Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent Pub for a meal in East Sussex

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Hi Peeps

If you are looking to go out for a meal and don't mind a drive, The Plough at Upper Dicker is superb and the food is top class restaurant standard. Went there last night for "winter nets and ladies night" with Lewes Taxes CC

The owner's chefs are all trained in London, one the ex sous chef of Marco Pierre White's restaurant in London and another chef trained with LeRoux.

The Mrs had the goats cheese souffle and I had a typical Yorkshire Pud, mash and sausages and they were both delicious.

Highly recommended:p

:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

its not a gasto pub but.....

during the week only bangers and mash - loads of choices of different bangers, different mashes and gravy's very very good.

Sunday incredible roast and the stickly toffee pudding is to die for.

I don't want to tell you as I want to keep it a secret...... try the Geesse in hanover its a gem @ £7.95 for the bangers and mash and same price for the roast its nuts.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Depends on how far to the east you wish to go. The two pubs in Pett -two Sawyers and the Royal Oak are excellent. After you leave Hastings in the direction of Folkestone, on the A259, then Pett is a right turn about a mile from the end of the town.
Guten Appetit

Both excellent and going to Royal Oak Sunday. Also Queens Head Icklesham is superb, especially on a summers day sitting outside with stunning views.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No one has mentioned the Cock (nr Lewes) or the Cricketers (Berwick), both of which surely deserve a mention.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
To the Cricketers in Berwick I would add ( from personal experience recently) the Rose Cottage in Alciston.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
its not a gasto pub but.....

during the week only bangers and mash - loads of choices of different bangers, different mashes and gravy's very very good.

Sunday incredible roast and the stickly toffee pudding is to die for.

I don't want to tell you as I want to keep it a secret...... try the Geesse in hanover its a gem @ £7.95 for the bangers and mash and same price for the Roast it's nuts

Think I'll give that a swerve.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Isnt that standard carvery owned by M & B Pubs and run under the Crown Carvery banner,the same as The Sportsman at Withdean.

Golden galleon , devil dyke etc, crown cavery, Toby carvery, harvester, steakhouse at lancing leisure, browns , pavilion tavern brighton, pump house lanes etc..

All M & B pubs ( Mitchell and butlers chain ) , there massive and I call expensive pubs like browns a posh harvester ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here