[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
WHO CARES!? Leave them to it. Let them think what they want. All you lot are proving by constantly talking about them is that they ARE a big club. If Brentford had won the league most of you would not have said a word. Don't prove their point.

I can assure that im not "constantly talking about them" , just happened to read that quote , *one of the biggest clubs in the world ", which amused , and also wondered who KP was !
i;ll get me coat,,, !

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A real businessman

[tweet]1285669687343357952[/tweet]

I keep reading about this set price, is there any evidence of this anywhere, or is it something that Leeds fans keep saying to make themselves feel better?

Also, affordable? What’s this block head’s idea of affordable?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ben White has barely met Graham Potter as far as we know, let alone played for him. Who knows what his feelings may be after a pre-season with us?

If he then decides he needs more of that Bielsa magic and agitates for a transfer, then the landscape may change. But until and unless that happens, he's our player for up to two years. And it's all up to TB anyway.

The point needs to repeated, of course, that White has yet to kick a ball in the Premier League. Webster was the Championship's best defender last season and look how long it took him to adjust. It would be sort of funny if we sold BW to Leeds for zillions and he struggled. But I don't expect either to happen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ben White has barely met Graham Potter as far as we know, let alone played for him. Who knows what his feelings may be after a pre-season with us?

If he then decides he needs more of that Bielsa magic and agitates for a transfer, then the landscape may change. But until and unless that happens, he's our player for up to two years. And it's all up to TB anyway.

The point needs to repeated, of course, that White has yet to kick a ball in the Premier League. Webster was the Championship's best defender last season and look how long it took him to adjust. It would be sort of funny if we sold BW to Leeds for zillions and he struggled. But I don't expect either to happen.

You'd be a very brave or foolish young footballer, who signed a long term contract tying you to a club for years, in the expectation of spending much of it playing for Bielsa.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As a complete aside to all this -there is of course one player in the current Albion squad, who has played under Bielsa.

In fact, the big falling out they had over Bielsa's insistence on playing him out of position at right back, was most likely a factor in us being able to pick him up.

Bissouma, btw

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"If he declines a contract..." ? Conveniently forgetting he's already under contract?

White is under contract for two more years. I'd imagine this particular MIGHTY Leeds fan does know that. His thinking will be that we will now try to tie him to a longer, improved contract (and he's surely correct in that).

He might even be correct in his speculation, that if White WERE to turn down the new deal, we'd look to cash in and sell him this summer.

The bit where he goes a bit wrong, is in imagining that (IF those things came to pass), it would be Leeds we'd sell to.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
A lot of Leeds fans seem to be going round in circles regarding BW, creating "facts" out of nothing more than what they are saying to each other. Standard football fan behaviour I suppose but it's certainly getting a bit silly from some of them.

I messaged my Leeds mate when they won the league to say congrats and thanks in advance for the 6 points next season. He said, "You can have the six points if we can have Ben White, but that's not going to happen, gutted." But then he's intelligent and understands how football works, unlike these GOONS.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Really hope they sign those two for 3 years, give them £200k pw salaries each, and then they have a massive falling out with Biesla because he makes them do what they don't want to do.

Will be interesting to see whether this 'Qatar Sports Investment' link comes off.

As an aside, I noted that odds for winning the league next year are available. As an example, Sky Bet off 250/1 for Leeds, 750/1 for the Albion, 1000/1 for PaLLLLLLace. I assume that is a reflection on how many mugs they are reeling in placing bets, rather than any objective expectation of a teams chances?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports