Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent point away

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My heart says we need more wins my head says tight that things may be we are hard to beat....lets see....agree fully with OP and others that agree....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Playoffs are what we are aiming for, anything else is a massive bonus and will rely on other teams faltering.

I bl00dy well hope not! We should be aiming for automatic promotion; play-offs are second best - we may have to settle for that, but not be aiming for second best.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
We'll be off the promotion radar again now which is just the way I like it

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We have drawn 13 games already this season, which is too many and this will cost us automatic promotion. Not enough wins.

I think we all realise now that the long unbeaten run, in itself, created a desire not to get beaten. We drew 10 of those 21 games and 2-3 of those were probably because of extra caution. Since then we have only drawn 3 of 14 games, all three away and two, in my book, at Hull and Preston have been very good results.
I don't necessarily think we have drawn too many and we can afford at least another two, as long as we win 7 of the remaining 11 games.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I bl00dy well hope not! We should be aiming for automatic promotion; play-offs are second best - we may have to settle for that, but not be aiming for second best.

Bang on,my mentality is set on automatic,its enough today to keep us in there,missing out on the play offs will be a disaster.....but automatics is the primary aim.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Good point, especially as Preston clog up the midfield with their 3-5-2 formation - I suspect it was a bit of a war of attrition.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I agree with this , the play offs are second choice especially given our track record in play off games. Yes on paper a good result but we probably need 90 points for automatic promotion and this was one of those we need to win games as there are tougher ones ahead.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just means we have to win Tuesday vs Wednesday.

Let's hope the Albion turn up on Tuesday against Wednesday and that Wednesday don't turn up on Tuesday.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A point is disappointing in the context of our chase for automatic promotion. But the reality is it's a good result.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Away draws are fine if:

a) You mix in the odd away win and
b) You win your home games.

Today's result was OK, it's just the other top sides converted winnable home games. If we do beat Wednesday the play- offs will be in the bag and maybe Hughton will then be a little less cautious.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Uninspiring to say the least today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here