Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Do you think Leeds fans base their predictions on previous results, or do they use something else? Voices in their heads? Yorkshire tea leaves?

That list of 'winnable' games (not just Brighton), is right out there....
Yeah fulham away is based on what? That they beat them in championship a few years back?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Their remaining home fixtures are:
Brighton
Forest
Palace
Liverpool
Leicester
Newcastle
Spurs

Based on this season any of those are winnable for Leeds. Spurs and Liverpool both lost at Wolves recently, Newcastle could only draw at Palace and Bournemouth.

I think Saturday is a fixture Leeds could turn us over, the debate isn't whether saying that is correct, it's why we're included in winnable games, while Liverpool, Newcastle and Spurs aren't? :shrug:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
This level of confidence bordering on arrogance makes me nervous. Bound to come back and bite us on the bum. Much more relaxed when when we used to go into away games hoping we’d scrape a 0-0 draw! (Wouldn’t change where we are now for the world of course)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This level of confidence bordering on arrogance makes me nervous. Bound to come back and bite us on the bum. Much more relaxed when when we used to go into away games hoping we’d scrape a 0-0 draw! (Wouldn’t change where we are now for the world of course)
Honestly, I still go into most games (home or away) not really expecting to win. It's my natural pessimism shining through.

The only times I really get disappointed these days is when we've been robbed at the death a la Fulham.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
not sure it's that, of course there's always the possibility that we could lose, we underform, they play well and they very well could win.

But their winnable picks as others have said, which excludes other big clubs, seems more based on their own delusions of grandeur against perceived smaller clubs than based on current form.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Do you think Leeds fans base their predictions on previous results, or do they use something else? Voices in their heads? Yorkshire tea leaves?

That list of 'winnable' games (not just Brighton), is right out there....
To be fair, most Leeds fans in the replies agree with you and think the poster is deluded.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It's just lazy...

Big club (+Newcastle) = unwinnable
Small club = winnable
My initial reaction to your post was 'no, it can't be, surely?' but having thought about it, and read the other comments, I'm not sure there is any other logical explanation.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Honestly, I still go into most games (home or away) not really expecting to win. It's my natural pessimism shining through.

The only times I really get disappointed these days is when we've been robbed at the death a la Fulham.
We're Brighton fans, we've had decades where turmoil, turgid dross and mediocrity was a fairly consistent norm.

This brave new world of silky skills, world cup winners, and optimism takes some adjustment for those with a lifetime on the coalface of pessimism!

Its still the hope that kills.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
To be fair, most Leeds fans in the replies agree with you and think the poster is deluded.
Yes, you're right. It was remiss of me not to mention that.

My excuse is that the narrative of Leeds fans being such thickarses, while not being a universal truth, is so entertaining.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two things I'd say in Leeds' favour:
1) They may have a lot of bell-ends following the club, but their home crowd is loud and genuinely supportive. Most Premier league stadiums (not just ours!) simply don't have that.
2) If you look at their results, when they've lost, it's normally been by the odd goal - they rarely get thumped. It would be just typical of Albion to create a hatful of chances, not take them, and lose to Patrick Bamford's only shot on target this calendar year.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Sounds like that list was compiled by drawing names out of a flat cap.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I can see it being called off on Saturday, as it's heavy snow forecast all day Thursday and into Friday now. If not, wrap up warm!

First winter since we've lived here that we've not had any, so it's long overdue.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
By definition any game is 'winable' because they all start 11 v 11

However based on form, squad, etc.. then the odds are well in our favor.

Leeds don't sit back and park the bus and play to our strengths so we have a good chance to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here