Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I believe the comment about the FA effing the club over is in relation to the breaking news of sanctions for using fireworks to celebrate their promotion/title win, not the Liverpool fixture.

I assumed it was moaning about the opening fixture as he was replying to Leeds tweet about memorable opening day fixtures. Either way the victim complex still applies.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't know about that, I was thinking purely in terms of White buying himself out of his contract,

One thing that no-one has mentioned in this saga, as far as I can see, is what happens in January when we leave the EU. Players have freedom of movement because of EU regulations (that's how Bosman came about) but what if the government rescinded EU labour laws? It could be that even after White's contract is up, a club would still have to pay a fee to buy him.

It's surprising that none of the EU stuff on this site has mentioned this, but it must be a very real possibility

Is it EU rules or UEFA rules?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I didn't know about that, I was thinking purely in terms of White buying himself out of his contract,

One thing that no-one has mentioned in this saga, as far as I can see, is what happens in January when we leave the EU. Players have freedom of movement because of EU regulations (that's how Bosman came about) but what if the government rescinded EU labour laws? It could be that even after White's contract is up, a club would still have to pay a fee to buy him.

It's surprising that none of the EU stuff on this site has mentioned this, but it must be a very real possibility

the EU related is implemented in UK law, so that would have to be repealed or replaced. then on the first case a club tried this, it would be contested in UK courts, good chance the same outcome as in europe. thats if UEFA/FA rules havent changed to reflect law anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am genuinely interested to see how an alleged top class manager does with the nucleus of a Championship team in the PL. It’s going to be like seeing Pep or Klopp trying it. Bielsa is THAT good, right?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
the EU related is implemented in UK law, so that would have to be repealed or replaced.

Which is why I wrote that the UK government would have to rescind them. I can't see any club trying this on unless they've been repealed but if the government does want to purge EU laws from the statute book, then this is a real possibility

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Probably covered by the EU Withdrawal Bill 2018, which Brings all EU laws on to the UK books. The Act is essentially a giant ‘copy and paste’ exercise. It means that laws and regulation made over the past 40 years while the UK was a member of the EU will continue to apply after Brexit.

So, essentially nothing will change, unless the Government specifically rescind it. Any suggestion that rescinding the Bosman ruling is likely to be on their agenda? Seems unlikely.

Apologies: already covered I see.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Probably covered by the EU Withdrawal Bill 2018, which Brings all EU laws on to the UK books. The Act is essentially a giant ‘copy and paste’ exercise. It means that laws and regulation made over the past 40 years while the UK was a member of the EU will continue to apply after Brexit.

So, essentially nothing will change, unless the Government specifically rescind it. Any suggestion that rescinding the Bosman ruling is likely to be on their agenda? Seems unlikely.

I wasn't thinking that there'd be a specific Bosman law but Bosman happened because of FoM legislation. I wonder whether that has or will be rescinded.

I don't know but if the government wants to purge EU laws, FoM would be a good place to start.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Important update.

Bielsa contract is totally sorted. Rock solid. Waterproof. All parties are agreed.

Now it's just a case of finding the time to sign it.

Things are really busy. All go go go. Gonna be tricky to find a time to sign, but definitely a priority.

Screenshot (207).png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wasn't thinking that there'd be a specific Bosman law but Bosman happened because of FoM legislation. I wonder whether that has or will be rescinded.

I don't know but if the government wants to purge EU laws, FoM would be a good place to start.
FoM and FoM (for footballers, a la Bosman, from team to team) are two very differengt things!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Important update.

Bielsa contract is totally sorted. Rock solid. Waterproof. All parties are agreed.

Now it's just a case of finding the time to sign it.

Things are really busy. All go go go. Gonna be tricky to find a time to sign, but definitely a priority.

View attachment 127436

I'm sure he'll sign, but why it takes so long to put a signature on a few bits of paper is beyond me.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I'm sure he'll sign, but why it takes so long to put a signature on a few bits of paper is beyond me.

Yeah. I expect him to do it too.

Weird to state the vague deadline for his signature as sometime before the Premier League season starts.
At least they are managing expectations to some extent.

I think Bielsa wants to see the board sign players. And this might be a form of pressure?
Problem is potential players coming in want to know he's committed.
It's a vicious circle.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just gone on to Waccoe for the first time. Interesting, to say the least. One of the first posts I read was a reply to a reasoned comment on Ben White being “assessed” by Brighton, the post read “shut the f*** up, c*** face”. :laugh:

Totally standard for them. Any reasonable attempt at a debate results in angry swearing and screaming for a mod, and then a ban. Pathetic bunch of wnakers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here