Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You really are like an hysterical old goat. Everything alarms and scares you.

Black woman .... woooahhhaahhh
Trans woman ....Agggghhhhhhhh
Refugee makes it to the U.K. .... POLICE!! POLICE!!!!

****ing grow a pair, you hysterical brat.

Oh I say, someone is triggered, fortunately there is nothing you can do to make me pay for the racist filth they pump out, not a single thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh I say, someone is triggered, fortunately there is nothing you can do to make me pay for the racist filth they pump out, not a single thing.

Haha! Did you stamp your feet on the last line? :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No, feet up, the good news is, as I don’t pay anymore I don’t have to listen to anymore of their racist poison [emoji1303]
Winner,winner,king prawn dinner.

You never were forced to listen to it. Nobody is. I would have thought you’re more likely to go deep clicking than tuning into the world service. Silly chap.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Lots of Murdoch lovers on here

Defund the Beeb, be careful what you wish for

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No, feet up, the good news is, as I don’t pay anymore I don’t have to listen to anymore of their racist poison [emoji1303]

For a " Proud Patriot" you certainly are an oddball. Who's racist poison provides most of your links these days?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps make the BBC a subscription like Netflix and Amazon, then if people choose to listen to the racist bile it spews they can.

Fair point. The BBC did give too much airtime to Farage.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Anyone who wants to defund the BBC is a fascist. I’ve lived in America and have seen the damage the lack of an impartial press makes. Yes it is modern liberal but if you don’t like it, you’re probably very right wing and not very clever.

I had a look at the actual aims of the defundthebbc lobby lot rather than take other peoples word for what it must mean. Apart from being a bit of a misleading headline grabber name, the main aims are

1/ Lobby the government to decriminalise the licence fee
2/Remove the legal need for a licence in order to watch (or record) non-BBC live TV.
3/Lobby parliament to replace the compulsory TV Licence with a funding model fit for the digital era.

https://www.defundbbc.uk/

Can you tell me what is fascist about that?

People often claim the BBC have a "left wing bias". Has anyone ever actually provided any evidence of this beyond a few Tories getting worked up because someone dared to criticise a Tory on there?

People have claimed the BBC have a “right wing bias” too, recently the remoaner blubbers on social media have been whining for months that the BBC are Brexit biased, right wing and in favour of the Tory government, not so long ago the BBC were apparently anti left wing and anti-Corbyn and right wing supporters and pro Tory. But has anyone ever actually provided any evidence of this right wing bias?

Seems to me the BBC news and political programming generally tries to hold all sides of the political spectrum to account, and somewhere in the middle lies their impartiality. But you have to take your confirmation bias goggles off to see it and some people cant do that.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Talk Radio owned by News Corp = Murdoch

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
That's just not true; I am far from being a Tory and I think the BBC is one of the few institutions this country can still be proud of

Hmmm, so you want to “conserve” a pillar of the British establishment, but really you think you a radical reformist?

On this issue you are right wing, Tory or not.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
perspective is one thing, information can be more helpful. those seeking to defund are objecting the tax payer funding it, are right wing free-marketeers.

I don’t doubt it, but that doesn’t change the principle here with the BBC and it’s future; it is and will remain a corner stone of the British establishment, with ranks of its employees arriving from the most privileged of backgrounds. I am sure it’s still “hideously white” and upper/middle class management are working to change it somehow, but turkeys don’t vote for Christmas.

It’s an anachronism that will change, like Brexit many will resist it, but like Brexit any dismantling of the established order is a left wing move and one I personally can’t wait for.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Sounds to me like you just don't want to pay for it. Fair enough. I assume you don't listen to any BBC radio or podcasts either.

Of course I don’t want to pay for it, these days I don’t agree with it conceptually and certainly it should not enforce payment of its licence by criminalisation. I do not listen to BBC radio or it’s podcasts. Audible for me.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
You really are like an hysterical old goat. Everything alarms and scares you.

Black woman .... woooahhhaahhh
Trans woman ....Agggghhhhhhhh
Refugee makes it to the U.K. .... POLICE!! POLICE!!!!

****ing grow a pair, you hysterical brat.

Just checking here, but what is a trans woman?

I may have missed a memo but what is trans?

Don’t tell me they have to grow a pair too?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Anyone who wants to defund the BBC is a fascist. I’ve lived in America and have seen the damage the lack of an impartial press makes. Yes it is modern liberal but if you don’t like it, you’re probably very right wing and not very clever.

Anyone supporting an organisation that has criminalised the poor for decades is worse than a fascist (that word has really lost its meaning thanks to people like you).

They are right wing conservatives.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
People have claimed the BBC have a “right wing bias” too, recently the remoaner blubbers on social media have been whining for months that the BBC are Brexit biased, right wing and in favour of the Tory government, not so long ago the BBC were apparently anti left wing and anti-Corbyn and right wing supporters and pro Tory. But has anyone ever actually provided any evidence of this right wing bias?

Seems to me the BBC news and political programming generally tries to hold all sides of the political spectrum to account, and somewhere in the middle lies their impartiality. But you have to take your confirmation bias goggles off to see it and some people cant do that.

I actually agree. I think people will look for the bias wherever they can and whilst Auntie isn't perfect (and i'm not 100% on board with being forced to pay the licence fee) I can't remember seeing anything that was blatent anti-any side. For every wanker that screams when there's diversity or equality in presenting or programming, there's airtime given to Farage and his ilk.

If you don't like it, don't enjoy that particular offering of it. I'm not keen on Radio 1, or the programming on BBC3....so i don't watch it. However, the website, TMS, some programmes on R4 etc are splendid and their programming on the TV, when I bother to watch it, can be superb.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Me: "Has anyone ever evidenced their claims that the BBC has a left wing bias."

You: "Yeah...well...nobody has ever proved there's a right wing bias and loads of people claim that!"

Do I need to tell you this doesn't actually answer my question or shall we just take that as read and assume you can't?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here