[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Had forgotten about Augustin, so...

Meslier - paying £5m
Harrison - need to pay £8-10m
Augustin - have to pay £18m
White - would need to pay £35m+ (but not gonna happen)

... so at least £66m to get back to where they were in January.

harrison has already signed for another year with the buy next summer at £8m
augustin does not wish to join leeds (can't keep pace with bielsa) and leipzig cannot force him.
we have purchased costa with funds fron the 49ers (planned all along, not from 'budget' as such)

hopefully we aren't stupid enough to sign white but it is leeds so any level of idiocy is to be expected.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It doesn't matter whether you're "stupid enough" to sign White or not. We don't want to sell. Do keep up.

It's a fair enough comment IMO..........the stupidity would be the amount needed to get him away from us. It would have to be utterly ridiculous, and supported by Ben himself seriously wanting away.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Another thing Yorkshire has too, a coast.

Yeah, alright. A long way from somewhere like Sheffield though.

The only point I was making is that people have different preferences on quality of life.
We don't have a particularly big house, but it's as big as we need, and I much prefer the amount of sun here (I lived in a few places up north for years, it is much sunnier, drier and warmer here - and for the record, I do think Yorkshire is lovely), being by the coast, coastal walks, swims, etc

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
he is a good kid, had an ok season, but the championship is usually poor this year i think it was worse than poor and so an average defender has been able to stand out because he has been playing against rubbish teams and gets a lot of time on the ball to make a decisionp. he'd be found out against vardy, aguero and is not the kind of player you want in a relegation/survival battle. the few games we have looked weaker - forest away, he is missing, lost, gone. when we're pressing and doing that bielsa play possession from the back he is alright, but a dog fight at the bottom of league? nah. thanks for the service ben, onwards and upwards

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
he is a good kid, had an ok season, but the championship is usually poor this year i think it was worse than poor and so an average defender has been able to stand out because he has been playing against rubbish teams and gets a lot of time on the ball to make a decisionp. he'd be found out against vardy, aguero and is not the kind of player you want in a relegation/survival battle. the few games we have looked weaker - forest away, he is missing, lost, gone. when we're pressing and doing that bielsa play possession from the back he is alright, but a dog fight at the bottom of league? nah. thanks for the service ben, onwards and upwards

That may well be true. The problem you have is finding a replacement, good luck with that because it isn’t as easy as you may think. Welcome to the premier league.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fresh from the WACCOE forum........seems to have missed the irony of commenting on this thread when posting his own thoughts.............

Ben White would be a different player at Brighton as Bielsa has made him the player he is today and Potter is no Bielsa.

He would just become another premiership lower half, relegation fighting premiership team centre half at Brighton.

Brighton are not and never will be considered as a top flight football team that could be challenging for honours or that have a great supporter base. They just exist, as a seaside town football club non entity.

I'd be extremely surprised if BW stays there after experiencing the Leeds United family. If he doesn't come to Leeds, then another club will come in for him and that could be most clubs in the premiership from Southampton to Burnley, where he would get a better footballing education than at Brighton.

I wonder who will be shorter odds in the betting world for winning anything next season, or finishing higher in the league, Brighton or Leeds? I'm not saying that we will win anything by the way, but I know who my money would be on out of the two teams to finish higher in the league and that is even without any major player investment.

I actually saw a section of one of their forum threads that someone posted on here entitled 'Deluded Leeds Fans' or something similar. All going on about Ben White and how great he is and that we have no chance of getting him. He'll be a star of the future playing for England. Maybe so, but I guarantee he won't play for England if he stays at Brighton. They just haven't a clue about the footballing world.

They do not understand that whether you love Leeds or hate Leeds, we are significantly more recognisable and respected in the football world than they are or ever will be. We are generally discussed on most top clubs forums, are they? How many premier league teams players, ex players and fans have stated, that they would prefer Leeds in the premier league than Brighton and other similar clubs.

I'd love him to stay but if he doesn't, then be assured that Bielsa will have a ready replacement. My main concern is that Bielsa stays.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Fresh from the WACCOE forum........seems to have missed the irony of commenting on this thread when posting his own thoughts.............

Ben White would be a different player at Brighton as Bielsa has made him the player he is today and Potter is no Bielsa.

He would just become another premiership lower half, relegation fighting premiership team centre half at Brighton.

Brighton are not and never will be considered as a top flight football team that could be challenging for honours or that have a great supporter base. They just exist, as a seaside town football club non entity.

I'd be extremely surprised if BW stays there after experiencing the Leeds United family. If he doesn't come to Leeds, then another club will come in for him and that could be most clubs in the premiership from Southampton to Burnley, where he would get a better footballing education than at Brighton.

I wonder who will be shorter odds in the betting world for winning anything next season, or finishing higher in the league, Brighton or Leeds? I'm not saying that we will win anything by the way, but I know who my money would be on out of the two teams to finish higher in the league and that is even without any major player investment.

I actually saw a section of one of their forum threads that someone posted on here entitled 'Deluded Leeds Fans' or something similar. All going on about Ben White and how great he is and that we have no chance of getting him. He'll be a star of the future playing for England. Maybe so, but I guarantee he won't play for England if he stays at Brighton. They just haven't a clue about the footballing world.

They do not understand that whether you love Leeds or hate Leeds, we are significantly more recognisable and respected in the football world than they are or ever will be. We are generally discussed on most top clubs forums, are they? How many premier league teams players, ex players and fans have stated, that they would prefer Leeds in the premier league than Brighton and other similar clubs.

I'd love him to stay but if he doesn't, then be assured that Bielsa will have a ready replacement. My main concern is that Bielsa stays.

I like the line about finishing higher than us without any major investment. Fans like that know literally nothing about the premier league. The sense of neediness and insecurity is overpowering in that post.

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I like the line about finishing higher than us without any major investment. Fans like that know literally nothing about the premier league. The sense of neediness and insecurity is overpowering in that post.

I like that they're still referring to it as the "premiership", like it was called when Leeds were last in the top division. Bless.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s actually 18 years since they’ve been a top 10 Premier League (Premiership) team, bless em

I pray we get them at home next season in the last 4 or 5 games to potentially hear the “falling apart” chant live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's the "I've never heard of any of their players so they must be shit" type of football knowledge. Or otherwise known as "doing a Paul Merson".

Oh and of course their odds will be shorter to win something, because thousands of DELUDED Leeds fans will be lumping on and the bookies will be rubbing their hands.

It's interesting that the two teams their owner has said he wants the club to emulate are Sheffield United and Brighton. So all the while idiots like this guy are spouting their "massive club" nonsense, the owner sees us as something to aspire to. Amusing really.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
They do not understand that whether you love Leeds or hate Leeds, we are significantly more recognisable and respected in the football world than they are or ever will be. We are generally discussed on most top clubs forums, are they?

[/I]

Really? Are Leeds really discussed on most top clubs forums? Fans from top clubs (by that I assume they're talking about the traditional top 6) don't give a shit about anyone outside of the top 6

[/I]

The only person talking sense

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Bournemouth get relegated -> Leeds buy Steve Cook to replace White -> Albion get their sell-on percentage -> Everyone's a winner.

:albion2:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The sense of stature amongst the crowd at their games with Villa must be overpowering.

Willy waving of the highest degree, European Cup wins abound, but oh SO needy.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
I love the part where he says they'll likely finish higher than us without any major investment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The sense of stature amongst the crowd at their games with Villa must be overpowering.

Willy waving of the highest degree, European Cup wins abound, but oh SO needy.

Well except for Leeds of course, who in reality never have been European Champions. No VAR in those days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here