Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No need to argue about it, just cancel your direct debit, I did and got a £40 cheque from the bbc. We have netflix/amazon prime/youtube and pirate bay. Would rather spend the £13 on something else. No need for a drama.

Yeah give ya money to an offshore company and that pays almost no tax in the UK.

Subscription services offer a narrow offering that start free or cheap and then prices that go and up and up and they have ads too.

Be careful what you wish for...

Jan 30, 2008
Yeah give ya money to an offshore company and that pays almost no tax in the UK.

Subscription services offer a narrow offering that start free or cheap and then prices that go and up and up and they have ads too.

Not at all Nick , it's a biased propaganda machine nothing more nothing less more and more people can see straight through the BBC for what it has become

Regards
DF

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Not at all Nick , it's a biased propaganda machine nothing more nothing less more and more people can see straight through the BBC for what it has become

Regards
DF

:laugh:

Tell you what - don't watch the BBC, cancel your TV licence and watch the only thing that fits your warped view of things, on the glorious GBeebies app.

Hilarious. :D

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You'll be happy subscribing in the future then ?

Regards
DF

As in most things, I would prefer to pay my way than scrounge off others :shrug:

:laugh:

Tell you what - don't watch the BBC, cancel your TV licence and watch the only thing that fits your warped view of things, on the glorious GBeebies app.

Hilarious. :D

Unfortunately, as he has admitted on here, he won't pay for a TV licence, but continues to watch the BBC (hence my post above, obviously :wink:)

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
As in most things, I would prefer to pay my way than scrounge off others :shrug:

Unfortunately, as he has admitted on here, he won't pay for a TV licence, but continues to watch the BBC (hence my post above, obviously :wink:)

Why on earth would he want to watch it, given that he spends so much time here ridiculing it and wanting it 'defunded'?

That said, it is the fairy, so it should be expected.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Another superb BBC R4 and Jon Ronson collaboration. He's done some wonderful work with the BBC and this is no exception.

Jon Ronson uncovers strange but true stories from the history of the culture wars in a new Radio 4 series and podcast
Jon Ronson’s new Radio 4 series and podcast Things Fell Apart tells eight strange, unexpected and deeply human stories from the history of the culture wars.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2021/radio-4-jon-ronson-things-fell-apart

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Another superb BBC R4 and Jon Ronson collaboration. He's done some wonderful work with the BBC and this is no exception.

Jon Ronson uncovers strange but true stories from the history of the culture wars in a new Radio 4 series and podcast
Jon Ronson’s new Radio 4 series and podcast Things Fell Apart tells eight strange, unexpected and deeply human stories from the history of the culture wars.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2021/radio-4-jon-ronson-things-fell-apart

Speaking of Culture wars...

Seems the Minister of Culture Wars, Nadine Dorries is now accusing another Tory MP is lying regarding the Stanley Johnson grope claim. Nice...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59451874

Joe 90

Sep 16, 2021

Yes Netflix is shite really, but the missus likes it for some reason and the kids watch it. I don't have much interest in watching TV full stop so, as I said, pirate bay is fine for anything I may want to watch. Not assed about the UK missing out on tax, we would only waste it anyway.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...gangsters-went-torture-drug-dealer-death.html

BBC paid £52,000 to two gangsters who went on to torture drug dealer to death: Executive who hired the two men is now behind TV hits Killing Eve, Fleabag and Normal People

BBC executive paid £52,000 to two underworld figures who killed drug dealer
Christopher Guest More, 43, convicted of the murder of Brian Waters yesterday
Heavily-tattooed Jimmy Raven, 61, jailed for life a year after the savage killing

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...gangsters-went-torture-drug-dealer-death.html

BBC paid £52,000 to two gangsters who went on to torture drug dealer to death: Executive who hired the two men is now behind TV hits Killing Eve, Fleabag and Normal People

BBC executive paid £52,000 to two underworld figures who killed drug dealer
Christopher Guest More, 43, convicted of the murder of Brian Waters yesterday
Heavily-tattooed Jimmy Raven, 61, jailed for life a year after the savage killing

This narrative requires further research as well as balanced and careful scrutiny rather than a knee jerk emotional reaction to a BBC hating, Brexit loving, sensationalist rag......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here