Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
"Hello, Mr Kettle!"

"Yes Mr Pot?"

Right, so I go round banging onto all and sundry about Sussex this and Sussex that and how it’s gods country and I’m better than anyone else just because of where I was born. Ok then...guilty.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Certainly getting a load off flack for their open top bus ride

IMG_20200723_113007.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

My understanding was the open top bus appearance was to bring closure, in consent with Police. Otherwise crowds might been there all night and just don’t have the man power to disperse that many people. We’re self policing rather than a police state which is what you’d have needed to prevent last night happening. Not condoning fans behaviour. But we already knew idiots would ignore advice. The players aren’t to blame though. They did what they were told essentially.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My understanding was the open top bus appearance was to bring closure, in consent with Police. Otherwise crowds might been there all night and just don’t have the man power to disperse that many people. We’re self policing rather than a police state which is what you’d have needed to prevent last night happening. Not condoning fans behaviour. But we already knew idiots would ignore advice. The players aren’t to blame though. They did what they were told essentially.

Yes not the club or the players at fault. They did what was agreed with the rozzers and the council.

Just the idiots who turned up.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well I think most of Yorkshire is a lovely county (if you can call it that). It has a lot going for it. When I did a tour of Yorkshire with my wife just before the kids were born, I came away with a good impression of Leeds, Sheffield and even Hull. For every dull place like Barnsley and shithole like Rotherham, there was a Harrogate, a Beverley, or a York - all lovely.

Leeds in particular is a fabulous, vibrant city - only let down by it's football club which is a magnet for violent racist ignorant simpletons across the county. I can well see why people move up there - a better quality of life, more choice. My best mate's brother moved up there for a mixture of a good job opportunity and improved quality of life, as did HKFC's brother I believe (which is why one of their keepers is in their squad rather than ours).

It's even the right side of the Pennines, so that rain isn't the issue it is in Manchester and Liverpool.

Who says its a better quality of life? The weather is shyte most of the year (just had friends down from Sheffield, they say summer has been non existent bar May and a few days)... You get more for your money perhaps property wise (depending where you are), but give me the south coast of Sussex, loads more sun, lovely countryside (yes perhaps not as dramatic as parts of yorkshire, but still), lovely villages, coastal walks, being able to swim in the sea after work in summer, lovely people (like Yorkshire!) any day of the week...

That's not a diss at Yorkshire, just making the point that quality of life depends of the individual and their preferences. i know a fair few people from up north who've moved down here and love the quality of life

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Is the right answer. Villa never replaced the quality of on loan striker Tammy Abraham following promotion.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but Leeds are desperate to get out of a loan to buy deal worth £18 Million for on loan flop Jean-Kevin Augustin.

### Warning this is a link to a Daily Mail report. Other media outlets report similar ###

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8540307/Leeds-face-18m-legal-battle-obligation-buy-clause-Jean-Kevin-Augustin-loan-deal.html

Had forgotten about Augustin, so...

Meslier - paying £5m
Harrison - need to pay £8-10m
Augustin - have to pay £18m
White - would need to pay £35m+ (but not gonna happen)

... so at least £66m to get back to where they were in January.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The plan was all over Twitter while the match was being played last night...

speculation and good contingency planning. the club did their part, fans didn't.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The point all of Yorkshire and oddly yourself Hammy are missing is:-

Their isn't a single answer to the Ben White Conundrum that results in the Albion being "victims".

That's what happens when you still hold 2 years of his contract.

Turn of phrase Stat, turn of phrase.

We're yet to see if White can cut it in the Premier League. We've seen many fail in the step up.

The point I make is a simple one, Leeds are a big club, despite what some have suggested in this thread.

We do hold the cards and equally, we don't. If the player's head gets turned then we have to factor that into account. Hopefully all parties will see that staying with Mr Bloom is preferable to making what could be a risky decision and going to Leeds. Villa may yet discover that being a 'big club' does not guarantee survival.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My understanding was the open top bus appearance was to bring closure. Otherwise crowds might been there all night and just don’t have the man power to disperse that many people.

That is the spin, yes - but it is utter bullshit.

They had a ****ING OPEN TOP BUS all branded up, ready for the moment. People SAW the bus, with their EYES. The people who branded up the bus knew about the bus. Never, ever not going to leak out. The EXISTENCE of the bus, guaranteed that people would congregate.

They are wankers, pure and simple.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Who says its a better quality of life? The weather is shyte most of the year (just had friends down from Sheffield, they say summer has been non existent bar May and a few days)... You get more for your money perhaps property wise (depending where you are), but give me the south coast of Sussex, loads more sun, lovely countryside (yes perhaps not as dramatic as parts of yorkshire, but still), lovely villages, coastal walks, being able to swim in the sea after work in summer, lovely people (like Yorkshire!) any day of the week...

That's not a diss at Yorkshire, just making the point that quality of life depends of the individual and their preferences

Not sure how I've managed to get a sun tan then. No cricket matches cancelled yet (fingers crossed!) either. :lolol:

April and May were stunning and since then it's been hit and miss like the rest of the country, certainly not as described. Perhaps they live in North Sheffield which has it's own micro climate of shitness......

I love both Sussex and Yorkshire. But it is a hell of a lot cheaper here property wise for like for like properties in like for like areas. No argument on that!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Not sure how I've managed to get a sun tan then. No cricket matches cancelled yet (fingers crossed!) either. :lolol:

April and May were stunning and since then it's been hit and miss like the rest of the country, certainly not as described. Perhaps they live in North Sheffield which has it's own micro climate of shitness......

I love both Sussex and Yorkshire. But it is a hell of a lot cheaper here property wise for like for like properties in like for like areas. No argument on that!

Well I'm just going from what our friends said - they'd not had blazing sunshine and the warmth that they had every day whilst here since may up there (for the most part) , just mainly 16-18 degrees and cloud.

Anyway, my point really was that quality of life depends on the individual, which still stands! Off for a swim in the sea after work later, doesn't get better than that imo

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sky Bet have already opened a special section for Leeds next season.

They are 10/3 to be relegated. 1/5 to stay up. 28/1 to win a trophy.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well I think most of Yorkshire is a lovely county (if you can call it that). It has a lot going for it. When I did a tour of Yorkshire with my wife just before the kids were born, I came away with a good impression of Leeds, Sheffield and even Hull. For every dull place like Barnsley and shithole like Rotherham, there was a Harrogate, a Beverley, or a York - all lovely.

Leeds in particular is a fabulous, vibrant city - only let down by it's football club which is a magnet for violent racist ignorant simpletons across the county. I can well see why people move up there - a better quality of life, more choice. My best mate's brother moved up there for a mixture of a good job opportunity and improved quality of life, as did HKFC's brother I believe (which is why one of their keepers is in their squad rather than ours).

It's even the right side of the Pennines, so that rain isn't the issue it is in Manchester and Liverpool.

My son says it’s great there, he starts Uni at Leeds later this year. Looking forward to going up there.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
speculation and good contingency planning. the club did their part, fans didn't.

Wasn't there a "dispersal order" in place at Leeds last night? There certainly was at Liverpool. Thousands ignored it and Merseyside police managed just nine arrests! Pathetic.

The club did their part by organising an open top bus? No. Their part was to tell the fans "if you turn up you will be banned by the club for five years". That would have focussed their feeble minds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here