Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's a combination of the hugely entitled, the over-sensitive and the utterly deluded. None seem capable of rationale discussion (or at least not willing to try) - posting on there is the virtual equivalent of walking into a Leeds pub in an Albion shirt.

Why are they so paranoid about their WACCOE site? Other clubs fans' websites are generally open for visitors to browse - you have to register and log in to post on them, which is fair enough; absolutely reasonable. But Leeds United? Oh dear, no, no, no .................... You have to register to even view thrir precious site. Bless.

I believe that can be classified as tinpot.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You are missing an important point: that IF we made him available for sale, then a bigger club would outbid them.

There's no guarantee they would. A big club might be interested, but I doubt many of them see him as a key signing they must make to strengthen their team now. He would be 'one for the future', and they might not be willing to go as high as a Leeds teams who see him as an important signing they really want to make.

And wouldn't it also depend on process? I mean if Leeds and Brighton come to terms on a transfer, then Liverpool come in with a higher bid, aren't we then in a position where we have to wait and see what Ben decides? Isn't that the position we were in with a player from Tottenham a few years back when someone else came in and met their price and convinced the player to join them?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Why are they so paranoid about their WACCOE site? Other clubs fans' websites are generally open for visitors to browse - you have to register and log in to post on them, which is fair enough; absolutely reasonable. But Leeds United? Oh dear, no, no, no .................... You have to register to even view thrir precious site. Bless.

I believe that can be classified as tinpot.
because of past legal issues

you're a decent lot here, that is few and far between at clubs of all levels.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
I don't get it, Why can't they just enjoy their promotion & wait & see what happens in the next few weeks?.

This constant waffle of being a huge club & talking down their noses at the likes of us, Saints & Burnley etc is hilarious!
They haven't even kicked a ball yet & proclaim to be the 'second coming' of Premier League sides. The sense of entitlement is unbelievable.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Got tempted by the comments on this thread and registered on their forum for a look.

Blimey.

I mean every club, and every forum has its dicks, obviously. But making Millwall look like the epitome of class is quite a feat.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Nonsense. We all know that every player has his price. However, we are in a position where we can decide what that price would be, and the general expectation is that Leeds won't be able to afford him.
The general opinion among Leeds fans seems to be that the club should break its transfer record and get him for £20M. That won't happen!

Little Leeds - they can't even afford more than our transfer record:D

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Nonsense, Albion fans are deluded. How difficult is it to understand. If Leeds are prepared to meet our asking price and he's happy with personal terms he will go. It's simply down to money and he's not magically ring fenced. The statements from Potter about White are all part of the game of brinkmanship.

It seems that lots of our fans are just letting our dislike of Leeds and their ' we're a huge club' and skewed sense of entitlement rubbish cloud logical thinking.
:ffsparr:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You are missing an important point: that IF we made him available for sale, then a bigger club would outbid them.

Quite possibly and equally we would have no qualms about selling him to one of the big boys. However, I was deliberately restricting my views to the blinkered view that we would never sell to Leeds. One of the big boys might have the cash but might question whether one great season in the championship is enough to justify the outlay. And many of those clubs and their fans bizarrely always seem to crave some Johnny foreigner. The obvious example being why no earth did arsenal not sign Dunk maybe two seasons ago ?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I'll suggest they do a 'Huddersfield' - start off really well and after the first 6 or so games, people will be talking of a European push.

Then the losses will start.

Didn't Norwich start out rather well this season? I seem to remember watching Pukki very enviously.

Norwich are obviously a bigger team than Leeds and they stll couldn't keep it going with (mainly) players that had torn up the championship.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Quite possibly and equally we would have no qualms about selling him to one of the big boys. However, I was deliberately restricting my views to the blinkered view that we would never sell to Leeds.

I don't think there are many who think this. The prevalent view (one that I hold) is that Leeds wouldn't meet our asking price. I reckon we'd want want £40m to sell to Leeds and I'm not sure many at Elland Rd would swallow this

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Must admit I tweaked the tail of Leeds fans on the Mail Online website under my alter ego. If you refer to Albion as a big club and Leeds as little Leeds, they don't seem to see it the same way!

Just remind them, they’re really a feeder club for Manchester United. Smith , Ferdinand, Cantona, McQueen, Jordan.
If we want to sell White to Manu, we could do it ourselves, not let Leeds act as the middle man.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
If we want to sell White to Manu, we could do it ourselves, not let Leeds act as the middle man.

"Errr, what...?"

Elvis-Manu.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Amusing so many think Bielsa "made" (or even "discovered") Ben White.

Ben won plaudits from his first Leeds friendly onwards, and even won Championship Player of the month for August.

He only joined on July 1.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Amusing so many think Bielsa "made" (or even "discovered") Ben White.

Ben won plaudits from his first Leeds friendly onwards, and even won Championship Player of the month for August.

He only joined on July 1.

He is the best coach in the world... Surely you know that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here