part of his developmental progression... Who knew eh?

It's great. :lolol:

Apparently the fact that he's gone on a jolly with a few Leeds lads means he's definitely signing for them.

The best one I saw today was "Look, there aren't any Brighton players there, as if he's going back to them!".

Now, I know it might take more than a couple of brain cells, but there are some rather obvious reasons why that might be. None of them being that Ben White doesn't want to play for Brighton. It's truly Olympic levels of straw clutching, conjecture and just plain old "being thick as mince".

Keep it up Leeds fans!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Not according to their board. He's all Leeds now, doesn't want to come back and will simply hand in a transfer request which we'll have no choice but to agree to. No way he's going back to Brighton after seeing what Leeds are like......etc. :D

I remember Wednesday fans saying that about Lewis Dunk after the play off games. They stated he has had his head turned by the atmosphere and would surely sign for them.

Must be something in the water up there or all people from Yorkshire have massive (get it??) inferiority complexes!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's great. :lolol:

Apparently the fact that he's gone on a jolly with a few Leeds lads means he's definitely signing for them.

The best one I saw today was "Look, there aren't any Brighton players there, as if he's going back to them!".

Now, I know it might take more than a couple of brain cells, but there are some rather obvious reasons why that might be. None of them being that Ben White doesn't want to play for Brighton. It's truly Olympic levels of straw clutching, conjecture and just plain old "being thick as mince".

Keep it up Leeds fans!

Yeah - Aaron Connolly still having a game to play on Sunday, does rather scupper his chances of going off on holiday this week.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
An easy way to drive the price up for signing Ben White would be to keep banging on about how good he is & how much your team is desperate to sign him.. So keep going Leeds.

Ive said it before... There's only a couple of certainties in all of this. Ben White will either be playing for Brighton next season or someone (probably bigger than Leeds) will be paying a LOT of money to take him.

Last year we paid £20-25million for centre back Adam Webster from Bristol City who didnt even make the play offs. Ben White is 3 years younger than him, looks likely a better player, and has just played every game of a league winning season. Starting realistic bids would need to be around £30-35million, but seeing as both our owner and manager have said they dont want to lose him, and he very much part of our plans im sure Tony wouldnt even respond to less than £40million. Its silly money for a player that has yet to play in the Prem but thats just the nature of the market. Every transfer window for the last 4 or 5 years we've had exactly the same talk about Lewis Dunk & every time Tony has told other clubs to **** off..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only downside, I can see, to this jolly jape is we seem to be taking our eye off

paLLLLLLLace.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Been a bit quiet from them on here recently.

To be fair, I think they are probably busy splitting their time between going to gaze in awe at the new stand at Selhurst and the building work that's definitely started on the new academy.

Must be exciting times to be a Palace fan, in spite of the car crash end to the season they've endured

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Been a bit quiet from them on here recently.

They'll shouting about Europe when they sign LLLLLLLaLLLLLLLLLLLLLLana on £120k a week only for him to limp off by the end of September.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I remember Wednesday fans saying that about Lewis Dunk after the play off games. They stated he has had his head turned by the atmosphere and would surely sign for them.

Must be something in the water up there or all people from Yorkshire have massive (get it??) inferiority complexes!

Mostly just the Wednesday :lolol: and Leeds fans tbh. Hudds, Barnsley, Sheff U, Rotherham etc are usually alright.

Those two are the entitled ones who can't comprehend #teamslikebrighton being so far ahead of them on every level. But as usual there are plenty of decent Leeds / Wedslol fans, it's just that they don't generally post stuff on the internet.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
That`s not nonsense.
I know Leeds are a bigger club than us but can you honestly see Tony Bloom selling him to a team that we`ll probably be competing with to stay up.

I have no entitlement whatsoever have followed this club since 1977 so have experienced the many lows that come from supporting this club.

I was referring to their sense of entitlement!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Apparently, mentioning that Ben White is mates with Aaron Connolly warrants a ban from Waccoe. Not too tolerant of outsiders on there.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Mostly just the Wednesday :lolol: and Leeds fans tbh. Hudds, Barnsley, Sheff U, Rotherham etc are usually alright.

Those two are the entitled ones who can't comprehend #teamslikebrighton being so far ahead of them on every level. But as usual there are plenty of decent Leeds / Wedslol fans, it's just that they don't generally post stuff on the internet.

Sheffield Uniteds fans were great at the Amex, and in the pubs around the station before and after! Big difference to Wednesday. Huddersfield fans very down to earth and knowledgeable from experience, too

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
They seem to think that he's certain to want to stay there as he's such good friends with the Leeds players and doesn't know anyone in the Brighton squad. Desperate straw-clutching, basically.

Give it a week then post the picture of B W and A C in holiday together, with the headline. Team mates enjoying holiday together, before returning to training.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here