Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What is this mysterious contract that's "on the table"? Or have they made that up as well? :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
In all of this Ben White saga, I feel that there hasn't been nearly enough trolling of Southampton, who released him to the footballing scrap heap as a 16 year old.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Laugh at Leeds, by all means, but there's a lot wrong in this post.

They've brought through literally DOZENS of academy players in the last few seasons, and have a much better record on that front than we do.

And they played at the Emirates THIS season...

Ok, a cup game so they got lucky once this millennium. As for their academy bringing through DOZENS, well, pukka pies churns out DOZENS of pies...still shit though and can’t hold a candle to PP. And why did they need BW when their production line is so great? Blimey, this is the club that let Cantona go for peanut such is their talent spotting:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
These are all from page 1 of the 'Ben White' thread on WACCOE, started on the first day of the season...

He arrived at Leeds - 01.07.19
First league game - 04.08.19

Quote from the BBC match report - Ben White had never appeared at Championship level or above before an assured Leeds debut at Ashton Gate

Thankfully [MENTION=15101]LS10[/MENTION] passed your 'Pontus Who' question, so that saves you all the paperwork generated by banning someone. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In all of this Ben White saga, I feel that there hasn't been nearly enough trolling of Southampton, who released him to the footballing scrap heap as a 16 year old.

:wave: I like to mention it once in a while.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
As he seems to be reading us, some responses. If TL then DR:

Fresh from the WACCOE forum........seems to have missed the irony of commenting on this thread when posting his own thoughts.............

Ben White would be a different player at Brighton as Bielsa has made him the player he is today and Potter is no Bielsa.

As has already been pointed out, White was player of the season at Newport the season before he joined Leeds. I'm sure that he has improved playing for a very good manager, but you can't make a silk purse.. Or, if Bielsa is such a magician, then just get another half decent young centre half and do the same again. It would save you £20 million. White has learned things from Bielsa, he also learned different things from Chris Hughton, who gave him his professional debut when he was 18 and from Michael Flynn at Newport. He will learn still other things from Graham Potter.

He would just become another premiership lower half, relegation fighting premiership team centre half at Brighton.

That's what he'll be if he joins Leeds.

Brighton are not and never will be considered as a top flight football team that could be challenging for honours or that have a great supporter base. They just exist, as a seaside town football club non entity.

In his criticism of Marx's historical determinism, Sir Karl Popper explained that watching 1000 white swans swim past you, in no way predicts that the next swan cannot be black. Leeds were also-rans until Revie arrived and changed things, like Forest and Clough, Liverpool and Shankly.

You obviously know nothing of Brighton's supporter base. Our supporters did great things beyond most supporter's imagination to ensure that the club continued to exist and be able to rise to our current position. We don't have the history that a lot of the clubs in the industrial north have, but then again, in comparison with the Liverpool and Manchester clubs and over their whole histories, the North East clubs, the Sheffield clubs and the Lancashire mill town ones, neither do Leeds. It's devaluing the experiences of supporters of other teams that get Leeds fans the reputation that they have and I'm sure don't all deserve. It actually takes a lot more personal commitment to stick with a team that has never really succeeded. The fans of Bury for instance are just as great a supporter base as Leeds, their numbers just have not been swollen by the attention that periods of success bring.

Brighton & Hove is a city by the way, but the seaside is lovely, thanks

I'd be extremely surprised if BW stays there after experiencing the Leeds United family. If he doesn't come to Leeds, then another club will come in for him and that could be most clubs in the premiership from Southampton to Burnley, where he would get a better footballing education than at Brighton.

Other clubs have families too. A lot of our ex-players never leave the area and several of them have spoken of their experience at Brighton being special in a way that they have never encountered anywhere else. Players who have been at some top clubs all over Britain and Europe. Your club doing something well in no way suggests that other clubs do not do them well too.

As far as education goes, the sleight you intend just makes you look a little silly. Dan Ashworth recently left the England set up to become technical director at Brighton. His reputation and connections and the promise of playing in a forward looking footballing squad that will give youth a chance have already led to players deciding to turn down contract renewal offers from the likes of Chelsea and Man City to join our club. The academy enjoys some of the best facilities in the country and the player development strategy has recently seen several of our players gaining plaudits whilst on loan throughout the league hierarchy. White's success with you is not a chance happening. Ask Derby about Clarke, Blackburn about Walton, Millwall about Molumby, St Pauli about Gyokeres. The club is second only to Chelsea in the number of loan players representing clubs across multiple European leagues.

I wonder who will be shorter odds in the betting world for winning anything next season, or finishing higher in the league, Brighton or Leeds? I'm not saying that we will win anything by the way, but I know who my money would be on out of the two teams to finish higher in the league and that is even without any major player investment.

And mine would be on us. This may be of use to understand why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xKklLplngs

I actually saw a section of one of their forum threads that someone posted on here entitled 'Deluded Leeds Fans' or something similar. All going on about Ben White and how great he is and that we have no chance of getting him. He'll be a star of the future playing for England. Maybe so, but I guarantee he won't play for England if he stays at Brighton. They just haven't a clue about the footballing world.

Remind me again which of us two has the most recent player to be capped for England?

They do not understand that whether you love Leeds or hate Leeds, we are significantly more recognisable and respected in the football world than they are or ever will be. We are generally discussed on most top clubs forums, are they? How many premier league teams players, ex players and fans have stated, that they would prefer Leeds in the premier league than Brighton and other similar clubs.

