Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dear Rishi Sunak...

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Finally some common sense, we contribute less than 2% of 'emissions' so what we do will have no bearing. Let people make their own decisions if they want heat pumps or electric cars. And it's all for nothing as China/India/Africa/Russia don't give a feck about net zero and who are we to preach to them that they can't have aspirations of getting to a higher standard of living when we are already there. I'll say it again, common sense finally.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Incompetent corrupt untrustworthy self serving Tory scum bags the lot of them we are in the biggest mess as a nation since the end of WW2 and this is no time to play politics, this unfortunate excuse for leadership are head us towards oblivion

please please anyone considering ever voting for the Tory party Don’t DO IT

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
F6evcHfXMAAf_1e

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
"China’s emissions now exceed all developed nations combined. But let’s cull cows, ban gas boilers, enforce ULEZ, dump 40 million tons of wind turbine blades in landfills by 2050, use electric car batteries with cobalt mined by child slaves in Congo."

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
BUS grant for boiler->ASHP is now 50% more (So 7.5k towards ASHP, and assume 9k for GSHP) - Also talked about more support for insulation schemes..
Anything about onshore wind, planning reforms, grid infrastructure upgrades, CCS funding, SMR funding/research, ammeded offshore wind farm investment policy? I haven’t seen anything.

As far as I can tell all he is doing to move towards net zero taking people with him is allowing ICE cars to be sold upto 2035 and some extra funding for boiler upgrades.

Its bollocks, it's spur of the moment grandstanding policy change after the huge ULEZ popular by-election result.

If he was serious and a leader he would actually do something serious and lead.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Edited for you 👍

Angrily editing someone's post to put in a reference to a thepinknews article from 6 months ago in an attempt to slur a political figure you obviously don't like. Is the Pink News a regular read ?

Isn't this the sort of stuff that got you into trouble before :shrug:

And yet you seem to have missed completely replying to the post immediately before, so I'll quote it

You're not voting for more of the same this time round then ? :wink:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Typical Brighton political bubble throwing it's toys out of the pram over slight delays to allow for those less fortunate to try to save money and for the country to attempt to regain stability to actually be able to afford net zero!
Brighton bubble, lefties, greens, industry leaders, scientists, the youth and, er, senior Tories.

What an alliance!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Anything about onshore wind, planning reforms, grid infrastructure upgrades, CCS funding, SMR funding/research, ammeded offshore wind farm investment policy? I haven’t seen anything.

As far as I can tell all he is doing to move towards net zero taking people with him is allowing ICE cars to be sold upto 2035 and some extra funding for boiler upgrades.

Its bollocks, it's spur of the moment grandstanding policy change after the huge ULEZ popular by-election result.

If he was serious and a leader he would actually do something serious and lead.
such a missed opportunity to bring up these areas. politicans treat them as if they are unimportant when they are the foundation of any realistic net zero policy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At the last General Election Boris Johnson championed all these green policies that the unelected Rishi has now binned. What gives him the right to do that? He has no mandate.

There's no vision, there's no ambition, there's nothing to inspire and I can see why the Tory members weren't impressed and turned to Liz Truss in desperation.

I remember that Labour were a shoe-in for the 1997 General Election from 2 years out, and yet the Tory Party then was nowhere near as washed up and out of ideas as this lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here