Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Definitive General Election Poll

What was your last vote and your intended upcoming vote?

• CON - CON

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • LAB - CON

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • LD - CON

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTH - CON

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • LAB - LAB

Votes: 55 23.9%
  • LD - LAB

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • CON - LAB

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • OTH - LAB

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • LD - LD

Votes: 29 12.6%
  • CON - LD

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • LAB - LD

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • OTH - LD

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • LAB - BREXIT

• CON - BREXIT

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • LD - BREXIT

• OTH - BREXIT

• LAB - OTHER

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • CON - OTHER

• LD - OTHER

• OTHER - OTHER

Votes: 15 6.5%

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Currently 20 votes for Con-Con at the moment. I genuinely can't understand why people on here vote like this, what part of " CON " don't you get ? How do these people listening to Boris's lies about the 20 hospitals and putting 20,000 police back on the street when a, he was voting for these cuts , b, he's a proven liar and will happy dump these policies after he gains power. How can you trust this man ?

The thing the other parties should hit Boris with over and over again is TRUST, it symbolises his whole life.

Its lies on an industrial scale in his personal life, his political political life and his personal life.

Aside of his alleged beliefs and policies, he is a politician of no conviction at all

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The UK has always been democratic & this has stood the test of time. I would be very interested to ask LD voters if you are comfortable with them ignoring 52% of the countries EU vote and that being the case, you will be presumably happy if they ever got into power (unlikely unless part of a coalition) if they decided to change all their policies afterwards and ignore you?

Are you comfortable with the 48% being ignored for the past three and a half years?

The problem is the increasingly narrow Tories don't believe in consensus, infact they could learn a lot from the way Europe does their politics.

Instead they believe in ideology turbo powered by an English exceptionalism, they behave like the vote was 80 / 20, not 52 / 48.

They have failed to deliver Brexit and only have themselves to blame

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Are you comfortable with the 48% being ignored for the past three and a half years?

The problem is the increasingly narrow Tories don't believe in consensus, infact they could learn a lot from the way Europe does their politics.

Instead they believe in ideology, they behave like the vote was 80 / 20, not 52 / 48. They have failed to deliver Brexit and only have themselves to blame
So long as the result is delivered eventually and in the fullness of time, that's democracy at work... Shirley.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010

Instead they believe in ideology turbo powered by an English exceptionalism, they behave like the vote was 80 / 20, not 52 / 48.

They have failed to deliver Brexit and only have themselves to blame

I voted to remain but accept the democratic vote. The failure with Brexit is down to Parliament as a whole and not individual parties.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The UK has always been democratic & this has stood the test of time. I would be very interested to ask LD voters if you are comfortable with them ignoring 52% of the countries EU vote and that being the case, you will be presumably happy if they ever got into power (unlikely unless part of a coalition) if they decided to change all their policies afterwards and ignore you?

Manifestos change with every election. If the LibDems got a majority in this election, then they have a mandate to Remain.
Parliament cannot tie the next government.
Boris Johnson had a Brexit deal two weeks ago, which passed its second reading. It was his decision to abandon it, and call for another election. That deal is now invalid and even if the Tories get a majority, he will have to reintroduce it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I voted to remain but accept the democratic vote. The failure with Brexit is down to Parliament as a whole and not individual parties.

Sounds like you've been groomed by the Cummings "Steve Bannon" inspired rhetoric.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That sits so heavily when the majority of the country vote to leave!

Democracy wasn't frozen in time in June 2016.

Switzerland held a referendum recently (in fact Switzerland holds several referendums a year) and then re-ran it because people didn't have the right information to vote.
In February of this year, the government's own QC, James Eadie, admitted the referendum was corrupt, because VoteLeave broke the law. As it was advisory only, then it couldn't be annulled, which is could have been had it been mandatory. The file for criminal activity has been passed to the CPS for charging advice by the National Crime Agency of the police.
That in itself is enough to say the referendum was a mess.

It is still down to the Prime Minister, who already had his Brexit bill pass it's second reading, and then he abandoned it.

The public now have a vote in the general election in December. Use it wisely.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Manifestos change with every election. If the LibDems got a majority in this election, then they have a mandate to Remain.
Parliament cannot tie the next government.
Boris Johnson had a Brexit deal two weeks ago, which passed its second reading. It was his decision to abandon it, and call for another election. That deal is now invalid and even if the Tories get a majority, he will have to reintroduce it.

Whilst I'd like to revoke, a ratification vote of Brexit would ultimately be better.

An idea that Jacob Rees-Mogg introduced many moons ago...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes you are right. I suspect though, it was as it wouldn’t pass Parliament yet again!

You don't know that. Parliament voted for it during the second reading especially when the threat of no deal was still there.

I think he pulled it because Parliament wanted to amend quite a bit of it. There was no mention of employment rights, for example.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You should lump in the Cons and LDs in together, cos if the Tories get the largest number of MPs, but not a majority, the LDs will get into bed with them again. This is what I expect to happen.

Yes.…. well...… what was that again.

To quote a certain famous American tennis player: "You can not be serious". A lot of people would have to move an awful long way in their views for that to happen?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Barring the obvious one (Brexit), which of their policies are you particularly keen on?

It's all in the name-BREXIT then PARTY.After that,their MP's can be time servers and rubber-stampers like 90% of the rest.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The failure with Brexit is down to individual MP's across all parties realising that they can't vote to make the country worse off in all conscience.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I cannot vote for Corbyn. That man shouldn't be anywhere near 10 Downing ST. No choice but Boris

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I cannot vote for Corbyn. That man shouldn't be anywhere near 10 Downing ST. No choice but Boris

Really? So, you are going to vote for the racist, homophobic,
misogynistic,lying, hypocrite,over any other party leader?

If you vote for Johnson, and he wins, you deserve everything you get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here