Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Jonny Williams,

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't sound too confident Trig? Do you mind taking that pessimism into the next 2 matches?
I'm certainly not confident. We're not as good as we were last year. I doubt my lack of confidence will effect the team though, and I'll cheer them on regardless.

In all seriousness, Derby should take care of you given past results and their vastly bigger points difference
I'm not that pessimistic. They're favourites, but saying 'take care of you' makes it sound easy. But whoever wins over two legs still has another tough game ahead.

We're 7/2 underdogs. That's 1 in 4.5 chances before even allowing for the bookies cut. So 1 in 5 ish.

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
Why is it that every Palace fan I meet in real-life is a sound bloke but the vast majority on here are complete cockwombles?

I used to love them. The Cockwombles that is.
'Remember you're a cockwomble' by The Cockwombles was a particular fave.
Mike BattMcCockWomble - a truly underrated British song writer/performer.
In me 'umble.
Or womble.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's a post full of hope, ridiculous optimism and fantasy as I've ever seen on here.
In other more realistic news, I've just grown a money tree and am embarking on a trip to Mars in a hot air balloon.
Not sure what your post means. It starts off like humour, and then I got confused.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I used to love them. The Cockwombles that is.
'Remember you're a cockwomble' by The Cockwombles was a particular fave.
Mike BattMcCockWomble - a truly underrated British song writer/performer.
In me 'umble.
Or womble.

In all seriousness, are there any other Palace bods who post on here that feel okay about being associated with fellow fans like this bloke/child? I'm slightly nervous about making any sarcastic comments about your mental faculties because I think you might really be 'challenged'.

The Last Dodo

Banned
Mar 25, 2014
In all seriousness, are there any other Palace bods who post on here that feel okay about being associated with fellow fans like this bloke/child? I'm slightly nervous about making any sarcastic comments about your mental faculties because I think you might really be 'challenged'.

Yeah yeah yeah.
You love it and you know you love it.
It gives your life meaning to have a dig at a rival fan whose club is superior to yours.
It excites you innit?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC

Associated in what way?

Pistol Knight

Apr 7, 2014
Of course it is. I just think that you being in the Premiership is a consequence of your success not your actual success. The last two seasons you have been very successful, but your success has been reaching the Premiership, and staying in the Premiership,

The higher up the leagues you end up, the more success's you have had. If being in the Premiership was the success, then the reality really would be that there was 72 professional teams that were failures. Also would mean that Man Utd's and Cardiffs (even if they were relegated) seasons were a success. Ask their fans if they think their seasons were a success.

As you said success is relative. Ask Brighton fans if this season has been a success you will get a variety of answers, but the answers will depend what their expectation was, that is what success is, achieving expectations. Constantly meeting or passing your expectations over the last couple of seasons are why they have been a success for you.

WTF

How do you equate "Success" !!!!

Being PL ready with crowds of "27,000"

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
WTF

How do you equate "Success" !!!!

Being PL ready with crowds of "27,000"
Every season I ask myself what I think are our realistic targets in my mind. This season I said to my self top seven finish, getting that training ground completed, and something else that I can't actually remember:eek: If we reach them its a successful season. With or without the Premiership.

Pistol Knight

Apr 7, 2014
And being "realistic" what are your chances this coming season of "Success"?

Manager.......? yet to be decided
Players?........? as above
Better transport links....no chance
Promotion? or playoffs?
Budget?

(please remember the something else :D)

You have to take your chances, we were lucky I admit that but we have have taken advantage

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Promotion? or playoffs?
Budget?

You have to take your chances, we were lucky I admit that but we have have taken advantage
Pretty difficult to gauge at the minute. The aim though will be playoffs or automatic promotion.....much like the other 23 in the division.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Promotion? or playoffs?
Budget?

I would wait until nearer the start of the season to decide on anything personally, although I remember that part of the academy plans was that every season two youngster come through to the first team squad. I'm hoping Christian Walton and someone else.

Pistol Knight

Apr 7, 2014
The thing with an academy is that its not a quick fix, it takes years to gain the trust of Parents and young players that their career is best served at "Club a" and it also takes time for the coaches to show that they know what they are doing, we are lucky that ours seems to be a well run one, but it has been going for well ever since the "team of the 80's" (how did that turn out for us!!) it will take at least 5-10 years to really reap the benefits of it, its no quick fix

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here