Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I was wondering whether Leeds deserve a thread with 3000 posts. Reading this last post of the thread, the answer, clearly, is a resounding 'yes'. R & G, had they be alive, would have been waiting for Godot.

It's definately funnier than a Shakespearean "Comedy". Some say the The Dick Emery Show hasn't aged well.....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What are the facts from our club? He’s not for sale...

Maybe you don’t have to believe everything you read?

Gullible [emoji3581]

https://twitter.com/farside1/status/1295810529269878786
Congratulations. You've found a Leeds fan on Twatter with more than one brain cell (and, TBF, I'm doing him an injustice there - he understands the situation perfectly).

I expect to see his entrails dangling from the Billy Bremner statue by Friday.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We can only talk to our own experience.

I went to a bog standard comprehensive school in the 70's and studied Macbeth, Midsummer Night's Dream, The Merchant of Venice, Henry IV Part One, Othello and Hamlet in full and in great depth.

My son, who went to a (non fee paying) Grammar School studied Macbeth and Othello and part of Romeo and Juliet. He studied no Chaucer, and wasn't offered Latin as an option. When we were playing charades at Christmas it became clear that he didn't know Coriolanus is a play.

His school was much better than mine, but the curriculum wasn't.

The irony is that he went to Oxford to study French. There of course the teaching is superb but they have to start from scratch with literature. My French A Level involved the study of L'Etranger, Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme, Candide, Rhinoceros and Le Grand Meaulnes all in full and in depth. His French A Level had no literature to speak of at all! He had to bone up on a bit of Ionesco and Camus for the interview. They were rather surprised he had even read that, that is how low their expectations of A Level are.

His French is way way better and his knowledge of French literature is now fantastic and far surpasses mine. But O and A Level literature is a joke compared to how it used to be. And it isn't the schools, his school was very good. It is the exam boards and the system itself.

The decline is hardly likely to have been improved by this year's fiasco btw. Where you don't even have to take an exam you just get whatever grade the teacher thinks you deserve. Meaning the number of A star and A grades have increased by 38% year on year...

Yeh right - so now we're all gagging to know what your geography lessons were like. Just post the info on some Leeds site (I understand you're too posh for Waccoe; on there, Latin would bring you into disrepute as a slightly more intelligent Wancoe than the rest of 'em ................

Pick another Leeds site, or Twatter. If your post's any good we'll track it down and laugh at it, OK?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I love this statement. So vague.

https://twitter.com/goldingo/status/1295810755200262144?s=20

But can Leeds afford:
200.gif

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
300 pages on a club's fans with which you have zero connection, rivalry or history of anything untoward.

Must be a slow news day.

:hilton:

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Noel ****ing Whelan exclusive again :clap::banana:

I actually applaud the guy doing these interviews with him, shit journalists lap it up as soon as a 'former player' comments on it and make it appear credible. Pretty smart.

Should be shot; utter f*****g clown who pissed up his own career but thinks he understands football.

To make it even worse, our dull but steady BBC Radio Leeds match commentator has become a mumbling idiot now this fool has joined him for match days.

Noel Whelen, Paul Robinson and Danny Mills. Three utter nobodies in the grand scheme of things - Whelen on the piss, Mills counting his coin he took from us when we were on our knees and Robinson, the overrated who lost us legend Nigel Martyn because he was young - yet wheeled out ad nauseam for quotes and comments on the club. Not even sure if they have a brain cell between them based on their suggestions for players we 'must buy' in these media whore click bait sites, which contradicts everything the club has said about the profile of players we will be seeking.

For us, it is Tony Dorigo and Eddie Gray who speak for the club with intelligence and affection.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
300 pages on a club's fans with which you have zero connection, rivalry or history of anything untoward.

Must be a slow news day.

You're nothing special. Just this month's chip forks, or bottle tops.

Check the name of the site. You're not on North Stand Reticence.

300 pages is nothing. We've done more on honey badgers.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No, I think you'll scrape through again.

WBA and Fulham will take two of those relegation slots and pretty sure Palace will be there or thereabouts.

And I think you'll scrape through too, but honestly dont think you'll get anywhere near top 10 like some of your fans and everything is also conditional on Bielsa staying, who you buy, and if they're a Success of another JK Augustin.

95% of clubs arent as good as Liverpool at avoiding bad buys, we've had a few 15-20 million shockers and no doubt you will too at some point as Augustin proves.

Whatever inflated opinions Leeds fans have of themselves wont matter a jot. If you finish 17th in first season like Villa this year, that should be deemed a success anything above a bonus. How many losses on the bounce until the fans turn on MB?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Must be a slow news day.

You've certainly brightened up our off-season so far

If your team is as entertaining on the pitch as your fans are on the interweb then the Premier League is in for a treat.

We can easily do 300 pages bickering amongst ourselves over very little, throw in some deluded and entitled away fans who can't understand why we don't want to sell one of our brightest prospects, and this thread can run and run.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Must be a slow news day.

It's more the laughs fans are getting from how ****ing dumb Leeds fans are.

It's was always known they were thick as pig shit but to have it confirmed in such a hilarious way has been priceless entertainment.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

Must be a slow news day.

if you chaps could understand some simple constructs, this thread wouldn't have made it to the bottom of the first page.

slow news day :lolol:

what are you doing on this board? how's your close season going? made any signings yet? manager perhaps? no? oh. :moo:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Must be a slow news day.

Well re football news, yeah, very slow at the moment. So laughing at Leeds fans getting irate/angry/delusional etc about Ben White has been fun in the meantime.

Youve made 2 bids for him, both rejected because we don't want to sell him to a Premier League rival and because we rate him highly. There is literally nothing more to the story, but your fans have turned it into a huge saga and made it all extremely entertaining.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Must be a slow news day.

.....it’s only being kept alive by the continued deluded rambling of your lot, and it’s entertaining us in the close season. No need to feel special either - as others have said, there are MUCH longer threads/more posts about badgers, unsigned players and drinking on a Fridat. You keep feeding it, we’ll keep amusing ourselves.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
95% of clubs arent as good as Liverpool at avoiding bad buys, we've had a few 15-20 million shockers and no doubt you will too at some point as Augustin proves.

Sure we had a few disasters in the last couple of years, but have a read of this http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/the-astonishing-value-of-brighton-hove-albions-defenders/ They value our defence at 180m bought for 49m, not bad business, unfortunately we may capitalize on some of that with Dunk moving on, but then we have BW and Lallana to fill his rolls. This is what Leeds do not seem to understand a well run club has options and doesn't piss their pants when a pivotal player is no longer available. Time to boost the forward line, anyone worth grabbing from leeds? would be worth it for the hystionics if nothing else, their BW bullshit has certainly helped the close season pass quicker. HAHAHA just had a look on their squad page they still have BW listed, f*cktards.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I've clipped the Leeds podcast with Ben White when they ask him "what aspect of you is most improved under Bielsa at Leeds?".

Not that it will help when you're arguing with a brick wall. But it could be fun :thumbsup:

You can link it or download it onto your phone/computer: https://imgur.com/a/8DQe7Q5

I’d love to hear a Leeds Leeds Leeds fan’s perspective on that clip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here