Sunderland are also more recognisable and a lot of ex pros would prefer to see them back in the top division than us too. They're not though. We revel in the 'teams-like-Brighton' prejudice, as do most other historically smaller, but currently successful teams. Personally, I'd much rather see Watford or Bournemouth stay up than the likes of Aston Villa. The same clubs continuing to be successful over decades leads to sterility and doesn't share the joy across the whole of the football supporting community. I do read other forums and the most common comments I have seen about Leeds have been to do with your long running competition with Derby over who can implode in the most comical way come the season's end. Congratulations for finally overcoming that this year.

I'd love him to stay but if he doesn't, then be assured that Bielsa will have a ready replacement. My main concern is that Bielsa stays.

Very sensible. He's an excellent manager. With him staying, you'll have a good chance of building the squad you need to stay up. We'll be working very hard to ensure that it's not at our cost. We won't make it easy for you.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We did **** all except find an outstanding talent. Oh, and sign him up. Oh and develop him, albeit at a lower footballing level first (but that’s Leeds fault for being a division BELOW us - and sometimes two) Perhaps they could develop a youth set up...if they hadn’t sold their family silver chasing the deluded belief they can compete at PL level. That worked out well didn’t it?! Probably one of the only Albion fans to have seen Leeds in their last PL outings c/o Arsenal friend who invited me along, Leeds lost five nil, Arsenal mocked them throughout at old Highbury. Yep, that’s how long ago ‘mighty’ Leeds we’re in the top flight. They’ve never played at the Emirates even. Their coach driver will have to get the map out. The footballing landscape has changed so much since MASSIVE Leeds were amongst the footballing elite, they’ve probably not even got London in their Sat Nav let alone the Emirates and London Stadium. Do they even have sat navs? Again, been so long since anyone heard of Leeds that not sure such tech was around back then. Crickey, even the Liberal Democrat’s have been in government since ‘mighty’ Leeds played in the top flight. Deluded. Absolutely deluded. They can’t help themselves though.

Top ranting!! :lol:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
We did **** all except find an outstanding talent. Oh, and sign him up. Oh and develop him, albeit at a lower footballing level first (but that’s Leeds fault for being a division BELOW us - and sometimes two) Perhaps they could develop a youth set up...if they hadn’t sold their family silver chasing the deluded belief they can compete at PL level. That worked out well didn’t it?! Probably one of the only Albion fans to have seen Leeds in their last PL outings c/o Arsenal friend who invited me along, Leeds lost five nil, Arsenal mocked them throughout at old Highbury. Yep, that’s how long ago ‘mighty’ Leeds we’re in the top flight. They’ve never played at the Emirates even. Their coach driver will have to get the map out. The footballing landscape has changed so much since MASSIVE Leeds were amongst the footballing elite, they’ve probably not even got London in their Sat Nav let alone the Emirates and London Stadium. Do they even have sat navs? Again, been so long since anyone heard of Leeds that not sure such tech was around back then. Crickey, even the Liberal Democrat’s have been in government since ‘mighty’ Leeds played in the top flight. Deluded. Absolutely deluded. They can’t help themselves though.

So true. The only people I know who are Leeds fans are roughly 7-8 years older than me, so late 50s. They love bands like Sweet and Mott The Hoople. That’s how long ago Leeds were fashionable - in the pre-punk 70s. World famous my arse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
why oh why is this debate still going on .

I don't believe the end is in sight.

Denial if a new contract is signed.
Denial if sold to Liverpool.
(He'll get loaned back to 'us')

The denial will be strong until:-
The window is closed.
BW is playing for the Albion against Leeds.
& crucially

They are, to a man, boooooing him.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I don't believe the end is in sight.

Denial if a new contract is signed.
Denial if sold to Liverpool.
(He'll get loaned back to 'us')

The denial will be strong until:-
The window is closed.
BW is playing for the Albion against Leeds.
& crucially

They are, to a man, boooooing him.

I love the 'loan back' to Leeds delusion.

It is now against PL rules to loan out a player to another PL team in the same window he is singed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It is now against PL rules to loan out a player to another PL team in the same window he is singed.

But the laws don't apply to Leeds, cos they is well...

...Leeds, innit.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

You'll have to forgive the Leeds fans, it's been so long since they've been in the Premier League they've not got copies of the new rule book yet.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just waiting for flurry of tweets saying he was shit anyway and we can get better, just a matter of time we hope :D

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The absolute 100% positive with all this furore around White and Leeds posturing is it makes me 100% confident Tony won’t sell him to them. It would make us appear pretty tinpot and weak in the market whereas as we all know this club is anything but now.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Huddersfield have just announced their new manager. I’m 99% certain he was the one who acts as Bielsa’s translator in interviews, which strikes very highly that Bielsa is not signing a new contract. Been talk of him missing home and family for a long while.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ben White signed on 1 July, 2019

Within just a few weeks, Bielsa had turned him into a superstar. Amazing.

Tweets from last August: https://twitter.com/search?f=live&q="ben white" until:2019-08-31 since:2019-08-01&src=typed_query

Some lovely stuff on there -

"Ben White is magic
He wears a magic hat
And if you threw a brick at him.........
........He'd probably take it down on his chest, pirouette around three players and spray a 40 yard pass out to kiko on the wing.
"

or this -

"One of these days Ben White is going to ramble onto a pitch wearing a smoking jacket, cradling a snifter of brandy and an Agatha Christie novel to while away the game......"

I guess they hadn't realised he was only there temporarily as part of his development plan!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Huddersfield have just announced their new manager. I’m 99% certain he was the one who acts as Bielsa’s translator in interviews, which strikes very highly that Bielsa is not signing a new contract. Been talk of him missing home and family for a long while.

Yes, he was the first team coach at Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here