Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Had a quick look at the massive thread about Ben White they have on their forum. Couldn't be arsed with most of it but the recent gist is very clear:

1. Leeds are a massive club and Brighton are tinpot. They have tons of money to spend because of their massiveness (never mind any actual figures) and will be pushing for Europe soon.

2. BW will definitely become the best defender in the World because he's had one good season in The Championship. They watched him so it must be true.

3. We are "rattled" or "shitting ourselves" that we will lose him to them. Not understanding that A. Nobody is rattled in the slightest and B. We can't lose in this situation so why would be be shitting ourselves? Very odd, I think you call it projection as they are clearly apoplectic that their best player isn't theirs.

4. If he doesn't go to Leeds then he will go to Liverpool / City / Arsenal / PSG / Real Madrid. They are much more worried about this than the ridiculous idea that he would be playing for us next season and are arguing about it with each other.

5. We thought he was rubbish which is why we loaned him to them and now he's the new Bobby Moore because of Bielsa.

Honestly, even the majority of the more measured posters (and there are a fair few) seem to have zero grasp of the reality of the situation. :flypig:

"Rattled"? I've got the popcorn out as they "shit themselves" about having to replace him or pay us a RIDICULOUS wedge (which Tony will probably get them to up to the point he pisses himself laughing and says "sorry, not for sale guys").

Amazing stuff. :lolol::lol::laugh:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had a quick look at the massive thread about Ben White they have on their forum. Couldn't be arsed with most of it but the recent gist is very clear:

1. Leeds are a massive club and Brighton are tinpot. They have tons of money to spend because of their massiveness (never mind any actual figures) and will be pushing for Europe soon.

2. BW will definitely become the best defender in the World because he's had one good season in The Championship. They watched him so it must be true.

3. We are "rattled" or "shitting ourselves" that we will lose him to them. Not understanding that A. Nobody is rattled in the slightest and B. We can't lose in this situation so why would be be shitting ourselves? Very odd, I think you call it projection as they are clearly apoplectic that their best player isn't theirs.

4. If he doesn't go to Leeds then he will go to Liverpool / City / Arsenal / PSG / Real Madrid. They are much more worried about this than the ridiculous idea that he would be playing for us next season and are arguing about it with each other.

5. We thought he was rubbish which is why we loaned him to them and now he's the new Bobby Moore because of Bielsa.

Honestly, even the majority of the more measured posters (and there are a fair few) seem to have zero grasp of the reality of the situation. :flypig:

"Rattled"? I've got the popcorn out as they "shit themselves" about having to replace him or pay us a RIDICULOUS wedge (which Tony will probably get them to up to the point he pisses himself laughing and says "sorry, not for sale guys").

Amazing stuff. :lolol::lol::laugh:

Let it run - the UTTER meltdown on there when he comes back............posts pictures of 'home', smiling, in his BHA kit with his 'new' mate Aaron.............and is on the bench for the first game of the season with Potter saying 'He's had a great pre-season but after a season in a lower league we need to be careful with him' will be hilarious to behold.................all this of course after he's already signed a new contract.............

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I mean they have a point. We have, what, two whole threads dedicated to Leeds and White. Most people on here can't stop posting about and talking about it.
Just enjoy the post-season and let them worry about it. We really need to stop obsessing over them, it IS tinpot.

What like you that have posted a lot on the thread. Ho hum.

Some of us are enjoying their egotistical flexing of Yorkshireness

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It is egotistical of us to assume, as lots are doing, that he will be here next season. None of us know what will happen. Just let it play out. So far, nothing has (publicly at least) happened, so why all the noise!?:shrug:

Yes it has our manager has said he's looking forwards to working with our player pre-season. A very factual statement.

Edit: Added to which the very blunt website and twitter postings from the club.

What most of us are enjoying is the very way they are so up themselves that they are already favourites for the League, Champions League etc etc.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes, and that is the end of it for now.
All we have on NSC is people saying "Oh leeds are deluded they think they are a big club" whilst at the same time thw whole board is "Leeds Leeds leeds, blah blah Leeds Leeds, blah blah blah LEEDS".
All NSC is proving is Leeds ARE a big club as people can not stop talking about them. :shootself:ffsparr:

Don't ****ing look at the thread then. Freedom of speech and all that

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I got a text from the blood donor service, my most recent donation has been issued at a hospital in Leeds. I'm afraid, that now makes me part Leeds fan and so now I know Ben White is far too good for us (Brighton) and instead he is going to sign for us (Leeds). I suppose if I'm wrong I'll be happy because instead of coming to us (Leeds) he is staying with us (Brighton).

