Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Mr Bloom, Mr Barber and BOD

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
You raise a really good point, whilst there are only so many things that can be done on a football pitch in terms of formation and approach, apart from wingbacks under Hyypia and a greater use of a long ball now, I see very little difference in our play. The end result under Poyet, Garcia, Hyypia and now Hughton is lack of goals. It leads me to wonder whether there isn't some kind of philosophy being laid down from the board room?
Poyet was boring, Garcia marginally more boring, Sammi was forlorn and now Hughton, not scoring goals. Playing one up and setting out a defensive formation is great if you don't concede first, but also we need to go one up to justify that formation and we fail to do that.
I feel CH will be in for a shock in the close season when he sees what we actually have to spend. many of the current squad are loan players and many out of contract this season. Its back to base Tony four seasons at the Amex and now we're back where we started.

If it's going to be the same as say, Poyet regarding the budget and he walks. No amount of BS about our "competitive budget" from high up will convince another manager to come as looking at it from a new manager's position. I would see a poisoned chalice.

Honestly the board really do need to pull their finger out and stop scrimping and allow the manager to have said funds which where quoted when the job interview was taking place.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Why is it Bod's fault?

ep1_bod.jpg

I blame Alberto Frog. I'll have ....................... Strawberry.

Woosh for anyone under 35.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't think there are many clubs with a smaller budget than ours. Our league position in that sense is about right...

In 2012/13, 16 clubs had a lower football/playing budget than us. And there's nothing in our accounts or similar to suggest that this has changed. Our accounts show the playing budget increased in 2013/14 and TB has confirmed several times it also increased for 2014/15 to its highest in clubs history.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems a perfect time to get rid of the supposedly high earning deadwood of CMS, Kemy, and Hughes.

Use the high budget gain in doing this to bring in 1-2 decent strikers.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
They ballsed up in the summer. First warning sign was willy waving over the fee to wolves for ward.

Then with a week to go it looked like casper would be no1 and Fenelon and CMS our first choice strikers.

Even with Jose or Fergie in charge you could see the cracks were there.

Compounded by the flurry of loans that followed.

Car crash.

They were ballsing up for some time before that. The summer just (thoroughly predictably) continued the trend - & the bullshit from the top

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
At least this summer we should have a manager that has time to be involved in the planning for next season. The last two summers have been disrupted by having to bring in a new manager. This will be CHs chance to build his own team with so many contracts ending and no interference from Burke. In fact he should be planning for next season already.

I think they are planning A and B scenario. Sadly we dont know which divison we will be in yet.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Hughton would have asked what the summer budget was before taking the job. The only shock would be if the board had lied / mislead him in which case I'm sure he will walk if that scenario comes to fruition. It's survival then rebuild.

I seriously wonder how much money is available. From what we see we need to purchase more than half a team here and that is going to cost a lot of money, can't see it happening, more of the same I feel.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
In 2012/13, 16 clubs had a lower football/playing budget than us. And there's nothing in our accounts or similar to suggest that this has changed. Our accounts show the playing budget increased in 2013/14 and TB has confirmed several times it also increased for 2014/15 to its highest in clubs history.

If thats the case, he's been mugged off, because the skill level is not commensurate with the budget.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looks like going down the cheap route has ultimately failed.
We haven't gone down the cheap route.
The quest to save a few bob and to satisfy the FFP sinkhole by selling our best players has just about cost us our Championship status.
We're not getting relegated.
Same as CMS applauding the fans after a game does. Hard to give a hard objective appraisal of the performance of people who are so goddamn intrinsically NICE.
CMS has failed here, but it's not through lack of trying, so I see no point in giving him a hard time about it.

Are our managers really the manager and not just a yes man as since Gus we seem to be sticking to the same sort of style, same kinda formation. Makes me wonder if Bloom is trying to managerial strings behind the scenes. Maybe a foolish drunken theory but it's the best i could come up with.
Bloom is not trying to manage us. That's not the type of person he is. Even if it was, CH is not stupid or inexperienced enough to let an owner manage the team.

