[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was summed up for me by his patronising little comment about Leeds having a history of great managers, wondering whether any of us were aware that, among others, Brian Clough had been their manager. Unsurprisingly, we were aware mate. We were also aware of a major reason why Clough failed at Elland Road. Peter Taylor wasn't there to sign the players. He was still down here signing Nobby Horton, Andy Rollings & Peter Ward.

:lolol:

:bowdown:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm afraid I couldn't help myself and let myself down today. I was serving a family from Leeds in our local bookshop, and the lad had a Leeds quilted top on. I felt obliged to ask him in a rather gloating tone whether he was looking forward to championship football next year, ha ha. He looked quite upset.

He was only eight.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'm afraid I couldn't help myself and let myself down today. I was serving a family from Leeds in our local bookshop, and the lad had a Leeds quilted top on. I felt obliged to ask him in a rather gloating tone whether he was looking forward to championship football next year, ha ha. He looked quite upset.

He was only eight.

I liked that. Bit cruel - but fair.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Have they won the champions league yet?

Or at least have they not won it and claimed to have?

:lolol::lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What I want to know is, if Bielsa can turn a nothing player like Ben White into a 50m player and England squad member then why hasn't he just done it again. He has got a huge squad of average players that just need the Biela shine.

Surely he can do this 18 times and they can return to the pinnacle of European competition, AKA being beaten in the final.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
What I want to know is, if Bielsa can turn a nothing player like Ben White into a 50m player and England squad member then why hasn't he just done it again. He has got a huge squad of average players that just need the Biela shine.

Surely he can do this 18 times and they can return to the pinnacle of European competition, AKA being beaten in the final.

Did you not see Luke Ayling's performance against Liverpool? All down to Bielsa, that.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

He was only eight.

I think you erred on the side of the positive. Last time they went down from the PL they were in n League 1 only three seasons later. If you were a bad person you would have said that. Don’t beat yourself up.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I think for the first time the media love in with Bielsa's Leeds is starting to fade.
Lawro in his predictions said

"Leeds have bigger problems, though. You can't play the way they do against Liverpool and expect to get away with it, but they just don't have a Plan B.

I'm expecting a reaction from Spurs, but I don't think Leeds can do anything different, especially with Patrick Bamford and Kalvin Phillips still out injured, which is why they have been dragged into a relegation scrap."

Is this the start of the end for the wankfest over Leeds- are they finally seeing what most on this thread were pointing out 2 years ago- if you only play one way, and can not change in anyway regardless of the situation you find yourself in, you arent a tactical genius- you are a numpty

I warrant Brighton change their tactics more in one half than Leeds have in 3 years. GP was one of the first to realise how to nullify Leeds, the only surprise is that its taken this long for everyone else to cotton on

If Burnley, Newcastle continue picking up points, Leeds could find themselves in the bottom 3 in a couple of weeks- lovely

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think for the first time the media love in with Bielsa's Leeds is starting to fade.

"Leeds have bigger problems, though. You can't play the way they do against Liverpool and expect to get away with it, but they just don't have a Plan B.

I'm expecting a reaction from Spurs, but I don't think Leeds can do anything different, especially with Patrick Bamford and Kalvin Phillips still out injured, which is why they have been dragged into a relegation scrap."

Is this the start of the end for the wankfest over Leeds- are they finally seeing what most on this thread were pointing out 2 years ago- if you only play one way, and can not change in anyway regardless of the situation you find yourself in, you arent a tactical genius- you are a numpty

I warrant Brighton change their tactics more in one half than Leeds have in 3 years. GP was one of the first to realise how to nullify Leeds, the only surprise is that its taken this long for everyone else to cotton on

If Burnley, Newcastle continue picking up points, Leeds could find themselves in the bottom 3 in a couple of weeks- lovely

I agree. I was listening to Football Weekly last night and Rushden posed the question: "At what point to Leeds think about trying a new tactic?" (paraphrased).

Leeds are undoubtedly missing Cooper, Bamford and Phillips just as we would if we missed Maupay, Dunk and Bissouma, but what I'm struggling to work out is why Bielsa hasn't just "done another Ben White" and turned their sh*t back ups into world beaters.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

It might sound unlikely but IF Burnley win 1 of their games this week, Newcastle beat an out of sorts Brentford and Everton scrape a point against City and Leeds get beaten by Spurs then they could be in the bottom 3 as
early as Monday evening!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sussex Live: Leeds United told to make big transfer move that could impact Brighton or Leicester City.
https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-united-told-make-big-6714982

G. Pott or Rogers??

Excellent. A manager described as being linked with Manchester Utd is in the same breath linked with a club in freefall and heading back to the 2nd division. Certainly lives up to the ‘deluded’ theme of the thread. I think Leeds should go for Klopp or Guardiola.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I posted this on the Premier League tonight thread.

It’s another level of delusion at dirty Leeds . Copied from twitter tonight,

Leeds with no rudder, a sinking ship. There /are/ three worse teams, but we’re now squinting to find them.

But to turn on Bielsa is absolute insanity. There is no better man to be in charge.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sussex Live: Leeds United told to make big transfer move that could impact Brighton or Leicester City.
https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-united-told-make-big-6714982

G. Pott or Rogers??

If Brendan Rodger’s were to get the sack from Leicester - which I don’t think would happen - I couldn’t see him wanting to go there.

And why would Mr potter want to go there anyway? He’s better off and in the middle of a project where he is.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Ashworth going to Newcastle just shows that nothing is beyond the realms of possibility. It's unlikely definitely, but nothing surprises me in football at this point.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Ashworth going to Newcastle just shows that nothing is beyond the realms of possibility. It's unlikely definitely, but nothing surprises me in football at this point.

very different circumstances though. Ashworth has got the dream job in world football. Basically playing football manager in real like with an open cheque book to do with as he pleases.

Leeds are going in one direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports