Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dele Alli

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Still not sure why he is a dickhead, when our current squad includes - Players who have been caught speeding multiple times, not paid fines/attended court and been banned from driving, players getting pissed up singing songs about themselves helping Celtic win 10 in a row while downing pints - then not doing this, players involving themselves with Katie Price, players cheating on the mother of their children and ending up on the front page of the Sun asleep next to a one night stand, Premier League player ending up in student night clubs midweek and getting in trouble with the police, players fighting in nightclubs over a Love Island girl, players ending up in court and while cleared of charges - the details are still not a great reflection on the individual.

How does Dele Alli compare?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Still not sure why he is a dickhead, when our current squad includes - Players who have been caught speeding multiple times, not paid fines/attended court and been banned from driving, players getting pissed up singing songs about themselves helping Celtic win 10 in a row while downing pints - then not doing this, players involving themselves with Katie Price, players cheating on the mother of their children and ending up on the front page of the Sun asleep next to a one night stand, Premier League player ending up in student night clubs midweek and getting in trouble with the police, players fighting in nightclubs over a Love Island girl, players ending up in court and while cleared of charges - the details are still not a great reflection on the individual.

Yeah but he makes goofy Snapchat/tiktok videos.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
This move (wherever it may be) for Dele may be as beneficial as Lingard's to WHU last season. Similar type of player and age, and apparently with off field issues - something I have heard but don't know how true this is.

If Dele came here, he could be used as a winger, AM or as a #10/second striker, like a Trossard/ Ali Mac hybrid. He played these roles in his most productive seasons at Spurs, but was playing alongside Kane, a player we don't have a player particularly similar too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Either that or a huge contract which has set them up for life, a sense they've "made it", and enjoying VIP rooms, ladies and fame rather than training, improving their game and doing what made them successful in the first place.

We've seen it so many times over the decades. They peak early, give up, and trade on past glories while banking enormous sums. Wilshere, Ozil, Alli, Locadia, Rodwell, Cleverly, Barkley. We are seeing it start to happen with Rashford to an extent.

The player has to want to change their attitude and improve, but getting a multimillionaire celebrity to do anything they don't want to do isn't easy.

Rose has longstanding and well documented mental health issues. I was wondering if the same may be the case with Alli. He went from an insightful but too agressive player to a disciplined but anonymous shadow of himself. I sometimes wonder whether the right manager and team might make the difference. Maureen at Spuds was no good for Alli. And Rose at Watford? I would imagine he had trouble reminding himself what club he was at, given the utter shambles of the place.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You write 'players' but three quarters of each of the individual 'players' you list are Shane Duffy!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You write 'players' but three quarters of each of the individual 'players' you list are Shane Duffy!

Even worse then if you think the dickhead rule is actually real ! :p

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I swear we could be linked with Messi or Ronaldo and some of you on here would find a reason you wouldn't want them.

Yet we find a young south american no one has ever heard of with a fancy name, daft haircut or a fit bird and you are creaming your pants over 30 seconds of youtube footage.

Can't see it happening but would be an amazing signing!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The trouble with this rumour is Spurs will absolutely want to maximise their financial return (fair enough) AND Newcastle are getting more and more desperate. There is no way we would out-bid Newcastle on this, even if there was any basis to the rumour.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Rose has longstanding and well documented mental health issues. I was wondering if the same may be the case with Alli. He went from an insightful but too agressive player to a disciplined but anonymous shadow of himself. I sometimes wonder whether the right manager and team might make the difference. Maureen at Spuds was no good for Alli. And Rose at Watford? I would imagine he had trouble reminding himself what club he was at, given the utter shambles of the place.

Mopo absolutely flogged Alli to death, over played him and rushed him back from injuries which then meant breaking down again and losing confidence.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Hmm, not sure how well he'd react to "sorry Dele but you're on the bench as Alexis and Pascal are in the team"

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
He's proven in the past, but not proven in the present. There are too many question marks surrounding him.

Having said that, I understand that TB likes a gamble...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Loan with an option to buy would be my preference.

He’s talented and I think with the right environment could get his form back

I don’t buy into this perceived NDH stance, unless you know him personally or have an inner understand of everything occurring in North London

I’d expect a late swoop from Villa though

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

This.

I even googled ‘Alli controversy’ to see if there was something I’d missed/forgotten about. One of the first results was an article which had quite a long quote explaining that he was one of the hardest workers in training under Poch and was normally right at the front of the pack for any running drills.

The only results I could find were A) him getting fined for a private Snapchat/Instagram video of an Asian man coughing and a crass joke about the virus from the very start of the pandemic which got turned in to a weird race thing from the looks of it & B) getting photographed talking to a girl who wasn’t his girlfriend on his 21st birthday.

Even if the fabled no dickhead policy was true I’m really not sure why he’d fail.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even worse then if you think the dickhead rule is actually real ! :p

The club have never said this explicitly and in these terms, but they have said they look into player’s characters both on and off the pitch and this feeds into transfers. I also feel this can be seen by the type of players we now sign; by and large they seem a relatively smart, very professional and calm bunch of gents.

SAC

May 21, 2014
As someone else said, leave the finances to others. If the club can agree a deal then he could be a wonderful player again. All signings are a risk but whoever Alli signs for, there is a decent player in there somewhere.

I wish people would stop quoting the non existent no dick-heads rule. If there was one, a number of players wouldn't still be employed by the club. All clubs have dick-heads, if they are good enough then their indiscretions are ignored.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This.

I even googled ‘Alli controversy’ to see if there was something I’d missed/forgotten about. One of the first results was an article which had quite a long quote explaining that he was one of the hardest workers in training under Poch and was normally right at the front of the pack for any running drills.

The only results I could find were A) him getting fined for a private Snapchat/Instagram video of an Asian man coughing and a crass joke about the virus from the very start of the pandemic which got turned in to a weird race thing from the looks of it & B) getting photographed talking to a girl who wasn’t his girlfriend on his 21st birthday.

Even if the fabled no dickhead policy was true I’m really not sure why he’d fail.

Will clearly end up in hell, maybe sharing a room with Connolly.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
"Hello Delle, this is your old England colleague Adam Lallana calling to talk to you about the benefits of the Sussex Seaside Convalescent Home For Undervalued Injury Prone England Internationals. I want to tell you about the benefits their programme has brought to me and to my friend Danny. You'll be cared for by their first class medical staff, surrounded by youthful vigour and the programme leaders will manage your involvement at a pace that will give you every chance to fall back in love with the game.

As you have major tournament experience with England as recently as four years ago, have won Young Player of the Year a couple of times and been selected for a couple of EPL Teams of the Season, but have been written off by the sector of football fans who think that any player that has a tough year or two is on a permanent decline, you'd be eligible for their special deal.... What's that? .... Oh West Ham.... I see. Well, call us back if that doesn't work out."

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't see there's any problems with the lads character, and I think there's every chance he'll get his career back on track, I just think that if we're busting the bank, attacking midfield isn't the position to be doing it for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here