Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defoe 130K a week

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Defoe has confirmed that he's joining Bournemouth.... Sigh.... They scored 55 goals last season... add Defoes goals to that and well depressing isn't it?.... If we don't sign a quality goal scorer we'll struggle to score 20!!!

Defoe will play instead of someone who scored some of those 55 goals. And he's too slow for their preferred style of play. This feels like a signing by an owner rather than a manager.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Defoe will play instead of someone who scored some of those 55 goals. And he's too slow for their preferred style of play. This feels like a signing by an owner rather than a manager.
As good as Defoe is I think I'd rather have Josh King for 15 million quid than Defoe on huge wages, work very well stretching defences alongside Baldock.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
The interesting thing is that Defoe didn't score a premier league goal after 4th February, if I was paying that kind of money I'd want to be sure that a 35 year old is in form and banging goals in every week. One of the reasons they went down is they didn't score in 12 of the last 14 games and Defoe was part of the team

That comment is clearly written by someone who didn't watch during that period. The whole team gave up other than one or two, one of which was the keeper. How can you expect a striker to score if the only source is the keeper?
Great piece of business for both parties involved and I think there are a few sour grapes hanging around

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here