Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
IF Burnley beat Spurs just before our game, Leeds would effectively be relegated with a defeat to us (thanks to their massively awful GD).

No they wouldn't. They would still only be 2 points behind Everton who don't play until 4:30pm. We cannot relegate Leeds, and even when we win they still have a very slim chance of getting out of it. We can hammer a massive nail into the relegation coffin though.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
IF Burnley beat Spurs just before our game, Leeds would effectively be relegated with a defeat to us (thanks to their massively awful GD).

Not quite - Everton would still need a point from their last three. They are only two points above Leeds, so failing to pick up anything from Brentford, Palace and Arsenal would mean that Leeds could still overtake them by a point with a win against Brentford on the last day.

I think it very unlikely. Everton have two home games and whereas the talk of Elland Road being a cauldron that gains the home team points is not backed up by only 4 home wins all season against Burnley, Watford, Norwich and Palace, the Goodison effect seems real with Everton taking 10 from the last 15 points available at home, beating Newcastle, Chelsea and Man Utd and drawing with Leicester.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No they wouldn't. They would still only be 2 points behind Everton who don't play until 4:30pm. We cannot relegate Leeds, and even when we win they still have a very slim chance of getting out of it.

True..........but they could be down before we get back to Sussex though. Nice listen to an Everton win (or effectively a draw will do) on the way home after wins for Burnley and us and the journey will FLY by :lolol::lolol:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No they wouldn't. They would still only be 2 points behind Everton who don't play until 4:30pm. We cannot relegate Leeds, and even when we win they still have a very slim chance of getting out of it.

Well, you're right. But realistically Everton are going to get themselves out of trouble. Leeds are relying on finishing above Burnley.

I don't have a ticket for the game, but if I did I certainly wouldn't be letting the maths get in the way of the "going down" chants and the rest of the dogs abuse which they so richly deserve.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Well, you're right. But realistically Everton are going to get themselves out of trouble. Leeds are relying on finishing above Burnley.

I don't have a ticket for the game, but if I did I certainly wouldn't be letting the maths get in the way of the "going down" chants and the rest of the dogs abuse which they so richly deserve.

Since when has maths ever got in the way of a good "going down" chant. I hope those in attendance give it to Leeds with both barrels.

The fairytale ending to the season would be Leeds clinging on until the last day and Brentford sending them down, but with the games in hand Burnley and Everton have i think it will be done and dusted by mid-week if it isn't at 6:30pm on Saturday evening.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
There could be some egg on faces if we don't beat Leeds on Sunday.

If we do, and they go down, then fill your boots!

I think they are down if they only draw. I think burnley only need 1 point from 3 games to stay up.

Don’t forget they have brentford and the Leeds players were signing songs about the brentford manager two years ago. Brentford are nailed on to beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Absolutely this. Burnley could get stuffed in the lunchtime KO, but it won't stop me singing 'down with the Norwich/Watford' with gusto if we're beating them.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
If Burnley beat Spurs, then I think I'll fly to Elland Road on the back of a pig to cheer your lot on. Tarkowski and Mee are both injured. Good luck, because Leeds losing the last two is our best hope!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The will they won’t they relegation battle involving Leeds and Everton has been infinitely more exciting than Citeh v Liverpool up the other end. Genuinely couldn’t give a shit about who wins the PL these days because it goes to the highest bidder. But…

…the sangfroid nature of relative riches badly spent and almighty egos crushed is far more entertaining. If only MASSIVE Wednesday were the 3rd donkey in that Derby it would be brilliant. But they’re not. On account of being beyond shit already. Embarrassingly so.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm definitely hoping Burnley avoid the drop, so obviously hoping for a Brighton win. In my mind there will be only 2 other teams to finish above next season (worse case scenario)
Sorry to any Burnley fans looking in for any disrespect, not intended.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Dirty s time out the limelight (of sorts )
Still hasn’t taught them any amount of Humility
Send em down and down and down some more
They have a special amount of disdain towards Brentford as well as us
Undeserving of the position in the league type bollox
They can beggar off

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I'm definitely hoping Burnley avoid the drop, so obviously hoping for a Brighton win. In my mind there will be only 2 other teams to finish above next season (worse case scenario)
Sorry to any Burnley fans looking in for any disrespect, not intended.
None taken. Frankly, I said the same about Brighton last summer - I expected you to struggle so badly for goals that you would be well down there. Shows what I know.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Dirty s time out the limelight (of sorts )
Still hasn’t taught them any amount of Humility
Send em down and down and down some more
They have a special amount of disdain towards Brentford as well as us
Undeserving of the position in the league type bollox
They can beggar off

Shows how far they have fallen though, from genuine rivalries with Man Utd, Chelsea etc.. now rivals with little old Brighton and Brentford, and the big boys not giving two hoots.

Hopefully we can play a part in sending the former sleeping giant back to bed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here