Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Leeds epitomise a club that’s all mouth and no trousers. Always has been. It’s why it’s hilarious watching them continually feck up and lose to #teams like Brighton...and Burton, and Colchester, and Newport County...

Wonder if the other half of the Elland road ‘faithful’ will come back after sixteen years; or if switched to more successful Yorkshire clubs like Huddersfield, Sheff U and Hull? Be interesting to see when COVID settles down if they do. Be good to see them open up stands again that have largely been closed for a generation. I guess it depends on whether Citeh or Liverpool are playing at the same time on TV.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Leeds epitomise a club that’s all mouth and no trousers. Always has been. It’s why it’s hilarious watching them continually feck up and lose to #teams like Brighton...and Burton, and Colchester, and Newport County...

Wonder if the other half of the Elland road ‘faithful’ will come back after sixteen years; or if switched to more successful Yorkshire clubs like Huddersfield, Sheff U and Hull? Be interesting to see when COVID settles down if they do. Be good to see them open up stands again that have largely been closed for a generation. I guess it depends on whether Citeh or Liverpool are playing at the same time on TV.

Many prefer rugby league to football.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Seems an odd decision to push the stay away but have a decorated open top bus outside elland road in case people turned up.

it should come as no surprise given the mess the government have made in this pandemic but leeds actually went to their local mp, local council and the police and asked what to do, that people will show up regardless of advice (friday night was bedlam) and the group suggestion was to have the bus, bring the players out briefly to signify an end to celebrations and they hoped that would encourage crowd to disperse.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004

eh? there is no othed half. elland road has been fully open and full

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

It's been full this year and probably most of last year. But the previous 15 or so years it's had around a third of it's capacity available. Most clubs see a big rise in successful campaigns, whilst playing exciting football - and have leaner times when things aren't going well. Leeds aren't a special case here

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
It's been full this year and probably most of last year. But the previous 15 or so years it's had around a third of it's capacity available. Most clubs see a big rise in successful campaigns, whilst playing exciting football - and have leaner times when things aren't going well. Leeds aren't a special case here

no one wants to be special, but i think you are confused. a third of our capacity is 12000! i'm not here on a wide up but at least be factual.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I don’t think we can seriously knock Leeds attendances even when they were REALLY shit can we? Rightly or wrongly they do seem to have big club support both in attendances and worldwide support (from the number I’ve met on travels over the years anyway)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
it should come as no surprise given the mess the government have made in this pandemic but leeds actually went to their local mp, local council and the police and asked what to do, that people will show up regardless of advice (friday night was bedlam) and the group suggestion was to have the bus, bring the players out briefly to signify an end to celebrations and they hoped that would encourage crowd to disperse.

Hilary Benn?
Labour?

I believe he is one of 5 Labour MPs and 3 Conservative.

Great advice though - very sensible! I only work for the NHS, but understand social distancing.

I really don’t understand why people are so stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don’t think we can seriously knock Leeds attendances even when they were REALLY shit can we? Rightly or wrongly they do seem to have big club support both in attendances and worldwide support (from the number I’ve met on travels over the years anyway)

But surely this makes it even more surprising that their average attendances were lower than ours in the middle part of the "teenies". I realise there was a Ken Bates factor in this, but they have coach loads of fans coming from all over the country - I know this as my brother-in-law is a "Shropshire White" :rolleyes:. Shows how few must be coming from Leeds.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

remember 16k, 17k, 18k and 19k etc attendances. Thought they had 40k capacity? 40/2 = 20. 16,17,18 etc is less than 20. That’s before you factor away fans. And bigger stands were closed. Or at least empty. So where were they? As said maybe 16 years outside the top flight meant younger fans followed more successful Yorkshire sides like Hull and Huddersfield. Or follow Citeh and Liverpool just over the border? We forget, not every club can pull in 30k each week in the 2nd tier regardless of how we’re playing. Still, Leeds in the PL means they stand a chance of filling their stadium at last. And if they get relegated again, maybe some of their new fans will stick with them. I hope so. A city as big as Leeds should support its local team.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I wouldn’t say it’s shit, but it’s nowhere near bigger clubs like Sunderland and Citeh if you compare them when playing in lower leagues. Leeds have a decent support. But this self promoting ‘big club’ image is bs. Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Everton, even West Ham...none of them have spent 16 years outside the PL. Leeds been a yo yo club in the decades before that too. They’re more on a par with Forest, Leicester, Derby etc. Perhaps even #teams like Brighton. Their owners seem to think they should emulate us. And the generation who jumped on the band waggon in the 60s and 70s is sadly dying out. As are the heroes on the pitch as we’ve recently seen. RIP big jack, Norman Hunter etc.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
no one wants to be special, but i think you are confused. a third of our capacity is 12000! i'm not here on a wide up but at least be factual.

Hey Starry, that’s exactly what I meant - a third of your capacity was available, as in not used. I appreciate that may have come over poorly though. If you look back at your attendance figures, you’ve been in the mid-twenty thousands for a decade or so.

During consistent poor periods, this happens to all clubs

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Let's pop our little bubble here shall we.

Firstly, Leeds are a big club. Bigger than the Albion and history shows that.

Hopefully, Ben White will want to stay at the Albion and will have memories that last longer than one season at Leeds. However, if Leeds start splashing the cash and signing a few names he recognises then who can blame the young lad for wanting to be a part of that.

We asked him to go out on loan and prove himself. He has done that and more. We could be victims of that success and he might rather play for a world renown manager like Bielsa rather than an as yet to assert himself Potter.

If he goes, let's just get a bloody big fee for him.

Hopefully our recruitment team will do what's required to convince him - and his agent, who'll be looking at an immediate return - that Brighton is the place to be.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Hey Starry, that’s exactly what I meant - a third of your capacity was available, as in not used. I appreciate that may have come over poorly though. If you look back at your attendance figures, you’ve been in the mid-twenty thousands for a decade or so.

During consistent poor periods, this happens to all clubs

ah i misinderstood, apologies. though the last 3 seasons average attendance is mid 30k i believe.

anyway was a fun season, here's to hopefully our paths crossing inside stadia next year and not just online bickering about ben white.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Hopefully, Ben White will want to stay at the Albion and will have memories that last longer than one season at Leeds. However, if Leeds start splashing the cash and signing a few names he recognises then who can blame the young lad for wanting to be a part of that.

We asked him to go out on loan and prove himself. He has done that and more. We could be victims of that success and he might rather play for a world renown manager like Bielsa rather than an as yet to assert himself Potter.

Hopefully our recruitment team will do what's required to convince him - and his agent, who'll be looking at an immediate return - that Brighton is the place to be.
That's not popping any 'little bubble'. We are aware of our place in the world. We are aware of the situation with the player. Most of the comments are showing that many Leeds fans are not. Why not 'pop their little bubble'?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The point all of Yorkshire and oddly yourself Hammy are missing is:-

Their isn't a single answer to the Ben White Conundrum that results in the Albion being "victims".

That's what happens when you still hold 2 years of his contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here