Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dell Laptops - Any good?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man of Harveys said:
I'm thinking of getting one of the real cheapo Dell laptops, the ones that are around £400. Are they shit, OK or is it worth spending another £1-200 for a better one? I only want it for watching DVDs on the train and the odd bit of writing.

For what you want that's ideal. No point in forking out for stuff you don't need.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Thank you very much, good people - that's excellent advice. I might actually piss rather than continue fruitlessly to sit on the pot on this matter, as I have been for the past year or three.

Last edited:

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Oooh - we can be new laptop users together MOH - we can swap queries together!!

I should have mine by teh 27th Nov so watch out for late night ramblings!

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Agree with everyone - the one I bought some months ago is great, and so is the service. I spilt some water on it which was completely my fault and then (surprise, surprise) the keyboard packed up. The service guy patiently took me through taking the keyboard out (!) while I was on the phone to him and, when we decided together that it was knackered he immediately sent me a replacement for no charge which arrived special mailing the very next day. Now that's what I call service.

The model I got is the 6400 with dual cpu.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dell C400 is the dogs bollox which I have had for around 5 years at work

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Beach Hut said:
Dell C400 is the dogs bollox which I have had for around 5 years at work

Yes and according to Ernest you know a fair bit about bollox, dogs or otherwise :lolol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am afraid of spending money, but i looked up simple, dainty fillings at the dellicatesson and found myself £606 in arrears. A reasonable total, even though the thought of such expense seems other-worldly. And i haven't had notable concerns with this device since. Get bored with the thought of all their protection, but i am sure i would be doubly stressed if i had had to imagine it after my machine got stolen from the inside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here