Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decorators

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Advice needed:

I want to get someone in to paint my house internally - basically becuase I am crap at DIY and I will probably knock about £50k off the price if I do it myself, comments would be grateful on the following:

a) Get an Eastern European in to do it charging about £3 per hour - monitoring progress carefully and buying materials for them - any experiences

b) Employing a proper painter and decorator and paying full wack - any recommendations..

c) Get CKR in seeing as he doesn't want to play for the Albion

Thanks

:drink:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I dont live in brighton anymore (sadly) so i dont know who to recomend, but if i were you i would ask about with people you do know preferably, and see if anyone can recomend a good reliable local firm, always get the price for the works in writing, and DEFINATLY dont hand over any money until you are completely satisfied, if there are stage payments to be made, agree them and at what point they will be made, again dont pay if your not happy with whats been done.

(i do work for a very large housing developer, so i have got a bit of an idea what im on about :p )

Good luck :wave:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
BarrelofFun said:
There is a chap called Phil who did some work for my parents house. I will see if I can get his details.

Absolute legend and was a season ticket holder before he had a daughter.

Speaks volumes doesnt it !!!!! "had a season ticket before having a kid" ....bloody kids :angry: :angry: :angry: 2 minutes of pleasure....many years of misery :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Get a quote for completion of the job, never pay by the day as it will obviously take years then :lol:

Alternatively hire me - I can paint AND make my own cups of tea..however I am exceptionally busy :LOL:

(and we were season ticket holders til Arthur came along :( )

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I know a very good high-end Painter and Decorator.

He's listed with Check-a-Trade.

Pm me and I'll email you his number

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
tedebear said:
Get a quote for completion of the job, never pay by the day as it will obviously take years then :lol:

Alternatively hire me - I can paint AND make my own cups of tea..however I am exceptionally busy :LOL:

(and we were season ticket holders til Arthur came along :( )

Hire a female to decorate !!!!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO :lolol: :lolol: i have no problem with hiring females.......but not for decorating :p

(see another one ...kid no season ticket....im right ...im telling you!!) :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
hitony said:
Hire a female to decorate !!!!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO :lolol: :lolol: i have no problem with hiring females.......but not for decorating :p

(see another one ...kid no season ticket....im right ...im telling you!!) :lolol:

Pah - my decorating is superb! :lol: Amongst other things!! :angel:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ill do it for an extortionate fee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here