Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think for the first time the media love in with Bielsa's Leeds is starting to fade.
Lawro in his predictions said

"Leeds have bigger problems, though. You can't play the way they do against Liverpool and expect to get away with it, but they just don't have a Plan B.

I'm expecting a reaction from Spurs, but I don't think Leeds can do anything different, especially with Patrick Bamford and Kalvin Phillips still out injured, which is why they have been dragged into a relegation scrap."

Is this the start of the end for the wankfest over Leeds- are they finally seeing what most on this thread were pointing out 2 years ago- if you only play one way, and can not change in anyway regardless of the situation you find yourself in, you arent a tactical genius- you are a numpty

I warrant Brighton change their tactics more in one half than Leeds have in 3 years. GP was one of the first to realise how to nullify Leeds, the only surprise is that its taken this long for everyone else to cotton on

If Burnley, Newcastle continue picking up points, Leeds could find themselves in the bottom 3 in a couple of weeks- lovely

Agbonlahor was really laying into Bielsa on the radio earlier in the week - saying most Sunday League managers would have done a better job against Liverpool.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think for the first time the media love in with Bielsa's Leeds is starting to fade.
Lawro in his predictions said

" I don't think Leeds can do anything different, especially with Patrick Bamford and Kalvin Phillips still out injured"

Phillips is the key. He is a perfect fit in the quarter back role that Bielsa's system needs. Without him, as we found out whilst doing the double over them last season, the system does not work. They have nobody else in the squad who can do it. When they were in the Championship they had that Ben White kid who could sub for Phillips in defensive midfield. It was a huge mistake to sell him when they got promoted.... They just allowed Brighton to make a quick £50 million profit for a player who was nothing before Bielsa made him.

On a more serious note, Ollie Norwood was the obvious buy last summer. He would have been a perfect fit as back up for Phillips. He played the role for both Reading and particularly Sheffield United, playing some of the best football of his career.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sussex Live: Leeds United told to make big transfer move that could impact Brighton or Leicester City.
https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-united-told-make-big-6714982

G. Pott or Rogers??

Why on earth would Leeds fans want Potter? They made it clear last season that Potter is a fraud and not fit to sub in for Bielsa's weird bucket seat, let alone sit on it. I suppose that on the plus side, they're may be right about not being our rivals for long so a stopped clock will be right eventually.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Why on earth would Leeds fans want Potter?

Not to mention why would Potter want Leeds? Their fans keep going on about their recent achievements being special because of their playing budget being small. Their training set up their is no better than ours. He has no connection with their club and, other than historical success, which is, to state the obvious, history, they provide nothing that Brighton don't provide to an ambitious manager.

I've seen comments from some of their fans saying that they like Potter and would be happy for him to get the job when Bielsa eventually leaves. Its just further evidence of their delusion about where their club stands in the wider scheme of things. I know it must seem that you are special if you continuously say it to each other, (and if TV companies can't seem to make a reality TV show without putting the word 'Yorkshire' in front of it) but you really aren't. Those of us living in reality may be nervous if the likes of Leicester or Wolves lost their manager, but won't lose a moment's sleep about you losing yours.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not to mention why would Potter want Leeds?

Maybe he LOVES the city? He started his coaching career at the University there, and studied there, for his masters in emotional goobledegook.

Their training set up their is no better than ours.

It is vastly inferior.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I hope Mr Constipated stays at Leeds - he's doing a cracking job, or is trying to but just can't squeeze 1 more turd from his team!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sussex Live: Leeds United told to make big transfer move that could impact Brighton or Leicester City.
https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-united-told-make-big-6714982

G. Pott or Rogers??

What's Alec Mcleash going on about, these people should by asked why would Potter go to Leeds.
I get pissed off with all these so called pundits touting GP to other clubs as if he has done as much as he can at Brighton and has hit the ceiling here.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
What's Alec Mcleash going on about, these people should by asked why would Potter go to Leeds.
I get pissed off with all these so called pundits touting GP to other clubs as if he has done as much as he can at Brighton and has hit the ceiling here.

Annoying but inevitable.

He’s got a steadily improving cv - sadly it’s just when he picks his time when a bigger job comes up.

Won’t be Leeds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Leeds are only the second side in Premier League history to concede 3+ goals in five consecutive matches in the competition, after Sunderland in November 2005.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I right in thinking there's only one top-knot playing for The Leeds United?

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I really don't understand it, I thought Bielsa was supposed to be able to take average players and turn them into £50m internationals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here