Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Seriously? What was your crime? Suggesting Ben White might not be as good as Ferdinand?

nah, banned long before ben white. way back in the the time of ridsdale when i was many years younger i and a few others were on to him and his insane ways and called him out,�� the rest of the fans didn't appreciate that, told us we were wrong and hold grudges, the lad who set up/ran waccoe for many years (don't think he still does) took great offense, i invested in leeds post ridsdale pre gfh/-15 points and actually shared a lot on here (and a couple other places) about voting for administration/deals, what the actual situation was and blew the waccoe cover story for bates/gfh out the water, got banned. all years ago now and water under the bridge, nothing to be gained on that site though.

when bates dies and the full truth comes out there will be a lot of humble pie needing eating over there.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was actually grateful to Man City when they loaned us Wayne Bridge. I know we were paying (part of) his wages but they could have loaned him to someone else.

Fast forward a few seasons and it seems that the loan of Ben White was a major factor in Leeds returning to the top table afrer 16 years. Are they grateful? are they #### !. Just slag off the team that helped them. Some might say Leeds developed him but who's to say that he wouldn't have done well at Fulham, West Brom or Brentford?

Personally, I hope we never lend them another player.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Bielsa has more than helped him and I bet White would say exactly the same.
We all know Bielsa has helped him, but that's why we let Leeds have him for a season. To do just that and it worked out well for all parties. But don't forget he walked straight in to the Leeds team from Brighton's Development squad barely before Bielsa had learnt the English for Ben!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ha. Me too, and I've been massively reasonable and polite throughout.

They really don't welcome discussion.

Must admit I tweaked the tail of Leeds fans on the Mail Online website under my alter ego. If you refer to Albion as a big club and Leeds as little Leeds, they don't seem to see it the same way!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I was actually grateful to Man City when they loaned us Wayne Bridge. I know we were paying (part of) his wages but they could have loaned him to someone else.

Fast forward a few seasons and it seems that the loan of Ben White was a major factor in Leeds returning to the top table afrer 16 years. Are they grateful? are they #### !. Just slag off the team that helped them. Some might say Leeds developed him but who's to say that he wouldn't have done well at Fulham, West Brom or Brentford?

Personally, I hope we never lend them another player.

It won't have gone unnoticed by Barber and Bloom.

I doubt we'll be loaning them any other player anytime soon.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wow. Just went on WACCOE for a nose - it's proper bizarre, innit?

Why are they all so angry and upset? They've finally got back to the Prem, this should be happy fun times.

#teamslikebrighton eh? :lol:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
and that we wouldn`t sell to a club that we would be in direct competition.

but we sure as hell won`t sell him to Leeds.

Nonsense, Albion fans are deluded. How difficult is it to understand. If Leeds are prepared to meet our asking price and he's happy with personal terms he will go. It's simply down to money and he's not magically ring fenced. The statements from Potter about White are all part of the game of brinkmanship.

It seems that lots of our fans are just letting our dislike of Leeds and their ' we're a huge club' and skewed sense of entitlement rubbish cloud logical thinking.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I don’t think you should confuse Leeds fans with Leeds owners, who have been fairly adult and professional about Ben White’s loan. And why shouldn’t they? Not only has he been a major part of their promotion, but we extended it beyond the original end of June date without any question.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nonsense, Albion fans are deluded. How difficult is it to understand. If Leeds are prepared to meet our asking price and he's happy with personal terms he will go. It's simply down to money and he's not magically ring fenced. The statements from Potter about White are all part of the game of brinkmanship.

It seems that lots of our fans are just letting our dislike of Leeds and their ' we're a huge club' and skewed sense of entitlement rubbish cloud logical thinking.

You are missing an important point: that IF we made him available for sale, then a bigger club would outbid them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wow. Just went on WACCOE for a nose - it's proper bizarre, innit?

Why are they all so angry and upset? They've finally got back to the Prem, this should be happy fun times.

#teamslikebrighton eh? :lol:

It's a combination of the hugely entitled, the over-sensitive and the utterly deluded. None seem capable of rationale discussion (or at least not willing to try) - posting on there is the virtual equivalent of walking into a Leeds pub in an Albion shirt.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Leave him at Leeds on loan until January to see if he can cut it in the Premier League

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That is irrelevant. Have you not heard? THE Leeds are BACK. There is no chance that they will ever finish outside of the top half of the Premier League ever again, and will never in the future be in the position of needing to borrow a player from a tinpot little club like ours.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Nonsense. We all know that every player has his price. However, we are in a position where we can decide what that price would be, and the general expectation is that Leeds won't be able to afford him.
The general opinion among Leeds fans seems to be that the club should break its transfer record and get him for £20M. That won't happen!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
A lot of teams will have fun beating Leeds next season. I'm not sure they'll cope with being beaten by Burnley, Leicester, Wolves etc. And us, of course.

I am convinced their fans are set for a very rude awakening. They’re very disrespectful and writing off a lot of so called “smaller” teams.

Whereas these teams have been in the Prem a while and have streetwise players and savvy managers (eg, Burnley, Saints, us). They think their Leeds team will go to these clubs and beat them 3-0. Laughable.

I’m willing to predict Leeds will be languishing in the bottom 3 most of the season. And after the way their fans have carried on, I’m going to absolutely relish it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am convinced their fans are set for a very rude awakening. They’re very disrespectful and writing off a lot of so called “smaller” teams.

Whereas these teams have been in the Prem a while and have streetwise players and savvy managers (eg, Burnley, Saints, us). They think their Leeds team will go to these clubs and beat them 3-0. Laughable.

I’m willing to predict Leeds will be languishing in the bottom 3 most of the season. And after the way their fans have carried on, I’m going to absolutely relish it.
I'm sure they aren't in for a rude awakening.

Their abject failure will be down to VAR, biased, teams intimidated by Leeds, a conspiracy to keep Leeds from the top spot.

The one thing it won't be, most definitely won't be, is down to Leeds being shitehouse.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This in spades. Browsed their forum a bit yesterday - there's a large cohort of fans that seem to think they are going to simply swan back into the PL (where they BELONG, obviously) and take it by storm - essentially with their championship squad (plus the loanee they are 'definitely' going to buy as 'he's Leeds through and through now' and 'won't go back to tinpot Brighton after experiencing the mighty Leeds' etc). They genuinely have no idea what the step-up is going to be like (or are too arrogant to even think about it). I predict a rude awakening after their first few games - a proper schooling from Liverpool or City, and losses to some of the 'tinpot' clubs they seem to think are no match for them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

It's EXACTLY how Norwich fans were talking this time last season. Love it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I'll suggest they do a 'Huddersfield' - start off really well and after the first 6 or so games, people will be talking of a European push.

Then the losses will start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here