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I mean they have a point. We have, what, two whole threads dedicated to Leeds and White. Most people on here can't stop posting about and talking about it.
Just enjoy the post-season and let them worry about it. We really need to stop obsessing over them, it IS tinpot.
Jesus wept. Could you let us know what we can post about then? Apart from:

A promising young player of ours who seems to be wanted by lots of other clubs.

Or:

Laughing at the utter nonsense that lots of Leeds fans are posting.

These are clearly off limits so which subjects don't get you so angry?

You have SO missed the point on THIS subject by the way.....

But that's becoming a common trait.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Yes, and that is the end of it for now.
All we have on NSC is people saying "Oh leeds are deluded they think they are a big club" whilst at the same time thw whole board is "Leeds Leeds leeds, blah blah Leeds Leeds, blah blah blah LEEDS".
All NSC is proving is Leeds ARE a big club as people can not stop talking about them. :shootself:ffsparr:

Batshit logic there Plookster. We talk about Palace a lot, but that doesn't make them a big club, it just means there are topics to talk abotu. We aren't talking about fkin Leeds because they have a large historical fan base, we are talking about them because one of OUR players is on loan there and they are arrogantly declaring that the player will clearly choose Leeds over Brighton.

Leeds are bigger than Brighton, when measured in historical fan base, current fan base, historical success. There is no shame in admitting that, but there is also no relevance to it in the current era - unless they are very well run, it won't make any difference (cf. every 'big' club floundering about in the lower leagues). Renault used to be much bigger than Toyota, but that history didn't stop Toyota doing a better job of manufacturing and selling cars than Renault. And it equally doesn't stop people being happy working at Renault today, instead of Toyota.

When we got promoted you didn't see many Brighton fans saying we were going to be top 8 this year, and then league winners the next year. But you don't have to go far to find that madness from Leeds fans... largely based on events that happened before most of them were even alive. "We did it last time", brilliant. Well this time, those players are no longer in the game, the opposition is different, and frankly, the TV money has completely changed the scene from the last time they were in the division.

They might do a Wolves / Sheffield, based on the Biesla factor. But equally, they might get entirely ripped apart due to not having players good enough to replicate that in the league, and Biesla refusing to consistently change his approach. We shall see.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
A Brighton fan would say that Brighton are the better run club, and have the best potential over the medium term. Due to our facilities, management and current squad quality.

A Leeds fan would say that Leeds have the best potential, due to Biesla and their history.

Biesla is a point, perhaps. But the rest of it is nonsense - there is no 'natural order' of things.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I just checked back to make sure I wasn't doing him a disservice as I used " 's instead of ' 's.

It turns out I went easy on him:-

“He’s never had a look-in at Brighton and if he went there this summer he wouldn’t know people in the dressing room.

Loads have left since he played in the EFL, but don't think he'll need to be introduced to Ryan, Dunk, Duffy, Bissouma, Murray, Gyokeres, Bruno etc etc!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A Brighton fan would say that Brighton are the better run club, and have the best potential over the medium term. Due to our facilities, management and current squad quality.

A Leeds fan would say that Leeds have the best potential, due to Biesla and their history.

Biesla is a point, perhaps. But the rest of it is nonsense - there is no 'natural order' of things.

And the Leeds' owner HAS actually said that he sees Albion as an example to follow - Leeds United owner admires Albion's Premier League progress

#ClubsLikeBrighton

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Yes, you keep interrupting us to say this. We’re having fun.

So thank you for your daily update, but may I kindly suggest you ignore the thread if it bothers you.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
"You're taking the fun out of everything...."

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Leeds are becoming slightly irritating at the moment, so much so I have day dreamed on the drive back from work the perfect scenario, Biesla goes to the board with a list of players he thinks are required to compete in the Premier league and top of that list is Ben White, the board look at the list and say to a volatile Biesla, sorry we’ve already gone to Brighton and they do not want to or need to sell Ben.... what, what, but we’re Leeds, I’m Biesla this is bullshit, you can’t even get me a young defender, your useless I can’t work in these conditions...., and off he storms....

That would be magic...,

Not gonna happen obviously, but that would be mighty funny

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here