Exactly. Generally speaking, our signings haven't worked out, including Sami. Burke took the blame and was sacked. Let's hope we do better this summer.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
They were ballsing up for some time before that. The summer just (thoroughly predictably) continued the trend - & the bullshit from the top

Some people may well believe this to be true. Tony Bloom had no experience of football other than financial when he took over as chairman and every last one of his board appointments has been a finance man. The chief executive has no experience of a provincial English football club and the mindsets of its supporters, corporate customers, suppliers and backers. A very small proportion of the full time staff, from the top man down, appear to be Albion people.

Quite a few of the ingredients for a dislocation of club/supporter relations seem to be in place.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Some of the comments on here are quite frankly ****ing ridiculous. Tony Bloom builds a ground and employs 2 excellent managers who take the club to the brink of the Premier League. Then he slackens off with the financial input - and we all understand this surely - and makes his first mistake by employing a new boy who is not up to it in the management stakes but is hamstrung by you know who. Now he has rectified this and we build again. For fooks sake take stock will you.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Let's give Chris Hughton a chance with his team before we start sharpening all these knifes. If he doesn't get fair financial backing then we will struggle but let's wait a little while before we accuse TB of wanting to bail out to the Russians and the Arabs ffs.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Some of the comments on here are quite frankly ****ing ridiculous. Tony Bloom builds a ground and employs 2 excellent managers who take the club to the brink of the Premier League. Then he slackens off with the financial input - and we all understand this surely - and makes his first mistake by employing a new boy who is not up to it in the management stakes but is hamstrung by you know who. Now he has rectified this and we build again. For fooks sake take stock will you.

Bizarre. Of 30 posts on here only a couple have complained about the money being made available and one simply pointed out that the club seemed to have spent less on bringing players in during the summer than it made in shipping them out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hughton would have asked what the summer budget was before taking the job. The only shock would be if the board had lied / mislead him in which case I'm sure he will walk if that scenario comes to fruition. It's survival then rebuild.

I have no inside knowledge and have no idea whether there is even a tad of truth in it but I can't help feeling Oscar walked because the job he got wasn't he job he was sold :shrug:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Hang on for a few years & we'll walk the league with 11 Sussex born players, all under 25.
All good things etc....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bizarre. Of 30 posts on here only a couple have complained about the money being made available and one simply pointed out that the club seemed to have spent less on bringing players in during the summer than it made in shipping them out.

We've had criticism of Bloom not being a football man, Barber generally being a failure prior to us and everywhere else he has been but the crux of the matter is we brought in crap Mr Imp. Thank god we didn't spend millions because between Burke and Hyppia we'd be right up shit street without a paddle. They've gone and that's my point.....let's see what happens in the summer.
You want Bloom and Barber to make announcements like 'we're not ready for the top flight'. They didn't have to we all knew they would reign things in and mid table beckoned. (Would be nice)Nothing bizarre if you read all the posts. So far at the Amex we have done fantastically well, one seasons blip and out come the toys from the prams.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
We've had criticism of Bloom not being a football man, Barber generally being a failure prior to us and everywhere else he has been but the crux of the matter is we brought in crap Mr Imp. Thank god we didn't spend millions because between Burke and Hyppia we'd be right up shit street without a paddle. They've gone and that's my point.....let's see what happens in the summer.
You want Bloom and Barber to make announcements like 'we're not ready for the top flight'. They didn't have to we all knew they would reign things in and mid table beckoned. (Would be nice)Nothing bizarre if you read all the posts. So far at the Amex we have done fantastically well, one seasons blip and out come the toys from the prams.

But has it really? We seem to be "losing" money left right and center even with being one of the most expensive clubs in the championship and the fill rate of the stadium ratio.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But has it really? We seem to be "losing" money left right and center even with being one of the most expensive clubs in the championship and the fill rate of the stadium ratio.

I meant in football terms really. No doubt they are seemly leaking money from the running of the Amex. That has to be dealt with...... It has been mentioned by Barber and Bloom.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here