debates and minority parties

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
given that the first debate has brought out an agreement from most people that clegg won really begs the question does the media do enough to really give minority parties the same platform they do for both labour and conservatives.

what is the requirement for getting in the debates? surely all parties deserve an equal voice and maybe people who feel disheartened with the continual corruption and lies of the major parties will feel there is actually a party that best represents them.

there should be a televised debate for ukip, bnp, green, respect, etc. :clap:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Have you heard that scottish bint moaning on BBC about how it was completely irrelevant for Scottish people? She also ignored the fact that there is a Scottish debate next week, not to mention the arguments about Scotland running its own health, education etc. :US:

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Would love to see Nigel Farage in one of those debates. He is pure quality.

I'd vote for UKIP if I thought they had any chance of winning.

As it is though it'll be conservative for UK elections and UKIP for the Europeans for me.

Have you heard that scottish bint moaning on BBC about how it was completely irrelevant for Scottish people? She also ignored the fact that there is a Scottish debate next week, not to mention the arguments about Scotland running its own health, education etc. :US:

It's an interesting point, though. The Scots aren't voting in this election for who will run their health service, or their schools, or their care system. Those things will stay in the hands of Alex Salmond and the SNP government, whichever party wins on 6 May.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the media does give minority parties a platform. The Conservatives are often seen on the telly and in the papers.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think it is the media's fault that we have had a two party system for too long. Both the chancellor's debate and last nights leaders debate had the Lid Dem 'winning'. Paddy Ashdown was a very well respected politician during his time as Lib Dem leader. The media focus on the two party system leads voters to belive that the Lib Dems can't get in.

It will be interesting to see if their popularity rises if they form part of a coalition government.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports