Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Definitely 2 points dropped tonight

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
How on earth are that Palace team on 23 points? They are shite. Total reliance on one player and he WILL go this coming summer. I expect Hodgson will immediately follow him as he’ll see the writing on the wall.
Our team is going in one direction under Potter, theirs is going in the opposite direction and they have no long term plan. I know which bus I’d rather be on.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You played very well, we played very bad.
Hopefully one day we’ll turn up against you lot.
Valuable point to keep us in the top half.
The worry for you is you’re not clinical enough , and bringing on Duff with 10 mins remaining, meant you was happy with a point.
Zaha won’t be here next season, maybe Potter was tapping him up at FT ??

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We took a point away at Palace who were higher than us in the table. A game lasts 90 mins and their last 15 mins they looked very dangerous... a point was good considering we were not clinical up front.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
City lost to Norwich you can’t win every game think some need a reality check, we played some fantastic football tonight. You have to ask the question wtf are some fans expecting?

Indeed. Sit back and enjoy the best football you have ever seen us play. We will not win every week but we will give it a bloody good go and be entertaining on the way too. Enjoy it while it lasts cause some big clubs will be sniffing around Potter on the evidence so far.

Unbeaten in 3
Playing well
Getting better every week
Beaten by an isolated moment of class

Disappointed, not upset

We go again

You gave us a football lesson for the majority of the 90 mins no one can deny that, As you may or may not know we had 6 1st teamers out injured so thought we'd lose,
so am chuffed with the point and yes could have nicked it, but fair play to Brighton.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Palace are the Brighton of last season , if they continue to play in that fashion they will drop like a stone , so one dimensional and so boring to watch , after watching that game i'd be amazed if we fail to finish above them this season and so gutted we let them back in a game they were never in , we must start taking these created chances , our Xg was 2.19 ffs absolutely mental stat away from home .

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Love watching the Potter Revolution, pleasing and excititng to watch. Carragher and Conor Coady were purring about our play at points in the half and full time analysis.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Unbeaten in 3
Playing well
Getting better every week
Beaten by an isolated moment of class

Disappointed, not upset

We go again

You gave us a football lesson for the majority of the 90 mins no one can deny that, As you may or may not know we had 6 1st teamers out injured so thought we'd lose,
so am chuffed with the point and yes could have nicked it, but fair play to Brighton.

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You played very well, we played very bad.
Hopefully one day we’ll turn up against you lot.
Valuable point to keep us in the top half.
The worry for you is you’re not clinical enough , and bringing on Duff with 10 mins remaining, meant you was happy with a point.
Zaha won’t be here next season, maybe Potter was tapping him up at FT ??

No. Duffy came on at 85mins so we could go 3 at the back and it led to us having the better chances to win it toward the end after a wobble leading up to and after you scored. You went long ball so by going 3 we could push the full backs further forward - it was an attacking move but easily mistaken as a defensive one.

Agree on the clinical, we could have at least 4 more points had we added a couple more goals our dominance has deserved (last night and Burnley in particular). I don’t know how you’re going to score if Zaha goes in Jan?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If only we had a finisher of the likes of Vardy or Zaha - I'm deliberately avoiding a [usual] top six club's striker.here. Can Connolly become that player?

All this bo11ocks about our fitness being an issue is rubbish - I was hugely impressed with Maupay, he just never stops running, a constant pest, Trossard was the same.

I also like to take my eye off the ball and watch players - its amazing how lazy some are when they lose possession in the final-third - not our lot, defenders sprinting back into defensive shape, the rest immediately chase down and press - I didn't see anything wrong with our fitness apart from Bissoma getting cramp late-on [lack of game-time, he'd worked his socks off].

We are not Barcelona, we can't expect to dominate 100% of the time ...

Good game and illustrated our potential. - keep the faith

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Delighted with the performances last night and this season. Disappointed not to see the game out of course, but some of the football last night was the best I have ever seen us play - away from home, at our biggest rivals. I think we tired a little which just meant that we couldn't quite keep the intensity through the midfield areas, so we couldn't keep the ball as well and started to give away free kicks - with Benteke in the side, balls into the area will always be a problem. The Home side are always going to have a good spell. With Zaha and, more surprising for me, Ayew, they have players who can create that bit of panic in and around the area. A second goal for us and we would be talking about one of the great nights in recent history..

