perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Perseus, you're having a mare.

Hope so! That's what we bought him for!

Defensive midfielder with . . .

. . . Toko!

Yes he was, not last season but the season before he was terrific.

Oh sweet Jesus. I could run past GG. The slowest in the team does not a right back make.

Agreed, we need pace at the back, but all the other Championship sides are in the same boat.

The role of defensive midfielder and whether Rohan Ince can fill this role is problematical?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defensive_midfielder#Defensive_midfielder

I still think we could benefit from a deep lying playmaker. But Hyypia may play 4-2-3-1. It did not work for England.

I am an inherent of 4-3-3 basic shape but we might not have the players for it. This is the lop-sided system with one winger and the second striker that may appear on the left wing occasionally. Exactly the system the press were so scathing about.

I can't see either Calderon or Chicken being any good for deep crosses. I don't mind the winger getting past on the outside occasionally (that is what they are meant to do: no point having a winger otherwise!) if the rest of the defence is marking for the cross. Wingers cutting inside and running the channels or shooting accurately from long range is a different matter. If Buckley and Lualua are up to scratch they should cause the opposition problems. I would hate to play against those two.

Although we need players in defence, I see it as getting the current crop of players fit and playing well as much of whether or not we will do better than last season.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
With 21,000+ STs sold, and only 14 players contracted from July onwards ( although CMS, Buckley, Ulloa, and Agustien will be on big wages ) , we must have a somewhat bulging treasure chest to make some decent signings this summer, surely.

Think you'll find Greer earns as much as CMS ~18k a week!

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
I imagine Sami is waiting for the World Cup to reach its conclusion. As he will no doubt be checking through the finalists for likely replacements. :rolleyes:

I even think a couple of the better players from the crapper teams (the teams out in the first round) could do a job.

D

Deleted member 2719

If we're struggling for first team players, I can play left wing. Not sure I'll be able to cope for 90 mins though - anyone up for a job share?

I will give it a go on the right wing for 10mins ** We need to play with the light plastic balls cos i can really get some swerve on those beauties!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here