Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The absolute 100% positive with all this furore around White and Leeds posturing is it makes me 100% confident Tony won’t sell him to them. It would make us appear pretty tinpot and weak in the market whereas as we all know this club is anything but now.

Every player (yes, every player) has a price. I'm sure we don't want to sell him, and I hope we don't, but £50-60M+ with massive add-ons and a 50% sell on clause ............. would we be tempted?

A few snippets from the Leeds forum

"My player of the season, and would be the first on my list of players to come in permanently. Brighton may be asking silly money, but if we could get him for circa £20 million then I would snap their hands off. He is going to go right to the top. Hopefully, when Radz says we are going to break our record transfer fee, then it is on this guy."

See above: £20M doesn't even get your offer past TB's receptionist!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A few snippets from the Leeds forum

"My player of the season, and would be the first on my list of players to come in permanently. Brighton may be asking silly money, but if we could get him for circa £20 million then I would snap their hands off. He is going to go right to the top. Hopefully, when Radz says we are going to break our record transfer fee, then it is on this guy."

"Has been tremendous for us this season, to the point that all those crying about us letting Pontus go had to admit that Ben was an upgrade. Would love him to stay, and I think he'd fancy it, but unless Brighton will sell for £20m or less, than I fear it's a non-runner"

"Hes a fantastic player already with the potential to get even better and I would love us to get him here permanently but at probably 30 million It would take up a sizeable chunk of the transfer kitty and whilst I think he would be good, he is unproven at top level. Brighton and their fans do annoy me constantly reminding us he is their player - there fans didn't even know who he was and they have done naff all for him in terms of development but are happy to reap the rewards - that's football though."

"Will be interesting. Not sure how long is left on his contract but if he hands in a transfer request then it really forces the matter, especially if Brighton cannot offer him guaranteed first team football. He could hand in a transfer request and basically say he only wants to sign for.

The ball is in his court no matter what Brighton say as unless they offer him first team football it would be a lose-lose situation as he would go down in value by not playing, would see his contract length shortening and White would be unhappy too.

So Brighton realistically have to offer him first team football if they want to keep him. If not then yes he could go anywhere but would he want to go to a Man City or Liverpool who probably wouldn't give him first team football. The other options are teams who could offer him starting football but they would be clubs that weren't bigger than Leeds so would it appeal to him to go them instead of Leeds where he has progressed and knows the manager and team etc."
Oh yes we did!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Huddersfield have just announced their new manager. I’m 99% certain he was the one who acts as Bielsa’s translator in interviews, which strikes very highly that Bielsa is not signing a new contract. Been talk of him missing home and family for a long while.

Surely the best coach in the world should be at the biggest club in the world... he will never leave Leeds

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One thing that all the Leeds fans have missed is not just what we've done for BW but how good the club is at turning out centre backs. It could be argued that we're one of the best in the country, if not the best for centre back development.

Just look who we've produced in the last 20 years: Virgo (went for big money), Hinshelwood (England U21 international, career cut short by injury), Lynch (Welsh international, 300 league appearances), Cook, (umpteen PL appearances, club captain), Elphick (ditto), El Abd (nearly 500 league appearances, Egypt international), Dunk (club captain, England international) and then White and Roberts (England U17 and U18 international).

Throw in Grant Hall who went to Tottenham who couldn't develop his career and that's some record that Brighton have.

If there's one thing the club knows really well, it's CB development. Now, if we could only produce a striker ...

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
One thing that all the Leeds fans have missed is not just what we've done for BW but how good the club is at turning out centre backs. It could be argued that we're one of the best in the country, if not the best for centre back development.

Just look who we've produced in the last 20 years: Virgo (went for big money), Hinshelwood (England U21 international, career cut short by injury), Lynch (Welsh international, 300 league appearances), Cook, (umpteen PL appearances, club captain), Elphick (ditto), El Abd (nearly 500 league appearances, Egypt international), Dunk (club captain, England international) and then White and Roberts (England U17 and U18 international).

Throw in Grant Hall who went to Tottenham who couldn't develop his career and that's some record that Brighton have.

If there's one thing the club knows really well, it's CB development. Now, if we could only produce a striker ...

Add to that Connor Goldson who was very good, and we were very close to getting VVD for about 3.75mill. Who ever Scouts centre backs is sh1t hot. What a dream it would be if we could find a scout that was as good at finding strikers!

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Add to that Connor Goldson who was very good, and we were very close to getting VVD for about 3.75mill. Who ever Scouts centre backs is sh1t hot. What a dream it would be if we could find a scout that was as good at finding strikers!

If our scouts and Arsenal's joined forces, that team would be unstoppable.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Leo Ostigaard is another that’s looking a tidy prospect.

Strikers are overrated. Look what happened to Liverpool when they sold their best attacking player and bough VVD for about half the price. Going back a bit further, Everton’s last title was the season they sold Lineker to Barca and bought Dave Watson!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
3 years ago Michael Flynn (then Newport manager) said Ben White would be a Premier League regular and play for England.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/s...of-praise-for-brighton-hove-albion-loan-star/

Maybe Leeds did not discover Ben White after all. Maybe him playing for clubs in the lower divisions for a couple of seasons to gain experience was part of the master plan all along :D

So Newport were key to his development and not Leeds, now that gives a different angle

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There were threads on here from 2016 onwards titled 'Ben White'. Weird how we didn't know about him.

Reading just the first page of that thread and notice that Big Gully was typically negative about the academy, and in this case their decision to give White senior experience. Always wondered what was behind it, but he seemed to have a real axe to grind about the academy from day 1.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here