Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bielsa has still to agree a new contract for next season I believe. Can you imagine the meltdown if he decided not to?!

I was winding up a Leeds fan who said he really wanted Bielsa to resign. I didn't correct his use of resign instead of
re-sign.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Bielsa was never on my radar so know nothing about him, but reading up on him he hasn't really got much pedigree in top European Leagues, so it will be interesting to see how he does. If he stays that is

Apart from producing one of the most exciting sides European football has seen in recent years with Bilbao you mean?

Bielsa is a genius and by far Leeds best hope of staying up. I don't think they do need to add that many players to their squad to just stay up with him in charge, anyone who watched their game against Arsenal earlier in the season can see that. Couple of quality additions and they'll be fine I think.

Some of their fans are utterly moronic and deluded about Ben White and exactly how well they'll do next season but if he does stay, they will be good to watch. I am slightly conflicted as I don't like the club and want them to go down but I do think Bielsa is great.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All clubs tap up players to different degrees.

It’s impossible to stamp out sadly

Yeah but being tapped up when you are en route to sign is a bit strong. I think something similar happened when Stephen Ward was on his way to sign for us and diverted to Burnley

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Apart from producing one of the most exciting sides European football has seen in recent years with Bilbao you mean?

Bielsa is a genius and by far Leeds best hope of staying up. I don't think they do need to add that many players to their squad to just stay up with him in charge, anyone who watched their game against Arsenal earlier in the season can see that. Couple of quality additions and they'll be fine I think.

Some of their fans are utterly moronic and deluded about Ben White and exactly how well they'll do next season but if he does stay, they will be good to watch. I am slightly conflicted as I don't like the club and want them to go down but I do think Bielsa is great.

That Bilbao team was incredible. Genuinely some of the best football I've ever seen. They dismantled United in Europe back when that was hard to do.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

If he is a genius why has he not done better, serious question? As I posted know nothing about him and European football if honest but surely he should have been with better clubs for his genius or is he flawed.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If he is a genius why has he not done better, serious question? As I posted know nothing about him and European football if honest but surely he should have been with better clubs for his genius or is he flawed.

Maybe flawed is a bit harsh but along those lines.

He is incredibly intense, an obsessive, quirky but also very moralistic. He will not be every owner's cup of tea and if he doesn't believe in a project or he doesn't feel he is getting the right backing, he will not entertain it or just walk away.

A lot of owners would be a little bit unsure of him because he is the absolute opposite of a yes man and is likely to upset their ego's. He is also not the most 'marketable' type of manager for a Real or Barca type club and I have no doubt a lot of top players would have an issue with him as he would work them incredibly hard and they have to 'buy in' to his methods which is a lot harder with established superstars.

There is something in this 'burn out' thing towards the end of his seasons too that has been his undoing a few times and meant he's not maybe got the titles he should have and maybe prevented him taking that next step.

If you've got time, read up on his stint at Marseille as his one season there pretty much sums him up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Amusingly, the first team coach, and U23s coach, Carlos Corberan, has just left to take over as manager at Huddersfield. Some Leeds fans are getting twitchy.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I had a Leeds fan kick off in the pub last week when I refused his request to turn over from one of the two PL games I was showing!

He was literally the only person interested in Leeds - My punters laughed him out of the pub, very funny indeed!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004

i would call him complicated rather than flawed.

he has had many offer from clubs but is never interested for reasons like not liking the president of the club, not thinking the training ground is ok, not thinking the city is right for him and then other side when he is maybe keen the club don't want 'his' way and wanr him to compromise, and it is a particular way and not everyone is cut out for it.

i think he is a bit weird. i think his way works if you have players (and a board, owner) who will acquiesce to it and if they can't he walks or causes the opposer to leave (jansson). some say that is a positive, to be so single minded it is your way or not at all. for me i think otherwise. Bilbao played some of the best football i have seen under him, and i have watched him in 2 years turn our shithouse team into one that can actually play ball and win. and he didn't really change much, the core of our team are the same men who played like donkeys under heckingbottom and while they were poorly coached then and it wouldn't have taken much to shape them up, a lot of of praise has to go to bielsa's regime for turning donkeys into footballers.

anyway, it's a game of opinions. I'd like him to say "cheers, i have done what you asked of me" and leave on a high rather than on a cold december night after a dull 1-0 at burnley when things are gloomy.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tony Cascarino says !!!!!

What a career win the second division title with Millwall back in the 80’s then 2 French League 2 titles...
must now me on Leeds payroll

Love that he is comparing them to Wolves who bought PL players whilst in the Championship and didn’t need to rebuild too much when they got to the PL. Having half the Portugal side is another advantage Leeds don’t have. They do have Patrick Bamford though :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Amusingly, the first team coach, and U23s coach, Carlos Corberan, has just left to take over as manager at Huddersfield. Some Leeds fans are getting twitchy.

Bielsa's going to need a new translator, if nothing else.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
NSC has an open door policy to fans of opposing clubs, providing the individual recognises that they are 'drinking in the home fans' pub' and behaves accordingly. Your two posts so far indicate that you're in our pub being a bit mouthy and 'look at me'. Please stop.

If you'd like to discuss football with us, including balanced representation of the club you follow, please go ahead. If however you want to shit stir, a bouncer will be along to chuck you out.

Congratulations on your promotion.

Are you back as a moderator?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here