Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well, there's all the motivation he needs this afternoon. Who wouldn't want to stay at Elland Road rather than be exiled to the hell-hole that is the Nou Camp?

Yup. Just think; he can either play his football for one of the truly iconic giants of the game, against the pulsating backdrop of one of the most vibrant, exciting and culturally diverse cities in Europe - a destination for those seeking stunning architecture, world-class cuisine and sophisticated night life. Or alternatively he can go to Barcelona.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just spotted this in the Times. Amazing.

20220515_121424.jpg

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Looking likely that Raphinha will be off very shortly. I can't quite get my head round the quoted price (£65m - £75m). Is he that good? There are some absolutely crazy deals around at the moment!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Looking likely that Raphinha will be off very shortly. I can't quite get my head round the quoted price (£65m - £75m). Is he that good? There are some absolutely crazy deals around at the moment!

No he is not worth that much, only the elite will pay stupid money and they are welcome to him.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
If they do get that much for him then we should be getting at least the same for either Cucu or Tross if they do leave us as they are both every bit as good if not better than Raphinha

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
If they do get that much for him then we should be getting at least the same for either Cucu or Tross if they do leave us as they are both every bit as good if not better than Raphinha

Ex Leeds = at least double the money he’s worth. Always the way if you’re buying from the world champions of Europe.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Why does he want to leave now?

According to "The Plan" Leeds fans were so eager to share when they got promoted... let's see... last season was a top 3 finish and CL slot... so this season is... yes, here it is… "winning the PL without conceding a single goal, and being invited by FIFA to enter the World Cup instead of Argentina because we're so much better than any national squad."

Really don't get why Rapinha would want to walk away from that?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Outside rural Russia or the US bible belt states it's hard to imagine you'll find a set of people as detached from reality as Leeds fans.

I've love us to sign this Camara guy, just really because it would amuse to to see their reactions when we beat someone to their signature.

But really, it's only relegation for them that would satisfy my desire for schadenfreude

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Apologies if fixtures, but has anyone read the 'Who is your club's best loan signing of the Premier League era' article, on The Athletic? Ours in Aaron Mooy (because he's about the only loan signing we've had in the PL). Leeds' is obviously Ben White. The deluded Phil Hay forgets that White was their best player 2 days after he joined them. He wraps up with this;

"What Leeds got was an exceptional ball-playing centre-back, perfectly suited to Bielsa’s style and ever-present through their run to promotion (even playing on the day when Leeds were in celebration mode and half of the squad appeared to be hungover). Arsenal bought him for £50 million a year after he went back to Brighton. Bielsa should have asked for a cut of the fee."

'LOL'

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Apologies if fixtures, but has anyone read the 'Who is your club's best loan signing of the Premier League era' article, on The Athletic? Ours in Aaron Mooy (because he's about the only loan signing we've had in the PL). Leeds' is obviously Ben White. The deluded Phil Hay forgets that White was their best player 2 days after he joined them. He wraps up with this;

"What Leeds got was an exceptional ball-playing centre-back, perfectly suited to Bielsa’s style and ever-present through their run to promotion (even playing on the day when Leeds were in celebration mode and half of the squad appeared to be hungover). Arsenal bought him for £50 million a year after he went back to Brighton. Bielsa should have asked for a cut of the fee."

'LOL'

Bielsa should have given a cut of his salary to Brighton for enabling him to get the club he was managing promoted.
One of a few limited successes for the world's greatest coach.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

'LOL'

Ben White never played for Leeds in the Premier League.

If it actually does mean, "in the Premier league era" (i.e. best loan signing since 1992) then we'd have a ton of better candidates than Aaron Mooy. Bobby Zamora, for starters...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

'LOL'

How lucky are we that the magic dust of Bielsa didn't rub off over a whole season playing a division above where he played for Leeds for L'il Ole Brighton and enabled us to move him on for 50 million. Maybe they have a point :wink:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ben White never played for Leeds in the Premier League.

If it actually does mean, "in the Premier league era" (i.e. best loan signing since 1992) then we'd have a ton of better candidates than Aaron Mooy. Bobby Zamora, for starters...
Wayne Bridge! ...............Glenn Murray too, and wasn't Vicente on loan too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here