Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
They're still claiming that he doesn't know anybody at Brighton. Someone pointed out that he was on holiday with Connolly last summer and they seem a bit upset. Such sensitive souls.

Screenshot 2020-07-24 at 1.07.07 PM.png

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The thing that tickles me about all this is the claims that (a) he was nothing until he met Bielsa and (b) we thought so little of him that we loaned him out to The Leeds United.

Firstly, they demean their own club by that statement, and secondly, au contraire, he was lent to Championship promotion contenders because he WAS thought to be good enough. The ones who aren't going to make it by the time they reach 21-22 get loaned out to Havant & Waterlooville and Ebbsfleet and Worthing. Not The Leeds United, Champions of Europe.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The thing that tickles me about all this is the claims that (a) he was nothing until he met Bielsa and (b) we thought so little of him that we loaned him out to The Leeds United.

Firstly, they demean their own club by that statement, and secondly, au contraire, he was lent to Championship promotion contenders because he WAS thought to be good enough. The ones who aren't going to make it by the time they reach 21-22 get loaned out to Havant & Waterlooville and Ebbsfleet and Worthing. Not The Leeds United, Champions of Europe.

Now they are clinging onto a tweet that purports to the GF's father who has said because he's under 24 he can get the FA to cancel his contract if he's had an offer elsewhere. Wrong on both counts as one, he can't cancel unless there's been a contract breach and two, any offer from another club would be tapping up and not allowed.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Now they are clinging onto a tweet that purports to the GF's father who has said because he's under 24 he can get the FA to cancel his contract if he's had an offer elsewhere. Wrong on both counts as one, he can't cancel unless there's been a contract breach and two, any offer from another club would be tapping up and not allowed.
Lol.

They believe anything don't they ?

Are they still banging on about getting him loaned from Liverpool after he signs at Anfield ?

That's something else which is now against the rules.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lol.

They believe anything don't they ?

Are they still banging on about getting him loaned from Liverpool after he signs at Anfield ?

That's something else which is now against the rules.

Doing a little research it does appear to be her dad, if that's the case Ben might need to be advised that he may have to have a word. Don't believe Brighton would be too happy

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
The five stages of being a Leeds fan:

Denial- “White will play for Leeds in the EPL, we cant give him back to Brighton surely?”

Anger- “Brighton can f**k off, we’re bigger than them and we deserve White more than them. They’re a pathetic little seaside town that don’t deserve a place in the EPL.”

Bargaining- “White loves it up north in gods own country, he’s best mates with the fans and Bielsa has made him who he is today. He must surely accept that over Brighton, who have done nothing for him?”

Depression- “I don’t think we can afford the £30m asking price...Brighton are never going to sell him.”

Acceptance- “It’s bloody typical that Ben White of all people scored against us at Elland Road.”

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Doing a little research it does appear to be her dad, if that's the case Ben might need to be advised that he may have to have a word. Don't believe Brighton would be too happy

As a fit young man on the brink of a PL career worth millions, he should have no trouble replacing a WAG should it prove necessary!

Lucky young beggar!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Acceptance- “It’s bloody typical that Ben White of all people scored against us at Elland Road.”

Ben White scores last minute winner at Elland Road, and whips off shirt running towards Albion fans celebrating, as that goal confirms relegation for Leeds.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I know quite a few Leeds fans and they are all alright. Have a really good mate who is a massive Leeds supporter and he's one of the most sensible / knowledgeable / realistic fans I know.

But my word, the ones on their forum and on Twitter are to a man/woman the biggest bunch of morons I have ever encountered on the internet. Not one of them gives a jot about facts, just spinning round in their own delusional bubble of bullshit and shouting at anyone who tries to pop it with pesky truth or logic.

They are taking the crown from Palace fans and Trump supporters, which I never thought I'd say.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I know quite a few Leeds fans and they are all alright. Have a really good mate who is a massive Leeds supporter and he's one of the most sensible / knowledgeable / realistic fans I know.

But my word, the ones on their forum and on Twitter are to a man/woman the biggest bunch of morons I have ever encountered on the internet. Not one of them gives a jot about facts, just spinning round in their own delusional bubble of bullshit and shouting at anyone who tries to pop it with pesky truth or logic.

They are taking the crown from Palace fans and Trump supporters, which I never thought I'd say.

Worse than the levers on the Brexit thread [emoji23]

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Nonsense, Albion fans are deluded. How difficult is it to understand. If Leeds are prepared to meet our asking price and he's happy with personal terms he will go. It's simply down to money and he's not magically ring fenced. The statements from Potter about White are all part of the game of brinkmanship.

It seems that lots of our fans are just letting our dislike of Leeds and their ' we're a huge club' and skewed sense of entitlement rubbish cloud logical thinking.

We're just not going to sell a player to a relegation rival particularly one who is key to their success. Of course for the right price he'll go but not to a relegation rival.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Nonsense, Albion fans are deluded. How difficult is it to understand. If Leeds are prepared to meet our asking price and he's happy with personal terms he will go. It's simply down to money and he's not magically ring fenced. The statements from Potter about White are all part of the game of brinkmanship.

It seems that lots of our fans are just letting our dislike of Leeds and their ' we're a huge club' and skewed sense of entitlement rubbish cloud logical thinking.

No, your logic isn’t sound here. Answer these questions:

There’s a few of you here with this viewpoint and I still don’t understand it.

A shrewd move? It’d be the opposite.

1) why do you think we need the money? Are we leaving the Premier League?

2) why accept £30m when his value could potentially double? (Given interest from so many clubs and even being hinted as a call up by Southgate)

3) why on EARTH would we want to strengthen a relegation rival?

4) what’s the point spending years developing your own talent but to sell before you even play them?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham

That`s not nonsense.
I know Leeds are a bigger club than us but can you honestly see Tony Bloom selling him to a team that we`ll probably be competing with to stay up.

I have no entitlement whatsoever have followed this club since 1977 so have experienced the many lows that come from supporting this club.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
We're just not going to sell a player to a relegation rival particularly one who is key to their success. Of course for the right price he'll go but not to a relegation rival.

So hypothetical question. And it clearly is hypothetical since Leeds won't pay it in normal circumstances. But if Leeds suddenly came into some silly money via a new investor and they accepted our asking price of £40 million , are you saying that our basis for not selling would simply be because they are a potential relegation rival? We would snap their hands off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here