Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deluded Hodgson

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
"We'll find it hard to bring attendances back to very high levels because the opponents we're playing won't excite the public," said Hodgson (BBC Sport website)

Er, no Roy - it's because England are s**t and none of the players try, so what is the point
of bothering you misguided moron.

Doesn't make a lot of people bad fans?

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
442 doesnt inspire either. It's 2014, which decade are you living in Hodgson ?

Maybe we should copy the same one that Liverpool or Man City used last season they were pretty dynamic and attacking? or the one that one Man U all those titles? What was that again?

There no such thing as a dynamic formation it depends on how the players move with and and without the ball and use the ball. 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 is no more dynamic if everyone stands still and can't pass

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
For these relatively meaningless friendlies, the FA should revert to what they were doing whilst Wembley was being rebuilt, and take the games around the country. I reckon there would have been a bigger crowd last night if the game had been played at say Old Trafford.

The FA are tied in for a few years yet with Wembley which was a huge mistake, take these boring games around the country, if it had been at Newcastle or Hull it would have been a sell out and a great atmosphere.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe we should copy the same one that Liverpool or Man City used last season they were pretty dynamic and attacking? or the one that one Man U all those titles? What was that again?

There no such thing as a dynamic formation it depends on how the players move with and and without the ball and use the ball. 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 is no more dynamic if everyone stands still and can't pass

442 might work in the Prem but it certainly doesn't work on the bigger international stages these days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
He hasn't got a clue! Wembley isnt a cheap day out, or even a nice area to go to! I couldn't justify spending my money to watch a half hearted performance. Let alone the cost of food and drink there. Someone should ask Woy how much he thinks it costs to go to watch them. He probably wouldn't know

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
442 might work in the Prem but it certainly doesn't work on the bigger international stages these days.

Brazil and Argentina didn't do too bad in the world cup. Germany improved when they switched to 4-4-1-1 which is much the same thing nowadays

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Someone on 300k a week should have no reason to tell anyone what they know about football. I'd rather he let his football do the talking. Before Japan he arrived late and proclaimed 'the big man is back in town.' Before the recent world cup he said he was going to prove everyone wrong and England could win the world cup. Last night before the game he said "it's a new chapter, this is my moment". Words are quite cheap.

If his football was matched by his bloated idea of himself then we would not be having this discussion.

Due to the paucity of talent in this country, many have looked to Rooney to be the potential saviour and thus have heaped enormous pressure on him ( which he can't cope with ) They overlook his consistent ability to fail to raise his game at the highest level and as each major tournament dawns, he is bigged up as our one world class player that we can pin our hopes on.
Frankly, I think he short changes club and country. Quick enough to claim his club lacks ambition, he slaps in hefty wage demands every 2 years but his contribution fails to match the support his club and fans give him.
His game doesn't seem to have moved on in 7-8 years and his fitness levels always leave a lot to be desired. In short, he hasn't worked hard enough at his game to become a higher class player.
He is past his peak now and its all downhill from here. Sure, you will get the odd cameo moment against a PL ' lower light 'but don't expect much from him now. Fergie always said that players mature at 25-26 and yet dear old Wayne is still talking about learning at nearly 30!
For all the big talk, I still believe deep down that he has a fairly fragile level of confidence. This may sound strange when you watch the apparently strong confident player on top of his game but his game does fall to pieces too often, when he can't even seem to trap a bag of cement.
Every time I hear the pro's talk about him they are always extolling his virtues, calling him world class etc. They obviously know more than little ol' me.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Yes England are crap regardless, but there is no way that Hodgson should still be in a job. The guy is deluded in the extreme, I think he may have actually lost his marbles. Just get someone in there that's going to **** things up, someone like Ian Holloway even FFS.

I 'won' tickets to last night's game and eventually managed to give them away. I can't think of anything worse than having to watch that shit in a half-empty soulless stadium.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"We'll find it hard to bring attendances back to very high levels because the opponents we're playing won't excite the public," said Hodgson (BBC Sport website)

Er, no Roy - it's because England are s**t and none of the players try, so what is the point
of bothering you misguided moron.

Oh dear! On 22nd May 1994 in the wake of the Graham Taylor nightmare reign England played Norway in a friendly at Wembley. We'd endured rubbish football for the best part of 3 years. As expected, it was a dull affair. The final score was 0-0. The crowd? 64,327.

Is Hodgson seriously suggesting last night's gate was low because Norway's team lacked superstars like Lars Bohinen, Tore Andre Flo, Henning Berg and Jan Aage Fjortoft??

Another example that Woy and the FA haven't got a clue about anything.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The FA are tied in for a few years yet with Wembley which was a huge mistake, take these boring games around the country, if it had been at Newcastle or Hull it would have been a sell out and a great atmosphere.
This is indeed a problem. Anyone know how long England are tied in to using Wembley for?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bow to your expert knowledge...........oh wait a sec, you've probably never even played the game at any level. Stick to FM mate

Playing the game is hardly a barometer of knowledge is it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here