Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Reading just the first page of that thread and notice that Big Gully was typically negative about the academy, and in this case their decision to give White senior experience. Always wondered what was behind it, but he seemed to have a real axe to grind about the academy from day 1.

I think that poster was generally very negative from recollection.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Reading just the first page of that thread and notice that Big Gully was typically negative about the academy, and in this case their decision to give White senior experience. Always wondered what was behind it, but he seemed to have a real axe to grind about the academy from day 1.

Ha! I happen to know who that poster is. He has had a couple of links to the club over the years.

I respect his opinion (as he's been far closer to the coalface than me) but I did disagree with a lot of what he posted!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't you need to sign up to see it?

Yes....I was bored so I did and posted a couple of things (along with a couple of others). They are a right bunch of ******s, and the delusion is very real......

Honestly - total belief that they belong in the PL and are instantly much bigger than everyone else.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
ben1.png

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes....I was bored so I did and posted a couple of things (along with a couple of others). They are a right bunch of ******s, and the delusion is very real......

Honestly - total belief that they belong in the PL and are instantly much bigger than everyone else.

To be fair you post on quite a few football boards. Nothing to to with you being bored. But you are right about the Leeds one. I wouldn't say anything slightly controversial otherwise you will be banned straight away. The mods don't mess about.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
A few snippets from the Leeds forum

"Hes a fantastic player already with the potential to get even better and I would love us to get him here permanently but at probably 30 million It would take up a sizeable chunk of the transfer kitty and whilst I think he would be good, he is unproven at top level.

"Will be interesting. Not sure how long is left on his contract but if he hands in a transfer request then it really forces the matter, especially if Brighton cannot offer him guaranteed first team football. He could hand in a transfer request and basically say he only wants to sign for.

The ball is in his court no matter what Brighton say as unless they offer him first team football it would be a lose-lose situation as he would go down in value by not playing, would see his contract length shortening and White would be unhappy too.

So Brighton realistically have to offer him first team football if they want to keep him. If not then yes he could go anywhere but would he want to go to a Man City or Liverpool who probably wouldn't give him first team football. The other options are teams who could offer him starting football but they would be clubs that weren't bigger than Leeds so would it appeal to him to go them instead of Leeds where he has progressed and knows the manager and team etc."

Interesting points. One fan mentions that he is unproven at this level, which is a fair point.

The last 3 comments seem to suggest that if he turned out, not to be up to it, Leeds United would still guarantee him first team football. OhKaaaay chaps don't think we have to worry about this lot (Unless Bielsa thinks differently of course?)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Batesy has done the maths and figured it all out

[tweet]https://twitter.com/batesyv3/status/1286388268666441728[/tweet]

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Oh yes we did!

That’s something that’s really been winding me up, why do they assume we didn’t know who he was, is it just because it suits their narrative? We’ve all known who he is for a longboard time, we’ve all been following his progress and I know I was excited when he joined Leeds as it’s a great step in his development. It’s just a shame that the majority of Leeds fans are being utter dicks about the situation. You just have to look at how the Millwall fans have been behaving towards Jayson Molumby, they really make the Leeds fans come across as douche bags.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
That’s something that’s really been winding me up, why do they assume we didn’t know who he was, is it just because it suits their narrative? We’ve all known who he is for a longboard time, we’ve all been following his progress and I know I was excited when he joined Leeds as it’s a great step in his development. It’s just a shame that the majority of Leeds fans are being utter dicks about the situation. You just have to look at how the Millwall fans have been behaving towards Jayson Molumby, they really make the Leeds fans come across as douche bags.
Exactly, they don’t have a clue that he’s been here over 6 years so the albion is very much his home with loads of team mates and friendships he’s built over years (like his friendship with Arron Connolly) his
12 month spell at Leeds was just a part of his development. He’s been on loan twice before, he knows the score and he’ll be home in Sussex this week looking forward to finally breaking into the first team in the Premier League - a permanent move to Leeds isn’t, and was never ever on the agenda

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be fair you post on quite a few football boards. Nothing to to with you being bored. But you are right about the Leeds one. I wouldn't say anything slightly controversial otherwise you will be banned straight away. The mods don't mess about.

This one plus Leeds......don’t think I’ve posted on any others ? Certainly not recently.......

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Interesting points. One fan mentions that he is unproven at this level, which is a fair point.

The last 3 comments seem to suggest that if he turned out, not to be up to it, Leeds United would still guarantee him first team football. OhKaaaay chaps don't think we have to worry about this lot (Unless Bielsa thinks differently of course?)

Webster was unproven at this level, and arguably White has had a better season in the championship than Webster did before coming here. Player of year for the league winners, says the transitional gap for White may be even smaller than it was was for Webster?

Anyway whilst reading numerous articles on the Hughton to Brizzle story, I was reading one in that rag the Daily Mail and in the other stories to the side was this..... (great if true)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8553429/Brighton-boss-Graham-Potter-rules-selling-Ben-White-Leeds-impressive-loan-spell.html

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Webster was unproven at this level, and arguably White has had a better season in the championship than Webster did before coming here. Player of year for the league winners, says the transitional gap for White may be even smaller than it was was for Webster?

Anyway whilst reading numerous articles on the Hughton to Brizzle story, I was reading one in that rag the Daily Mail and in the other stories to the side was this..... (great if true)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8553429/Brighton-boss-Graham-Potter-rules-selling-Ben-White-Leeds-impressive-loan-spell.html

My point was more about the guaranteed starting place. I am sure White will be a success at this level.

Like the link though. :thumbsup:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

"The club are interested in singing him permanently from Brighton next term"

Nice to see that The Mail is using NSC 'singing' terminology.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Getting tedious now hearing every Leeds fan in existence claiming that Ben White "is going to hand in a transfer request".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here