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It's very hard to dominate for the entire match. The solution is to score a couple more, then the other team can't get back into to (usually). It's not like we're not trying to score a few more, but didn't quite manage it tonight.

Delighted with the performances last night and this season. Disappointed not to see the game out of course, but some of the football last night was the best I have ever seen us play - away from home, at our biggest rivals. I think we tired a little which just meant that we couldn't quite keep the intensity through the midfield areas, so we couldn't keep the ball as well and started to give away free kicks - with Benteke in the side, balls into the area will always be a problem. The Home side are always going to have a good spell. With Zaha and, more surprising for me, Ayew, they have players who can create that bit of panic in and around the area. A second goal for us and we would be talking about one of the great nights in recent history..

Isn't that the norm for this Albion side this season. They play extremely well for most of or all the match but in games where they don't win they don't quite manage to score a few more.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If only we had a finisher of the likes of Vardy or Zaha - I'm deliberately avoiding a [usual] top six club's striker.here. Can Connolly become that player?

All this bo11ocks about our fitness being an issue is rubbish - I was hugely impressed with Maupay, he just never stops running, a constant pest, Trossard was the same.

I also like to take my eye off the ball and watch players - its amazing how lazy some are when they lose possession in the final-third - not our lot, defenders sprinting back into defensive shape, the rest immediately chase down and press - I didn't see anything wrong with our fitness apart from Bissoma getting cramp late-on [lack of game-time, he'd worked his socks off].

We are not Barcelona, we can't expect to dominate 100% of the time ...

Good game and illustrated our potential. - keep the faith

I mentioned fitness. I think it's not just this game. Against Wolves, we definitely dropped off. We've conceded late goals in quite a few games. Not slating anyone, I just think it's an area we could look at

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Watched it on Sky and enjoyed the game.
Shame we couldn't score a second goal when we were on top. Later on when Zaha scored, I thought we wobbled a bit and from the comfort of my sofa, I was relieved when the final whistle went, as we could so easily have come away pointless, which would have been a travesty.
To sum up, 2 points dropped, but it could have been worse!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh dear god it's hard work just keeping up with BG's list of the players he hates, from the team he 'supports'.

You do post the most absurd rubbish of anybody on NSC. When have I ever said I hate Bissouma it is in fact the exact opposite I like him and think he has great potential but he is young and learning, which he will do, unlike you. There can be no denying that when he cleared the ball he had half of he field to aim at. Unfortunately he chose to just hit the ball down the middle where it was collected and passed straight to Zaha, the rest is history. Had he chose to hit his clearance out wide it may have gone for a throw and allowed us the chance to regroup but as I said he is young and learning.

boik

You do post the most absurd rubbish of anybody on NSC. When have I ever said I hate Bissouma it is in fact the exact opposite I like him and think he has great potential but he is young and learning, which he will do, unlike you. There can be no denying that when he cleared the ball he had half of he field to aim at. Unfortunately he chose to just hit the ball down the middle where it was collected and passed straight to Zaha, the rest is history. Had he chose to hit his clearance out wide it may have gone for a throw and allowed us the chance to regroup but as I said he is young and learning.

And if they'd scored from that theoretical throw-in, you'd have still blamed him. This is football, there is always another team involved and goals are not necessarily someones fault. You come across as always wanting to blame someone for everything. Just chill out a bit and enjoy the football.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I mentioned fitness. I think it's not just this game. Against Wolves, we definitely dropped off. We've conceded late goals in quite a few games. Not slating anyone, I just think it's an area we could look at

Hard to believe it is basic fitness, but I think Liverpool had this type of scenario when Klopp 1st joined. The intensity that a style of play that he demanded meant that Liverpool could dominate for 70-75 minutes and just run out of steam. If they weren't 2 or 3 up by then they often ended up scrapping for points in games they should have won. Whether they are fitter as individuals, or they have learned to manage their stamina more effectively, or have just got better to ensure they score when they are dominating is hard to know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here