Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Death list prediction 2016

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm afraid this reflects more on you than him. You could do worse than listen to one of these programmes and learn how many of his jokes you have laughed at over the years.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=I Write the Gags - Barry Cryer&suggid=urn:bbc:programmes:b06s9sk0

But this is the EXACT sort of thing I mean. I KNOW he is VERY talented and I'm fully aware of his body of work (despite being 29), but if you went to a function or an awards ceremony and they said "here is Barry Cryer" you wouldn't be STAR STRUCK, would you?

Yet, the day he pops his clogs, the EXACT sort of thing you have written will be EVERYWHERE. Drama's called "Barry" will be made about him and all the stars will say "he was the greatest of our generation".

Nothing against the bloke at all, but it will very much be like Cilla. Did anyone care if she was on TV? Nope. "Oh look its that woman who presented blind date". Yet the day she died her MUSIC was everywhere and suddenly she was "one of the great entertainers".

Dec 15, 2014
Here
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by AlbionPics&SouthCoastTwit
Twiggy
Ringo Starr (Richard Starkey)
James Taylor
Mort Walker - cartoonist
Pele

Joe Frasier - boxer

Joe Frasier died 2011

Winner?

I believe I meant the boxer who sells the electric grills that drain off the fat in the states - George Foreman. I always got them mixed up. Foreman was the boxer with 12 children and 6 of them are named George or Georgette Foreman. The male Georges range from George Foreman Junior to George Foreman VI.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...pOttIvSM0vyEkFUkXF-XlWyRmZOSlFqXkAizKPxSkAAAA

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Barry Cryer.

I put him in the "cilla" camp where he means NOTHING to anyone, yet the day he dies people will suddenly pretend they cared and make programs about him.

He means something to me.

Very very funny and witty man.

While Rik Mayall was massively over eulogised when he died, I fear there won't be enough fitting tributes for Barry.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Caroline Aherne
Mohammad Ali
Nigel Lawson
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Kirk Douglas
George H Bush
Jimmy Carter
Roger Moore
Rene Angelil (Celine Dion's husband)
Richard Baker

I played poker against Reme Angelil about 6 months ago.

I'd happily bet big money he'll survive 2016, he seemed fighting fit.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
did a death list amongst five of us about four years ago
all chucked some money into the bet

didnt expect one of the group to die two months later

needless to say we no longer do the death bet

The whole thing is tasteless, but borderline tolerable except when people starting picking young people with illnesses or depression like Martin Crowe and Caroline Aherne.

That's just a little too sick and sad for my liking.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bruce Forsyth didnt look to good on the TV with the Christmas Strictly quick caption. He has just had a fall and an illness to be fair to him so that wouldnt have helped. He is 87 in a few weeks.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well, I guess no-one would have expected or tempted fate into Lemmy, Bowie or Rickman, but there by the grace of (your) God goes them three.

Scouse was otherwise the first correct prediction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35319898

Caroline Aherne
Mohammad Ali
Nigel Lawson
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Kirk Douglas
George H Bush
Jimmy Carter
Roger Moore
Rene Angelil (Celine Dion's husband)
Richard Baker

ooopsie...

I played poker against Reme Angelil about 6 months ago.
I'd happily bet big money he'll survive 2016, he seemed fighting fit.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think this thread is in very poor taste now to be honest.
Ok, at first a little black humour is harmless, but a few years on it is wearing thin.
How about we try and predict NSC posters demises...........................not funny really is it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here