Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Ah I remember the good old days when we would spend weeks on threads slagging off that feral lot up the road but now it seems we have a new breed of brain dead morons to focus on! The PL is filling up with teams who are proving increasingly easy to dislike - Palace, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, Arsenal, Man City.

Leeds however are currently leading the pack with a rich vein of delusions of grandeur and the prerequisite sense of entitlement. They don't seem to have any concept of how difficult the step up from the Championship is and think just because they are Leeds it will pose no problem. They are still a Championship squad minus their best player (who still happens to be ours) and will need to get a shifty on and start signing some players. I suspect Bielsa is waiting to see if he is going to be provided adequate funds to rebuild the team and be able to compete in the PL, if it transpires he will be constrained by a meagre budget he will be off like a shot. Leeds will likely be bottom 6 by Xmas and much will depend on whether Bielsa can be arsed to stay or fancy his chances somewhere more exotic.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Would you ever consider making up a chant for players not even at your club? [emoji1787]

https://twitter.com/bensuperparker/status/1290768497321156608

Clearly you are unfamiliar with the Tim Rice of NSC, Mr [MENTION=1530]mejonaNO12 aka riskit[/MENTION] a man with an impeccable lyric for any player linked to the Albion.

Although I am in no way comparing that farce of a song to the majestic creations of mejonano12 aka riskit.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Government support and infrastructure projects?? What a load of bollocks. And he's talking as if Leeds are immune from the financial effects of the lockdown.

This is true, according to Naylor's interview with Bloom in the Athletic. Women's training ground expansion and the new external toilets at the Amex have been put on hold, and we dont qualify for some of the govt support afforded to other firms. How it is relevant to the signing of White I dont know though! Bloom merely pointed out that our losses were large as we've had to buy lots of players to 'catch up', and in the long term the ins and outs will be more balanced. Very odd analysis from the Leeds fan, not that that is surprising, mind.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Odds on next Barcelona manager. One name is surprising.???

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 09.33.02.png

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
"Leeds only have £45m so they're playing hardball. That works in our favour".

This sponge has literally no idea how demand and supply work does he. 'We don't have much money, £25m would be a lot of our budget, so Brighton will have to say yes to a lower price - that's hardball'. That degree in Social Studies from Brandford Poly serving you well there matey!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

This sponge has literally no idea how demand and supply work does he. 'We don't have much money, £25m would be a lot of our budget, so Brighton will have to say yes to a lower price - that's hardball'. That degree in Social Studies from Brandford Poly serving you well there matey!

His logic = 2 People looking at buying a house, 1 offers £300k because that's all they can afford, the other offers £310k because he has more money. The vendor sells to the first person because he realised he couldn't afford any more and felt that hardball approach put him under pressure to sell. What moron applies that logic? A Leeds moron that's who. I realise these figures will purchase a whole street in Leeds.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Government support and infrastructure projects?? What a load of bollocks. And he's talking as if Leeds are immune from the financial effects of the lockdown.

Exactly this, they’re making a illogical leap because Tony was discussing the loss of revenue due to COVID.

However this is not a Brighton issue, this is a global issue and Leeds too will have a loss of revenue. They don’t seem to grasp that, but then I probably shouldn’t be surprised.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

This sponge has literally no idea how demand and supply work does he. 'We don't have much money, £25m would be a lot of our budget, so Brighton will have to say yes to a lower price - that's hardball'.

:lolol::lolol:

By that measure, Harrogate Town could buy him - they could play even harder ball

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
His logic = 2 People looking at buying a house, 1 offers £300k because that's all they can afford, the other offers £310k because he has more money. The vendor sells to the first person because he realised he couldn't afford any more and felt that hardball approach put him under pressure to sell. What moron applies that logic? A Leeds moron that's who. I realise these figures will purchase a whole street in Leeds.

Yeah this seems to be a common trope as well. “Well £20m is fair, that should be enough to do the deal.. is win win for them...”

They don’t seem to grasp that for this deal, he is our asset, under secure contract. We are not obligated to sell at market value... or at all if we so wish. If you don’t think he’s worth £40m, you may well be right but it doesn’t matter it’s our call.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

:lolol::rolleyes::ffsparr:

Think you were thinking of Stoke there.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Possibly but house price average in Leeds is around £200,000 whilst Brighton is double that.

This is true, there's a reason we live here! The disparity is much greater, I think, with a 3-bed semi in the nicest areas costing ~£3-400k, but in the more, er, gritty areas more like £100k. This does mean most people can afford somewhere to live though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is true, there's a reason we live here! The disparity is much greater, I think, with a 3-bed semi in the nicest areas costing ~£3-400k, but in the more, er, gritty areas more like £100k. This does mean most people can afford somewhere to live though.

That kind of disparity is why I am comparatively poor now that I live in Sussex and not Liverpool. At least it is sunnier here!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I cannot wait until we give those eecky thump bellends a leathering they’ll never forget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here