Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Sami

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hang on, when in the first half there was a chant for Sami, this was acknowledged with a wave while in his usual spot of sitting on the bench. What do people want, Sami to stand up/sit down depending on 'Stand up if you hate....' and doing high-5s with the front row when we score.

It was a poor performance and no doubt Sami was deep in thought on how to improve this, to start getting points and moving us up the table.

I'd rather see the team play well and win than worry whether someone claps me or not.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
It's like players and managers shaking hands after the game.

Unless the guy whose hand you are shaking has honestly earned your respect, the handshake is a meaningless gesture.

Pure tokenism. Doesn't mean or prove anything.

Does someone half heartedly clapping you improve your self worth in some way?

If so, you have serious self respect issues.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The way I saw it, him not coming over to us was in part an acknowledgment of how poor we'd played and him not feeling justified in taking any applause and just wanting to get off the pitch, in the same way that the players barely came over to acknowledge us at the end. His acknowledgement of us during the match flies in the face of him snubbing the fans.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
This wouldn't be an issue if we had four to six points on the board. Let's stop trying to find more cracks. We've got a few to deal with already. Three points at Elland Road and things will start to look a tad better. A team CMS has a decent record against. Fingers crossed.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Hey, TSB which bit of this didn't you agree with? Maybe all of it!

Certainly the players and manager should show respect to the fans for the expense, hassle and support of away games but you cannot tell someone to respect the fans if they don't want to. The lack of respect tells you something about the person.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
In the unlikely event he gets us promoted this season will you really give a toss that he doesn't wave to you

No I think he should have a little "thank you to the fans" Promotion or relegation.....those fans follow him and the club through thick and thin.....he should acknowledge than IMHO

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
No I think he should have a little "thank you to the fans" Promotion or relegation.....those fans follow him and the club through thick and thin.....he should acknowledge than IMHO

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek

In all seriousness we need to be as one. When the manager and players acknowledge the supporters then it builds a unity that makes us all feel part of the same team fighting for a common goal. It's a togetherness that has everyone doing their bit for the cause.

Maybe this is what is missing at moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here