Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Leeds fans will soon discover they aren’t the biggest club in the world as the footballing food chain kicks in and bigger fish start circling. Deciding between either the lifestyle, weather and culture of Leeds over Barcelona is going to take some soul searching from Raphinha.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
They were supposed to have qualified for the Champions League during their second season back in the PL. Looks like they might have to settle for the Championship instead.

Deluded Leeds fans.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn't watch the Leeds game but I was listening to it, with great glee, whilst out for a run.

I was delighted to hear Sunday's game described as a "Cup Final" for Leeds, as well as being their biggest game since being promoted.

You got the jester hats ready for your 2 cup finals next year against the Mighty Leeds??

So, have YOU got your jester hat ready, or is it just your players donning the jester hats these days?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Could we please unban Killer Whale and ask him for his expert interpretation of Hamlet's Act 3 Scene 4 speech where the title character muses:

"For ’tis the sport to have the enginer
Hoist with his own petard; and ’t shall go hard
But I will delve one yard below their mines
And blow them at the moon."

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I didn't watch the Leeds game but I was listening to it, with great glee, whilst out for a run.

I was delighted to hear Sunday's game described as a "Cup Final" for Leeds, as well as being their biggest game since being promoted.

So, have YOU got your jester hat ready, or is it just your players donning the jester hats these days?

Won’t fit over my Cucu wig :lol:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
they are not all deluded - from their forum today:

"Not now, we're down.

Our weakened squad won't cope with the likes of Trossard, Lamptey, Bissouma, Caicedo, Mac Allister, even Danny Welbeck will have a field day against us on Sunday."

which is nice

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Second season syndrome definitely appears to be rife in Yorkshire. Bradford, Huddersfield, Sheff Utd and now Leeds look to have caught it.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I know a Weeds United fan who always harps on about "but we play good attractive attacking football"...I always reply with " do you, shame you forgot to defend then!"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
they are not all deluded - from their forum today:

"Not now, we're down.

Our weakened squad won't cope with the likes of Trossard, Lamptey, Bissouma, Caicedo, Mac Allister, even Danny Welbeck will have a field day against us on Sunday."

which is nice
Yes - almost feels a bit unfair to re-open this thread now - they are far from deluded now!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I know they regard the ‘Dirty Leeds’ tag as a bit of a compliment, but,97 yellow cards in one season, a Premier League record, btw, is taking it a bit far, isn’t it?

58 more booking than goals scored.
Edit: so far.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I know a Weeds United fan who always harps on about "but we play good attractive attacking football"...I always reply with " do you, shame you forgot to defend then!"

If you don't mind me asking, why have you chosen your user name and avatar? From your posts you are obviously a Brighton fan, but the name and the white rose confuse me.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Every Albion fan going up at the weekend should take some time to read back this thread.

We need to be absolutely hammering them with total dogs abuse as revenge for the stance they took over Ben White.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Most of your forum reckoned Leeds were going straight down at the start of the season.

Leeds are on an upward trajectory now. San Francisco 49'ers have invested £50m that will be used to develop the stadium, training ground. Everyone keeps banging on about how many goals we concede but both our CB signings have been injured as well as our backup CB so like Liverpool we have had 3 CBs injured for most of the season. This has left us playing two left-footed CB's which is far from ideal but it looks like we have found one.

Next season we will buy a left-back and a central midfield playmaker not to mention our crop of U23 players who top their league by 10 pts and play just as good attacking football as the first team.
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here