Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Death sentence for killer of British medical students on Borneo

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Well I'd be concerned that the actual killer is still likely to be on the loose and as I say a tad disappointed to wrongly be executed but I suspect it's difficult for the system to be entirely fool proof.

This. A significant proportion of Death Row inmates have said similar.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Yes but don't forget they are in foreign countries where the police and justice system is not as good as ours.

Good point well made making the rationalisation of their fate even more remarkable: for the greater good and all that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It could be argued as justice, but it seems that many countries use it for oppression and control of their people.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
What's the argument for the death penalty?

It clearly doesn't work as a deterrent, so what's the point in returning to medieval practices like that.

That is so cliché. How can anyone possibly know that?

What we do know for a fact, is those executed for murder have a zero re offending rate.

It should be a case by case thing. Say if a couple of blokes have a fist fight and one lands a killer blow, should they be executed. Not in my opinion unless they are known for trying to kill people.

If someone starts a fight on a couple of innocent blokes, and then comes back and stabs them both to death, for no other reason than he wanted a fight, then IMO yes, show me the button and I'll push it for you.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yes but don't forget they are in foreign countries where the police and justice system is not as good as ours.

Hillsborough, Rochdale, Saville to name but three. You can get fined more for not having a TV license than you can for assaulting someone. Yes we have the greatest police and justice systems in the world don't we!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Hillsborough, Rochdale, Saville to name but three. You can get fined more for not having a TV license than you can for assaulting someone. Yes we have the greatest police and justice systems in the world don't we!

and Stephen Lawrence. Yes they have improved to be fair but I don't think they are perfect just obviously better than the foreign cops.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Think their best was I'llbehung.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How can anyone justify putting 2 more parents through what the murdered men's parents have just gone through, when their sons were killed.

And just how will taking someone's life help the bereaved parents either. Even if they do want the death penalty, just how long will their sense of justice last. All but 30 minutes I would imagine, whereas a life prison sentence their solace might just help them for a bit longer.

On top of that, no one has the right to end someone else's life, not even the courts in Malaysia or anywhere else for that matter

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Just watched 10 Rillington Place on tv. If anyone supports the death penalty after watching that - then
they need their head examined.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
That is so cliché. How can anyone possibly know that?

What we do know for a fact, is those executed for murder have a zero re offending rate.

It should be a case by case thing. Say if a couple of blokes have a fist fight and one lands a killer blow, should they be executed. Not in my opinion unless they are known for trying to kill people.

If someone starts a fight on a couple of innocent blokes, and then comes back and stabs them both to death, for no other reason than he wanted a fight, then IMO yes, show me the button and I'll push it for you.
That's why you have sentences of 2nd degree murder and manslaughter.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
mercy killing is technically murder. You'd be better of as a dog. btw the Moors murderer probably has better health care than your average elderly person

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here