Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I see Guillerme Ballbag was linking Leeds to Rodrigo of Valencia last night. Obviously that created a flurry of excitement and a few standard sound bites of “ if we him we’re deffo going top 6” .

Rodrigo scored scored 4 goals in 27 appearances last season.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
@%1; I’m astonished you work in education as you clearly can’t even grasp the purpose of the loan system and what “evidence” is.

“Everyone knows Ben wants to leave..”, “we all know he wants to leave as he’s turned down multiple contracts”... “he’ll play and develop more under Bielsa”.. are suppositions and not evidence.

Here are some facts for the discussion, now I’d like to do the same next time you contribute, and I would have higher standards for a teacher, frankly.

Fact 1
Brighton have said “not for sale” just prior to the loan and in 3 subsequent bids. The club has been very consistent in this manner.

Fact 2
Graham Potter, Dan Ashworth and Paul Barber are on record as saying it’s always been in our plans to have Ben return to the club and step up into the team.

Fact 3
Ben has not made a transfer request

Fact 4
Ben has purchased a house near the training ground.

Fact 5
Ben has 2 years remaining on his contract.

These are substantiated facts, not rumour, suppositions or fantasies. Actual evidence.

Now what facts do you have to add to the discussion to counter any of the above? No, “well I know a friend of a friend who went on holiday with him”, or “he’s turned down multiple contracts lol” delusions.

Please support your claim that Ben “clearly” wants to leave. Over to you.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I see Guillerme Ballbag was linking Leeds to Rodrigo of Valencia last night. Obviously that created a flurry of excitement and a few standard sound bites of “ if we him we’re deffo going top 6” .

Rodrigo scored scored 4 goals in 27 appearances last season.

Look at the desperate responses to Hay's transfer tweet above about Rodrigo, very funny.

Also, the way they treat and communicate with Hay is really weird. Again just smacks of desperation and a strange need to be relevant.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
You know once someone resorts to abuse, one always knows either their argument or they themselves are inferior.

There is no contradiction at all in my post and it's pretty clear you don't have a scooby. To quote you 'it's not about the coaching they get'. So, according to your well thought through philosophy, any old ****er can become a good player if they are given competitive football to toughen them up. Excellent, let's close down schools and get the kids on the street.

I'm guessing you hated school and have educated yourself through life. It's fine, there are many ways to skin a cat. Like in the education system, young players need coaching and support and then they take that onto the field and reproduce what they have learned. Some will develop favourably and will find they are no longer challenged by the level at which they are playing. It could be they are ready for first team football but, given the pressure that exists for results, their next development could equally be served by being loaned. That's why your club uses it and why LUFC will loan with a different agenda this season, to give opportunities and a more rounded experience.

Why have we only just started down this route? Because our club has been ****ed over for 16 years by lowlife owners who screwed our academy and cut costs across the board.

p.s. i generally find WUM's keep it short and simple . . . think it's in the job description.

First off, an apology. I mixed you up with a different poster on Waccoe. In general, you are quite polite and reasonable on there, which is fairly rare - so that's my bad.

Second, your reply here has mixed up what I meant, so the rest of it is a bit pointless - I entirely agree with what you are saying. When I said "it's not about the coaching they get", I don't mean that coaching is not important - I would have thought that was blindingly obvious. I simply mean that the loan model is about the next stage of evolution. After they have been through the academy and PL2, it is likely that some competitive football will be a great benefit. I mean that the loan model is not about trying to find a club with better coaches than ours - the way you deal with that is by looking at your coaching - it's about getting the player some experience and in White's case, toughening him up ready for the PL. Perhaps it turns out that he didn't need it - we'll never know if he would have flourished in the PL right off the bat or not.

It was clearly an attractive option for us - no risk to our campaign, get a player we rate highly to feature in a significant number of games - also under a very well regarded manager. We can't really lose with that. Just like Clarke at Derby.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 11.54.42.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Leeds lot now ingratiating themselves with the Rangers continent on Twitter. The poor Scottish sods will now have to go through all this s*** [emoji38]

https://twitter.com/sjdewar1990/status/1296757312170926081

Hilarious....their delusion is boundless. On the plus side the amount of material we have to drag up when things go tits up is IMMENSE

...and in other news they don't see us as a rival (according to numbnuts here who doesn't understand how betting markets work)

https://twitter.com/kevinBa35519097/status/1296762369973125121?s=20

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ben White isn't in the pic of the LUFC players wearing the new kit. Has something happened?

Lots of “interest” but feck all happening, long may it continue. Leeds are clearly not the big draw that so many of their fans think they are. Complete and utter Norwich style relegation fodder as things stand.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Bielsa was strongly rumoured to have a list of players that would need to be recruited for him to sign his deal. I am sure it is just purely coincidence that at the same point no significant signings have been made and clubs are refusing their offers that the manager has not signed.

No it must be because he is so busy with training he has not had a chance in the last 6 weeks to sign a deal. Yes that will be it that makes perfect sense it will all be fine, yes it will all be fine, it’s what he does it will all be fine PLEASE LET IT ALL BE FINE

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53845500?__twitter_impression=true

His contract expired at the end of the season, but Kinnear is confident Bielsa will sign a new deal shortly.

"I know fans are nervous, it makes me a bit nervous, but I don't think there is any reason to be," he said.

"Marcelo is absolutely focused on training, but like last season where I know everyone was nervous about the contract, it is about him getting the time to focus on signing it.

"While we have conversations pretty much daily, it tends to be about the season preparations rather than his contract."

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Or.. he’s not for sale and he’s happy here? Crazy theory I know...

https://twitter.com/foxintheriver81/status/1296759432148287489

I wonder when, if at all, they'll start to click that both Brighton and Ben White are in a win win situation and they're the only one's that aren't.

It's like that poker quote:

If you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you.

Leeds fans don't seem able to tell who the sucker is...

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Oh good, now it is time for Leeds are bigger than Rangers, Oscar the Grouch is better than Gerrard, Kent's cousin's hamster is from Leeds, etc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bielsa was strongly rumoured to have a list of players that would need to be recruited for him to sign his deal. I am sure it is just purely coincidence that at the same point no significant signings have been made and clubs are refusing their offers that the manager has not signed.

No it must be because he is so busy with training he has not had a chance in the last 6 weeks to sign a deal. Yes that will be it that makes perfect sense it will all be fine, yes it will all be fine, it’s what he does it will all be fine PLEASE LET IT ALL BE FINE

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53845500?__twitter_impression=true

His contract expired at the end of the season, but Kinnear is confident Bielsa will sign a new deal shortly.

"I know fans are nervous, it makes me a bit nervous, but I don't think there is any reason to be," he said.

"Marcelo is absolutely focused on training, but like last season where I know everyone was nervous about the contract, it is about him getting the time to focus on signing it.

"While we have conversations pretty much daily, it tends to be about the season preparations rather than his contract."

Waiting for the promised player signings before he signs probably...can you imagine the reaction from Leeds fans if he walks because they didn’t sign BW and others on his list?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here