Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Oscar (Boy called Josh)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
One for the dressing room wall...

Not easy being an Albion fan in Liverpool, much respect and a very Happy Birthday from all the Grummitts.

PG

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Dear Oscar,

In the heart of inner city Liverpool there is a boy called Josh. He's mad on football and supports the Albion. Every day after school, come rain or shine Josh out the back playing football. Josh has a Brighton duvet, teddy, wallet, posters and of course a blue and white strip. He lives, breathes, sleeps the Albion. His first ever match was last season against Huddersfield. We were going to pay on the gate but Mr. Buckley senior happened to be at the turnstiles and kindly gave us two tickets. It was very fitting that Buckley bagged a brace for victory that day. Josh's next match was away at Leeds, Ulloa scored in the final minutes and we won 2:1. The next planned match was Wigan away, Josh saved his £1 pocket money for five weeks to buy a ticket only to discover the week before that it was Auntie Margaret's 75th birthday so he wouldn't be able to go! We checked the fixtures and realised the next possible match wouldn't be until his birthday on the 15th March. But wouldn't you like a birthday party? "No I want to go and watch Brighton" came his reply. So for months, Josh has been counting the days to his next match. This Saturday, Bolton away, there will be a little boy called Josh in the stands. You won't see him but he will be watching you. It will be his seventh birthday. Now I don't know what motivates the players to play for the Albion. Maybe it is you, maybe their team mates, the fans. I don't know why you want to beat Bolton on Saturday, professional pride, the chance of the play offs and premiership glory. I don't know who or what motivates you, but if you only play for one reason this Saturday, please play your heart out for a little boy called Josh.

Yours sincerely,
His Dad.

ps Nice win last night.

Nice post

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I found it rather cringy but harmless I suppose.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Dear Oscar,

In the heart of inner city Liverpool there is a boy called Josh. He's mad on football and supports the Albion. Every day after school, come rain or shine Josh out the back playing football. Josh has a Brighton duvet, teddy, wallet, posters and of course a blue and white strip. He lives, breathes, sleeps the Albion. His first ever match was last season against Huddersfield. We were going to pay on the gate but Mr. Buckley senior happened to be at the turnstiles and kindly gave us two tickets. It was very fitting that Buckley bagged a brace for victory that day. Josh's next match was away at Leeds, Ulloa scored in the final minutes and we won 2:1. The next planned match was Wigan away, Josh saved his £1 pocket money for five weeks to buy a ticket only to discover the week before that it was Auntie Margaret's 75th birthday so he wouldn't be able to go! We checked the fixtures and realised the next possible match wouldn't be until his birthday on the 15th March. But wouldn't you like a birthday party? "No I want to go and watch Brighton" came his reply. So for months, Josh has been counting the days to his next match. This Saturday, Bolton away, there will be a little boy called Josh in the stands. You won't see him but he will be watching you. It will be his seventh birthday. Now I don't know what motivates the players to play for the Albion. Maybe it is you, maybe their team mates, the fans. I don't know why you want to beat Bolton on Saturday, professional pride, the chance of the play offs and premiership glory. I don't know who or what motivates you, but if you only play for one reason this Saturday, please play your heart out for a little boy called Josh.

Yours sincerely,
His Dad.

ps Nice win last night.

Soppy git.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Thanks for all the nice messages, sorry if it's a bit soppy in places, just got carried away! Hopefully we'll be cheering the Albion onto victory come Saturday! :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Excellent Post, Happy Birthday Josh. I for one after reading that would be happy to don the stripes and play my heart out.
Sweet, but perhaps not the outcome the OP was hoping for.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Happy Birthday Josh !!!
What a lovely letter !!!:albion2:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I presume Josh likes 1-0 wins? I hope you two have a very nice day :)

We expanded our repertoire last night to include 2-0 wins. Josh deserves it!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Seems to have made it on to facebook, just had some girl in Dubai commenting on it, no links to the Albion or NSC what so ever.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Seems to have made it on to facebook, just had some girl in Dubai commenting on it, no links to the Albion or NSC what so ever.

i hear rumours production companies are interested in making 'a boy called josh' into a full motion picture. it all hinges on the result on Saturday.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
i hear rumours production companies are interested in making 'a boy called josh' into a full motion picture. it all hinges on the result on Saturday.....

I think it's a winning idea, and I would be happy to invest in it to the tune of £10. Maybe more, if we win the lottery on Saturday. Maybe that Hornby bloke could write the script.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Great letter Dave. I know only too well what it takes to bring up kids in the right way when surrounded by the blues and reds of Liverpool. You're doing a great job and, belated happy birthday to Josh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here