Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Debate: If Trossard was English, would Southgate call him up?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Despite all their obvious ability and greatness, the Albion has been on the receiving of a fair few goals that have cost a fair few points this season due too Mssers White Dunk & Webster (and Ryan).

I guess the same can leveled at the competition for places, (Mings & Maguire - I'm looking at you now) but our boys haven't exactly been so much better, that those outside our bubble are in disbelief at their lack of inclusion.

It does feel like with Sanchez behind them that's about to change.

Whereas The Tross all but vanished after his personal hell v Utd, only now getting his shite back together again.

I can't remember the last time I saw Maddison 'go missing' while the less said about Grealish the better, for fear of being sick in my mouth.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No, because he plays for Brighton.

Give him a multi-million pound move somewhere and Gareth might call him up.

Boom. It’s so obvious isn’t it?

If Dunk went to Chelsea in the summer, I’d bet serious coin he’d be in the England squad. We all know that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not a chance, the guy is a clown

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If you can watch our game and you choose not to you're not an England fan. Old boy.

I am watching our game.

Please leave me alone. You are actually bothering me and ruin things here. I wish I could ignore you. Bozza please stop this “mod” from trolling people.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Trossard is a good, even decent player in very good form but he's nowhere near getting in an England squad in his position. That is an area we are very well stocked. Defenders and someone who can get a tune out of what we have is a very different matter. The Creepy muppet never will....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Trossard is nowhere near consistent enough, never has been. That's why he's at "a club like Brighton".

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why is this even a discussion he’s done not a lot for much of the season, decides to turn up when Belgium qualifiers are around the corner maybe I’m to sceptical, bashes on about stepping stone Brighton which annoys me when he can’t be arsed half the time, and then scores a couple against a pub team for Belgium :shrug:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Suggest you read the match threads....... and ratings.... Do you think he’d start in front of his England competitors then?

Still if I recall pot and kettle around a certain thread you started? 😉

Not really pot and kettle. He is my Macbeth or Voldemort who should not be mentioned:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is the correct answer all day long and one wonders why the question was asked when we all knew the answer.

So more posters can be flushed out as being 'Anti Albion'.

Otherwise known as rational and realistic.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I love Trossard but he’s not better than Grealish, Mount, Foden or Maddison.

And obviously he’s mikes behind Rashford, Sterling or Sancho.

So no he wouldn’t and rightly so.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I doubt Trossard will go to the Euros

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yes, but do you believe they have greater strength in depth in the position Trossard plays than England?

They have a good starting 11, but I don’t believe Trossard normally start in that (apologies if this is incorrect).

100% agree - this is the crux of it. Belgium possibly have a better starting XI but don't have the strength in depth England do.

I know I'm in the minority on here, but after World Cup 2018 I've got a huge amount of time for Gareth Southgate. I'm just as frustrated that Dunk hasn't made it into the England team permanently, but I don't believe Southgate has an agenda against us. He called Dunk up once - who knows what happened during that spell? Perhaps Dunk didn't impress him the way we'd hope? Or perhaps it's just that he and Albion have stagnated in terms of progress (despite the improvement in playing style)? I love Dunky but I personally don't believe Dunk is any better than he was two years ago - or put it another way, he doesn't catch the eye any more than he did under CH.

For those who think White may have got a call up for the squad if he had been playing for Leeds this year - possibly, yes, but then again Leeds are comfortably mid-table and White, as a utility player, hasn't particularly been getting 8s on the player ratings thread every week, has he? I'm not sure many would really mourn him being transferred over the summer either. We are 16th. When Southgate chose this team, we were flirting with 18th. The only player out there tonight even close to our league position is Pope for Burnley. The rest are in teams comfortably mid-table or higher. Despite fits and starts, we've been a 16th place sort of team for 4 years now.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here