Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought that the Athletic was supposed to be serious journalism ? Clearly not, reading that quote. Unless they made a mistake in claiming that Phil Hay works for the Athletic ?

I just checked back to make sure I wasn't doing him a disservice as I used " 's instead of ' 's.

It turns out I went easy on him:-

“He’s never had a look-in at Brighton and if he went there this summer he wouldn’t know people in the dressing room.

“He might be thinking ‘I know Cooper, I’m good friends with Phillips…’ If Liverpool don’t buy him and Man City buy Koulibaly… if you drop past the top six clubs, which team is miles ahead of Leeds?”

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They'll face intense competition from Palace...

May have something to do with old managers. That boy's a good player lets get him. He's 56 Roy with a hip replacement. Good that means less to go wrong.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
may have something to do with old managers. That boy's a good player lets get him. He's 56 roy with a hip replacement. Good that means less to go wrong.

:lolol:

"He retired 20 years ago Roy"

"Oh good, no transfer fee then. What should we pay him as a signing on bonus?"

"No Roy, you don't seem to unders......"

"WARHAMMER!"

"Nurse! It's time for Roys meds and his afternoon nap."

*cries into soup*

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I just checked back to make sure I wasn't doing him a disservice as I used " 's instead of ' 's.

It turns out I went easy on him:-

“He’s never had a look-in at Brighton and if he went there this summer he wouldn’t know people in the dressing room.

“He might be thinking ‘I know Cooper, I’m good friends with Phillips…’ If Liverpool don’t buy him and Man City buy Koulibaly… if you drop past the top six clubs, which team is miles ahead of Leeds?

That's the quote I like the best. All completely ignoring the fact that the 2 year contract he has makes Brighton miles ahead of everybody.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

“He’s never had a look-in at Brighton and if he went there this summer he wouldn’t know people in the dressing room"

is basically the only mention we get, while they discuss if Leeds, Liverpool or Man City is where his future lies....

Utter bollox, similar disregard for us that nobjockey John Gregory's had for us with his comments about Gareth Barry.

This time, the only team with ALL the cards is Brighton.

I am starting to hate Leeds again...

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Potter can’t wait to work with White

From Potter's comments he's ours and isn't going anywhere ; https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1731247/potter-cant-wait-to-work-with-white/

“He’s been on loan with Leeds, but he’s contracted to us and he’s our player,”
“He’s absolutely part of our plans for next season, he’s had a fantastic year with Leeds and the loan worked well for everyone.
“Leeds achieved their objective of promotion and Ben got really good experience, so everybody won.
“We rate him highly. I’ve followed his career personally from when he was at Newport and Peterborough. I was aware of him at Swansea City and would probably have tried to sign him I was still there.
“We like him a lot, he’s a really good player and thankfully he’s our player.
“He’ll be back with the rest of the group for pre-season ahead of next year. He’ll be competing for place in the side like everyone else.”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

From Potter's comments he's ours and isn't going anywhere ; https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1731247/potter-cant-wait-to-work-with-white/

“He’s absolutely part of our plans for next season, he’s had a fantastic year with Leeds and the loan worked well for everyone.
“Leeds achieved their objective of promotion and Ben got really good experience, so everybody won.
“We rate him highly. I’ve followed his career personally from when he was at Newport and Peterborough. I was aware of him at Swansea City and would probably have tried to sign him I was still there.
“He’ll be back with the rest of the group for pre-season ahead of next year. He’ll be competing for place in the side like everyone else.”

GPott's in for a surprise when Leeds sell him to Liverpool.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"He's never had a chance at Brighton and doesn't know anybody in the dressing room"

Not only does he have a close friend in our first team, but looks like his Mrs has a mate too. Here’s the two happy couples on holidays together in Tenerife last summer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not only does he have a close friend in our first team, but looks like his Mrs has a mate too. Here’s the two happy couples on holidays together in Tenerife last summer.

Is the sun twice as bright in Tenerife?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

I love the blunt picture caption: "Albion defender Ben White".

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Looks like that’s taken down the local sewerage treatment works, wet wipes hanging off the walls. Is it Leeds?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here